First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Popular anime you can't stand
18236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/15/13 , edited 5/15/13

PrincessOfBlackRosez wrote:


OccultLimetree wrote:

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Still watching it but i'm not a fan of all the needless fan service thats in it lately and its getting a bit boring. It is funny reading the comments from older males trying to defend enjoying underage girls in skimpy outfits


I'm kind of getting the feeling that you were waiting for some mecha action series....


Nah i hate mecha stuff. i just think the last 2 episodes have been a bit empty... the plot needs to kick in again. And yes i no they have been sorta developing the characters but yeah... don't think they have succeeded very well. The needless fan service can stop to
Posted 5/15/13
Eva
1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 5/15/13 , edited 5/15/13

OccultLimetree wrote:


PrincessOfBlackRosez wrote:


OccultLimetree wrote:

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Still watching it but i'm not a fan of all the needless fan service thats in it lately and its getting a bit boring. It is funny reading the comments from older males trying to defend enjoying underage girls in skimpy outfits


I'm kind of getting the feeling that you were waiting for some mecha action series....


Nah i hate mecha stuff. i just think the last 2 episodes have been a bit empty... the plot needs to kick in again. And yes i no they have been sorta developing the characters but yeah... don't think they have succeeded very well. The needless fan service can stop to


I also don't like the needless fanservice too much(maybe because I'm a girl... ) and I've heard that Gargantia is going to change from the character development to more plot development in later episodes. But one thing I disagree with you is that I think they showed really well Ledos character development. How he is always learning about Gargantia and it's people.
35273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/15/13 , edited 5/15/13

hpulley wrote:

Funimation only has the first 50 or so up, getting more soon but that leaves a huge chunk of the middle missing unless you import the discs or read the looooong running manga as well.

If you're interested, chapter 254 began a new story arc after a seven-year time jump, so it's a good place to slip in closer to the current chapters. The build-up is a bit slow at first, although still really fun, and there's quite a bit of humor.

But once they get halfway into the Grand Magic Games, it's literally the most action-packed this story has ever been.

This is more a teaser for Erza's later story than a spoiler, I think.


Tons of characters are getting development, and they've also delved into all those hints about dragons.

Just a quick sales pitch; I think Fairy Tail is definitely something to be reading right now.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that Wendy is a complete badass despite her size.



OccultLimetree wrote:

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Still watching it but i'm not a fan of all the needless fan service thats in it lately and its getting a bit boring. It is funny reading the comments from older males trying to defend enjoying underage girls in skimpy outfits

I've been rather self-conscious of this fact, which is why I haven't posted about it yet.

Honestly though, I didn't think anything from episode 6 was overtly gratuitous or hypersexualized. Sensual definitely, but nothing about it stuck me as being jerk-off material. Which most fanservice episodes seem intended to be.

Then again though, I wouldn't be thrilled if my sister (of the same age) was a bellydancer in a bar.

So I guess every coin has two sides.
17070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
Death Note.
A stupid show with a stupid premise and stupid characters that manages to delude itself into thinking it's cerebral and intelligent. And it's fanbase is about the most obnoxious and pretentious bunch of prepubescent girls anywhere.

That's the only one that stands out to me. Absolutely hated it from beginning to end.
2397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
Fairy Tail, I stopped reading it a while ago.
18236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/15/13 , edited 5/15/13

I also don't like the needless fanservice too much(maybe because I'm a girl... ) and I've heard that Gargantia is going to change from the character development to more plot development in later episodes. But one thing I disagree with you is that I think they showed really well Ledos character development. How he is always learning about Gargantia and it's people.


Yeah i thought the plot development would probably kick in again soon, good to hear. I want to like this show more, so hopefully its get better.

I do think your right in that respect, the hole learning of the new world etc... But i dunno, i think he lacks personality.. Chamber has way more personality haha. I don't care for the character yet.. if that makes sense..

Posted 5/15/13

Insomnist wrote:

I think Code Geass is absurd.

Now I am going to run away very fast before anyone catches me.


