First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply People who ask for your notes
12749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 5/14/13
How do you feel about it?

I guess it depends on what class you're taking. I don't mind since I do it too, but if bitches start coming to me listing all the dates that they missed class and aspect me to somehow compromise for them, running around trying to find which notes is to what date, then I start to get annoyed.

Mainly because I feel that I work really hard writing my notes: recording, re-writing, organizing. hours and hours. And yes, I mean to be arrogant when I say this but I am pretty sure everyone's notes is chicken scratch compared to mine. But in reality I am too freaking nice for my own good so i give the notes regardless -___-""""

I need this date, that date, that other date annnnnnd last dates notes:

4/3
4/4
4/5
4/6
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.
.
.
.
.
.


thanks in advance!!! ;]
12321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/13
Sometimes just say no and don't lie about it. Notes from last class? Sure. Notes from 8 weeks ago, 4 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago? Say no.
Posted 5/14/13
Really annoying, they should make their own notes or something. Unless they were not in for one day for good reasons I will agree or if they misunderstood something I`ll help, but to purposely keep asking because they can`t be bothered to listen it gets irritating.
27875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 5/14/13
People take notes!?

Only time I ever used someone elses notes is before I got my glasses. I was seated at the back of the class and the girl next to me realized I was struggling to see the blackboard and offered them to me. So I guess I wouldn't mind helping someone else out if needed but not if they get ridiculous about it and want the notes from too long ago. I would say it shouldn't be on a continual basis either but I just know I would start to find it funny and just laugh every time I saw it coming.
Posted 5/14/13
Sometimes I do take notes, most of the time i'll take pictures since I carry my 20mp RX100 around all the time, it's no biggie haha easy to share too, I don't really share my written notes with anyone though it's annoying as hell =_=
27875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 5/14/13

DragonArcane wrote:

Sometimes I do take notes, most of the time i'll take pictures since I carry my 20mp RX100 around all the time, it's no biggie haha easy to share too, I don't really share my written notes with anyone though it's annoying as hell =_=


Too difficult to just say camera?
Posted 5/14/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


DragonArcane wrote:

Sometimes I do take notes, most of the time i'll take pictures since I carry my 20mp RX100 around all the time, it's no biggie haha easy to share too, I don't really share my written notes with anyone though it's annoying as hell =_=


Too difficult to just say camera?


A camera could imply a phone camera, whereas I mentioned my camera since i'm a photographer and I like being distinct about the differences between a crappy phone camera and a useful dedicated camera.
Posted 5/14/13
My usual answer: What notes?
17834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio, U.S.
Offline
Posted 5/14/13
I've never taken good notes, and the notes I do take are in doctor-like chicken scratch. Whenever someone asks me for notes, I'm like "sure, if you can read them" and they usually hand them back within 5 seconds.
27875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 5/14/13

heyitsthatguy wrote:

I've never taken good notes, and the notes I do take are in doctor-like chicken scratch. Whenever someone asks me for notes, I'm like "sure, if you can read them" and they usually hand them back within 5 seconds.


Are you able to read your own notes when they are written like that? I have always been astonished by some peoples writing and wonder how they ever manage to figure out what it says.
17834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio, U.S.
Offline
Posted 5/14/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


heyitsthatguy wrote:

I've never taken good notes, and the notes I do take are in doctor-like chicken scratch. Whenever someone asks me for notes, I'm like "sure, if you can read them" and they usually hand them back within 5 seconds.


Are you able to read your own notes when they are written like that? I have always been astonished by some peoples writing and wonder how they ever manage to figure out what it says.


Yep, basically I stopped improving my handwriting after 3rd grade and just learned to write faster. Its not completely illegible to the point where my teachers couldn't read it, but it is difficult to read if you aren't me.
27875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 5/14/13

heyitsthatguy wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


heyitsthatguy wrote:

I've never taken good notes, and the notes I do take are in doctor-like chicken scratch. Whenever someone asks me for notes, I'm like "sure, if you can read them" and they usually hand them back within 5 seconds.


Are you able to read your own notes when they are written like that? I have always been astonished by some peoples writing and wonder how they ever manage to figure out what it says.


Yep, basically I stopped improving my handwriting after 3rd grade and just learned to write faster. Its not completely illegible to the point where my teachers couldn't read it, but it is difficult to read if you aren't me.


I see. I guess it only makes sense that way. I had a lot of issues with my handwriting when I was younger. It used to confuse the teachers completely until one of them finally realized that I was unable to write correctly and it was all in mirror image. Now I get a lot of compliments on it and most people say they can read it really easily.
1409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 5/14/13 , edited 5/14/13
My notes are complete and organized (dated and chronologically arranged) I don't mind if friends borrow it, but I definitely won't lend my notes to people I don't like (especially those who attended class but didn't bother to take notes)
12619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/14/13
I'm okay with sharing my notes as long as the the other person is willing to cover me on the days I miss as well. Sucks for them, though, even I can't read my own notes sometimes. During the last 3 years of college, I started using a laptop to take notes, which worked much better, and sending them to people got easier too.

I'm not very organized, though. I'll get the important stuff, but you have to weed through indeterminable lengths of filler to get to it.
Sogno- 
25278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/14/13
people never asked me for notes because 1. i rarely took them and 2. when i did i still made bad grades, so they didn't bother lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.