First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Can't Remove Credit Card
Der Zoodirektor
23369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 11/2/15

TheAncientOne wrote:

I'm curious if other services (Netflix, Funimation, etc.) let you remove a credit card after you've paid. I don't know, as I've never tried. I would wager Netflix wouldn't as they are a month to month subscription. Of course, they don't have an online store for it to be coupled to. I don't know about Funimation, but I believe their store account is separate from their online subscription (unlike CR).


Afaik, the only user-end way of getting a payment method out of Netflix' system for an account with a running subscription is by replacing it with another. You can't have a subscribed Netflix account without a payment method. (A Netflix account without a subscription is useless anyway, as they don't have any free-to-watch content anyway.)
37709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/2/15

shinryou wrote:
Afaik, the only user-end way of getting a payment method out of Netflix' system for an account with a running subscription is by replacing it with another. You can't have a subscribed Netflix account without a payment method. (A Netflix account without a subscription is useless anyway, as they don't have any free-to-watch content anyway.)


Chat transcript:
Der Zoodirektor
23369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 11/3/15
I was talking about a *subscription*, not a gift membership. If you take our gift memberships, you won't need a payment method on file either.
Otherwise the Netflix rep just confirmed what I said earlier.
37709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/3/15 , edited 11/4/15

shinryou wrote:

I was talking about a *subscription*, not a gift membership. If you take our gift memberships, you won't need a payment method on file either.
Otherwise the Netflix rep just confirmed what I said earlier.

That's interesting to know. So you don't require either the purchaser or the recipient of a gift membership to keep a payment method on file, and you now* allow people to take their card off before the end of a subscription period that they've already paid for?


* - I could be misunderstanding you, but it sounded like your answer to TheAncientOne** was intended to imply that Netflix's policy is the same as CR's. It's not, if your last reply to me on that subject is still correct. (Netflix does allow you to take a card off file at any time by cancelling, even though you'd only have a month or less remaining. You've previously said that even if you cancel, CR won't let you take a card off file until the subscription you've already paid for is up - which can be up to an entire billing year.)

** - Enclosed in spoiler below.


Edit: I'm guessing from your silence that the answer to at least the second question ("you now* allow people to take their card off before the end of a subscription period that they've already paid for?") is "No".

It would be great news if the answer to the first question ("So you don't require either the purchaser or the recipient of a gift membership to keep a payment method on file...?") is "Yes", and it did sound like you were implying it, but it's hard to guess without clarification.
Der Zoodirektor
23369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 11/4/15
Yes, you don't have to keep your payment method on file if you do store purchases only.

If you are subbed to premium services, you cannot take it off before the current term expires.
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/27/15
how can i remove my credit card too but keep my free trial, i jest want to remove it incase i get charged after its done
58666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 11/27/15

noeg166 wrote:

how can i remove my credit card too but keep my free trial, i jest want to remove it incase i get charged after its done


You can cancel before being charged, but your trial will end immediately. I'd suggest cancelling at least 24 hours before you're scheduled to be charged, as some users seems to experience a pre-auth before before they expected a pending charge to appear.
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/27/15
ok thanks, i'll cancel a week before they charge me
Queen of Support
starry 
60833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/27/15

noeg166 wrote:

ok thanks, i'll cancel a week before they charge me

I have turned off auto renewal for your account.
Your Trial will run until the end of the Free period, at which point it will expire and you will not be billed. :]

Have a great weekend!
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/27/15
Thank you so much :D, i loves u so much u da best xD
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/19/16
Okay how do I go about removing my dad's debt card after the free trail is over I only want to try it for 14 days then switch back to a free user.
Der Zoodirektor
23369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 2/19/16

OriharaIzaya6661 wrote:

Okay how do I go about removing my dad's debt card after the free trail is over I only want to try it for 14 days then switch back to a free user.


Just cancel the free trial on the second to last day.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/19/16
Could you post the link for it
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/19/16
Never mind I found out how thank you very much
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/16/16
How can I remove my card ?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.