I'm actually agree with you. I've watched one episode of it and I already don't like it. It has copy-paste from other movie
35273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/15/13

yomanman wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

I think Code Geass is absurd.

Now I am going to run away very fast before anyone catches me.

I'm actually agree with you. I've watched one episode of it and I already don't like it. It has copy-paste from other movie

I've watched 32/50 episodes because people kept telling me I was wrong.

I think the only reason it was popular at all was pure luck; it had interesting elements that caught people's attention but the result was bland; or if it wasn't being bland then it was definitely being stupid.

I'll finish it at some point because I know the ending and a part of me wants to see it, but still.

Someone had to mention Code Geass in this thread.
21187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/15/13 , edited 5/15/13


Before you reject it, you should think of it this way - Code Geass' absurdity is the reason you should watch it. It's so unrealistic, and overly dramatic and fabulous and fanservicey, that it becomes amazing because of this. If you can embrace all of it, then it's great. Otherwise, you'll just nitpick it to pieces.
25916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 5/15/13

TrueGoober wrote:



Before you reject it, you should think of it this way - Code Geass' absurdity is the reason you should watch it. It's so unrealistic, and overly dramatic and fabulous and fanservicey, that it becomes amazing because of this. If you can embrace all of it, then it's great. Otherwise, you'll just nitpick it to pieces.


it's almost like TTGL in that aspect. it's just a "switch off your brain and watch" kind of thing. or.. just another Sunrise mecha anime.
1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 5/15/13

OccultLimetree wrote:


I also don't like the needless fanservice too much(maybe because I'm a girl... ) and I've heard that Gargantia is going to change from the character development to more plot development in later episodes. But one thing I disagree with you is that I think they showed really well Ledos character development. How he is always learning about Gargantia and it's people.


Yeah i thought the plot development would probably kick in again soon, good to hear. I want to like this show more, so hopefully its get better.

I do think your right in that respect, the hole learning of the new world etc... But i dunno, i think he lacks personality.. Chamber has way more personality haha. I don't care for the character yet.. if that makes sense..



I think it makes sense. Everyone has their own opinions about different characters.
35273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/15/13 , edited 5/15/13

aidenraine wrote:


TrueGoober wrote:

Before you reject it, you should think of it this way - Code Geass' absurdity is the reason you should watch it. It's so unrealistic, and overly dramatic and fabulous and fanservicey, that it becomes amazing because of this. If you can embrace all of it, then it's great. Otherwise, you'll just nitpick it to pieces.

it's almost like TTGL in that aspect. it's just a "switch off your brain and watch" kind of thing. or.. just another Sunrise mecha anime.

I'm down with absurdity, believe me. It's not a main staple of my anime diet but I eat it up occasionally.

Camp is usually the sort of thing I can't stand.

Here, though: TTGL was dynamic, electrifying, emotional, exhilarating, gripping, heartbreaking, heartrending, inspirational, inspiring, motivating, provoking, stimulating, and touching. That's not at all the thesaurus page I would copy to describe Code Geass, which was a pseudo-intellectual faceplant into a pile of dung.

And when it got a laugh, it just did it over and over and over again.

I WILL NOT CRITICIZE OTHER PEOPLE FOR LIKING IT. I like some shows I consider "bad" objectively; there's rarely an anime that doesn't have something to say to someone somewhere at some time in their lives. But Code Geass is not on my list of such shows. If anything it's my anime antithesis and I'll gleefully rip a piece out of it every chance I get.

But people can also think that about shows I think are amazing, and that's ok too.

We all measure these things differently, which makes threads like this interesting. This is just my bit.


OccultLimetree wrote:

Chamber has way more personality haha. I don't care for the character yet.. if that makes sense.

Chamber is awesome.

72604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
Take TrueGoober's post replace "code geass" with "any anime with" and it works just fine.
2929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
I hate all mecha-animes, but i read some comments that Code Geass, fanservice, etc, now i'm going to watch a few episodes , to discover those.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.