First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Popular anime you can't stand
41673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/15/13 , edited 5/15/13

AnimeKami wrote:

Take TrueGoober's post replace "code geass" with "any anime with" and it works just fine.

If you replaced it with "any movie with," wouldn't that be a defense of X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

Because (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Posted 5/15/13

TrueGoober wrote:



Before you reject it, you should think of it this way - Code Geass' absurdity is the reason you should watch it. It's so unrealistic, and overly dramatic and fabulous and fanservicey, that it becomes amazing because of this. If you can embrace all of it, then it's great. Otherwise, you'll just nitpick it to pieces.


It's just my point of view, I don't want to offend any CG fan
22084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Scotland
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
Dragonball Z

53209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
Oh yeah, I couldn't finish Code Geass either... just way too over the top and not in a fun way like some can be...

Enjoying Gargantia including the dancing but do hope it picks up the pace after two enjoyable development episodes.
15778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
don't we watch anime because it's absurd?

something that may or may not relate to this topic:
23442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/15/13 , edited 5/15/13

Insomnist wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

Take TrueGoober's post replace "code geass" with "any anime with" and it works just fine.

If you replaced it with "any movie with," wouldn't that be a defense of X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

Because (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻


lol I think it depends on how self-aware the work is of its own silliness, because I also hated Wolverine. Ugh, especially that stupid spiral fall pattern Deadpool did in the end lol

Iron Man 3 did this the wrong way, too ;_;


yomanman wrote:


TrueGoober wrote:



Before you reject it, you should think of it this way - Code Geass' absurdity is the reason you should watch it. It's so unrealistic, and overly dramatic and fabulous and fanservicey, that it becomes amazing because of this. If you can embrace all of it, then it's great. Otherwise, you'll just nitpick it to pieces.


It's just my point of view, I don't want to offend any CG fan


No no, I wasn't offended by what you said. I just really enjoyed it, and I thought if someone wasn't watching it with the right mindset then they wouldn't enjoy it the same way I did is all. Nothing wrong with your opinion, though.
88154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
i watch anime for the boobs and butts 99% of the time because 100% of the time it is only about boobs and butts.
15778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/15/13

AnimeKami wrote:

i watch anime for the boobs and butts 99% of the time because 100% of the time it is only about boobs and butts.


88154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/15/13

RolexKid wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

i watch anime for the boobs and butts 99% of the time because 100% of the time it is only about boobs and butts.




that's the bloody gif i was looking for... on to this thread
34052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
Naruto Shup, and bleach. Started watching it a while back but got tired after they had over 200 episodes.
28207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
I've tried multiple times to get into bleach but I can't. It just reminds me to much of yu yu hakusho which was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I realize it's a lot more popular and my friend says it becomes drastically different but every time I try to watch it i get disinterested after a few episodes.
7040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
I can't say I don't like Naruto, but I just couldn't get into it. Same thing with Fairy Tale, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist. I tend to go for more realistic, character driven stories.
1013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
I can't stand Naruto. I've tried SO many times - I just can't ever keep interested.
Posted 5/15/13
I can't stand Naruto
Posted 5/15/13
Sword Art Online, which I am currently watching now. It's not that I cant stand it, I actually like it, it was just WAY too over-hyped. People are praising it for being this amazing, epic anime, when really it is pretty generic, albeit with some beautiful animation and amazing action sequences.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.