First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Post pictures of your figures!
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

°°° Vintage 70s Great Mazinger by Popy °°°

I'm not really a "collector" per se, I just buy what I like. Trying to keep it casual, as I have a tendency to get too OCD about stuff... I have a few anime figurines, but lately I'm getting more into kaiju/tokusatsu, both vintage and neo.


°°° Vintage 80s Ultraman stuff (Bandai) °°°


°°° Cyclopus by BLObPUS (neo-kaiju) °°°
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

°°° Neronga (Ultraman) tearing up my hood... 80s figure from Bandai °°°


°°° Three generations of Miclas! Left to right: 90s, 80s, 70s °°°


°°° Love this guy! °°°


°°° Aaw, just look at that little FACE! So handsome... Popy, 70s °°°
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

BRShooter19 wrote:

My yui ^-^


Such a great shot! Positively gorgeous!
2184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 10/25/14

superchunk wrote:


BRShooter19 wrote:

My yui ^-^


Such a great shot! Positively gorgeous!


Thank you so so much!
1361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Chicagoland ~
Offline
Posted 10/28/14
Having fun with my new Dollfie ~



2172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / kanagawa, Japan
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
I really want to start colleting figures but I'm still a little torn between it and gunpla. Going through this thread though and seeing all the beautiful pictures of these figures is surely about to convince me
.
1361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Chicagoland ~
Offline
Posted 11/6/14

cheeto5000 wrote:

I really want to start colleting figures but I'm still a little torn between it and gunpla. Going through this thread though and seeing all the beautiful pictures of these figures is surely about to convince me
.


I collect figures and build gunpla. It's awesome to do both and since gunpla doesn't tend to be expensive (besides Bandai's PG stuff), it's easy to add the new kits to my monthly orders on Amiami. They're around the price of an articulated figure or sometimes just a little bit more. I try to go for 1/100 kits, very rarely do I order 1/144 because they only take a couple hours to build and they're just not as cool looking for the most part. Because of that, they don't come out with new ones very often so it's really simple to do both! <3
2172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / kanagawa, Japan
Offline
Posted 11/6/14

IshokuOsero wrote:


cheeto5000 wrote:

I really want to start colleting figures but I'm still a little torn between it and gunpla. Going through this thread though and seeing all the beautiful pictures of these figures is surely about to convince me
.


I collect figures and build gunpla. It's awesome to do both and since gunpla doesn't tend to be expensive (besides Bandai's PG stuff), it's easy to add the new kits to my monthly orders on Amiami. They're around the price of an articulated figure or sometimes just a little bit more. I try to go for 1/100 kits, very rarely do I order 1/144 because they only take a couple hours to build and they're just not as cool looking for the most part. Because of that, they don't come out with new ones very often so it's really simple to do both! <3


Yeah I love the price range for gunpla and the fact that its a more involved hobby. I actually picked up a couple of MG models from nakano broadway for super cheap simply because the models I wanted were from older series(g gundam, turn A and Wing).I just feel like once I start collecting figures it going to take over my life and money since its so accessible. Figures just look so amazing and I certainly dont have the skills to customize models.
1361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Chicagoland ~
Offline
Posted 11/6/14 , edited 11/6/14

cheeto5000 wrote:


IshokuOsero wrote:


cheeto5000 wrote:

I really want to start colleting figures but I'm still a little torn between it and gunpla. Going through this thread though and seeing all the beautiful pictures of these figures is surely about to convince me
.


I collect figures and build gunpla. It's awesome to do both and since gunpla doesn't tend to be expensive (besides Bandai's PG stuff), it's easy to add the new kits to my monthly orders on Amiami. They're around the price of an articulated figure or sometimes just a little bit more. I try to go for 1/100 kits, very rarely do I order 1/144 because they only take a couple hours to build and they're just not as cool looking for the most part. Because of that, they don't come out with new ones very often so it's really simple to do both! <3


Yeah I love the price range for gunpla and the fact that its a more involved hobby. I actually picked up a couple of MG models from nakano broadway for super cheap simply because the models I wanted were from older series(g gundam, turn A and Wing).I just feel like once I start collecting figures it going to take over my life and money since its so accessible. Figures just look so amazing and I certainly dont have the skills to customize models.


While figures may take up a good chunk of money, it's easier to spread out gunpla (at least from what I've found). I got a heap of model kits earlier this year when I dove headfirst into it - through Amiami and then I got some at ACen too while I was there. But after the initial heap I've been weeding out so much of the smaller kits and stuff and when I started focusing on just 1/100/MG grade kits there really isn't as much of a selection (unless you want every single alternate version of the same kind of kit - (for instance there are a bajillion Astrays, but I got the Sengoku Astray and I don't really like the thought of building what's essentially the same kit again so I won't get the blue one or other types of it). So after the initial push you may find that you aren't getting too many kits anymore, unless you're into the 1/144/HG models also. It seems like those come out in abundance, but anything more than that really doesn't. It's like pulling teeth trying to find new releases of that size.

Of course you can also look at it like this too - you can have both but focus more on one side of things than the other. I mostly collect figures but I also have gunpla as my side hobby (and just added dolls apparently, I like that Miku Dollfie that I got far more than I expected to). So it's not the main thing that I get, but it's still a lot of fun and I don't want to be without them. =)
3050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/21/14
My Latest..

1728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 11/25/14 , edited 11/25/14
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Clamiku#s=/user/Clamiku/photos
Hey guys. Please check out my Photo Albums, to see photography of my figures!

Some examples:

113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 18 days ago
This had to happen LOL!

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.