First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply DAISUKI Launch
9286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
I haven't even signed up yet, none of the prizes is tempting.
I don't care about figurines, except of characters from games I play. Like Nathan Drake from Uncharted series.
Well come to think of it, I think they were giving away some Prince of Tennis book thingy.
But I never win anything, so meh
17135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Near Detroit,MI
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
I signed up awhile back to check them out (and put a couple contest entries in I spend more on magazines,BD/DVD,Anime CDs so figured I'd try for some figures. Same here...this latest contest version is a bit weak but figured what the heck Waiting to see what they will have down the road...esp in real older anime.
kmfcm 
19745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
did they pick up any summer shows???


they launched too late to get any Spring shows, but now there's no excuse
The Wise Wizard
77945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

kmfcm wrote:

did they pick up any summer shows???


they launched too late to get any Spring shows, but now there's no excuse

They have Monogatari Series Second Season. While CR also got it, it is on a month delay here.
17577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 7/29/13 , edited 7/29/13
There's been two updates for Daisuki today!
One was to confirm a new series that would be premiering under their payed service. It's Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. I went ahead and checked, and for a two day rental, it costs 499 yen (5 bucks) per episode. A bit on the expensive side, but not too bad overall.
Secondly, they announced that the winners have been selected, and to go check your emails. I went and checked mine to find out that I'm a winner.
41235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 7/29/13

RoyalMoon wrote:

Secondly, they announced that the winners have been selected, and to go check your emails. I went and checked mine to find out that I'm a winner.


Congrats; out of curiousity, which prize did you win?
17577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 7/29/13

eyeofpain wrote:


RoyalMoon wrote:

Secondly, they announced that the winners have been selected, and to go check your emails. I went and checked mine to find out that I'm a winner.


Congrats; out of curiousity, which prize did you win?


The plain Madoka Magica figma.

25698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 7/29/13
Ouch, absolutely insane ~$5 for one episode of anime with their fee-based series, is that their first paid anime? At least they aren't doing that with all their titles... yet. O.o
51989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/29/13

RoyalMoon wrote:


eyeofpain wrote:


RoyalMoon wrote:

Secondly, they announced that the winners have been selected, and to go check your emails. I went and checked mine to find out that I'm a winner.


Congrats; out of curiousity, which prize did you win?


The plain Madoka Magica figma.


Score! Congrats!

$5/episode? $8/month never looked so good...
18764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/29/13
Movic set. And one of my friends got that too. I guess that was an easy one, or just a strange coincidence.
The Wise Wizard
77945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/29/13
Nothing in my inbox.
51989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/29/13

TheAncientOne wrote:

Nothing in my inbox.

Nor mine... we must be too old or something LOL
28908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / My couch, usually
Offline
Posted 7/29/13
Apparently Daisuki doesn't love Linux...

I can't play any of the vids on that, it only works on Windows for me (I don't have a Mac). The little buffering circle spins for a second or two, I get a blank screen, and no matter what, I can't get anything to start playing.

Why should they care what O/S I use to do streaming video in a web browser. Neither Chromium nor Firefox works for Daisuki on Peppermint, a Mint/Ubuntu offspring, but I also tried both Mint and Ubuntu installations separately as well, so I don't think it's a quirk of the flavor being used. I even tried adding a couple different user agent plug-ins to try to make it think I was using windows instead of Linux, but still no luck...

Both Funi and CR streams work just fine for me (now), and neither Hulu, nor youtube are a problem, either, so I don't see why Daisuki is being exclusive somehow... (never mind all the crud I had to go through just to get any of those Linux flavors to play HDMI sound through my Radeon graphics card, and then through my Pioneer receiver to finally go through my sound system, that's a whole different story)
68868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 7/30/13 , edited 7/30/13

hpulley wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:

Nothing in my inbox.

Nor mine... we must be too old or something LOL

Well, I got one. Maybe you didn't enter enough times. I won a Kubey charm to keep and some Prince of Tennis something to try to sell on ebay.


asharka wrote: Apparently Daisuki doesn't love Linux...

I can't play any of the vids on that, it only works on Windows for me (I don't have a Mac). The little buffering circle spins for a second or two, I get a blank screen, and no matter what, I can't get anything to start playing.

Why should they care what O/S I use to do streaming video in a web browser. ...

They seem to be actively trying to block tablets and smartphones, maybe they are blocking Linux due to incompetence ... given that Android is Linux based.

That raises the question of why they would be actively trying to block tablet and smartphone browsers, which itself seems idiotic to me. AnimeSols tries hard to work with any HTML5 compatible browser.

I put it down to being immersed in the Japanese internet culture and being out of touch with how things are in their target markets overseas.
16111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 7/30/13

hpulley wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:

Nothing in my inbox.

Nor mine... we must be too old or something LOL


Nothing in mine either. I hope i win the second round.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.