Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Strangers' families and lack of empathy.
Posted 5/19/13
Being psychopathic doesn't hinder you from living a normal life, at least superficially. Maybe you're just an arsehole.
15406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Dublin, Ireland (...
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

mentalese wrote:

Being psychopathic doesn't hinder you from living a normal life, at least superficially. Maybe you're just an arsehole.


I am an arsehole thanks, I've used that as an excuse for many things. Murder plots, fetishes, racism, etc. Your point?
Posted 5/19/13

PrincessLunza wrote:

I am an arsehole thanks, I've used that as an excuse for many things. Murder plots, fetishes, racism, etc. Your point?


This wasn't directed at you, Princess. Apathy isn't as abnormal as you think.
15406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Dublin, Ireland (...
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

mentalese wrote:


PrincessLunza wrote:



This wasn't directed at you, Princess. Apathy isn't as abnormal as you think.


Oh right, that's where vanity gets me. Aye, I know that all too well I guess. Apathy is one thing I "suffer" from. Boredom mixes with that. Hence why I go on crunchyroll at 3 am on a school night.
42197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13



To answer the question (or rather, questions):
No.
22723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

PrincessLunza wrote:
Have you ever laughed/felt good about/cared nothing about a stranger/person you dislike's family member (a parent mainly)'s death? I mean, that's a lack of empathy right? A few of my acquaintances have done so (Laughed at someone saying their mother or father is dead).

Using common checklist criteria, I am a highly functioning borderline psychopath with limited capacity for empathy. I've often laughed at death because it was ironic or ridiculous in some way, but I have never laughed at another person's grief. Unless I care about the grieving person enough for their experience to affect me directly, my only emotional response is to be concerned that they may cry at me and want a hug or something. Getting cried and snotted on is seriously disgusting, and not funny at all.
Posted 5/19/13
My paternal grandfather passed away this past March. It hit me pretty bad because I was close to him. I was indifferent to my step-paternal Grandfathers death in January 2011, mainly because I was not as close to him as I was my real grandfather. I still loved him though as any grandchild should love their grandparent. Considering he was only in my life for 11 years.
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I just generally give no fucks about anything, after I see the endings to Bleach, Naruto, One Piece; my life shall be complete.
3523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

mhibicke wrote:
PrincessLunza wrote:

Using common checklist criteria, I am a highly functioning borderline psychopath with limited capacity for empathy. I've often laughed at death because it was ironic or ridiculous in some way, but I have never laughed at another person's grief. Unless I care about the grieving person enough for their experience to affect me directly, my only emotional response is to be concerned that they may cry at me and want a hug or something. Getting cried and snotted on is seriously disgusting, and not funny at all.


I am the most sane and empathetic person I know, even those who love me say I am an extremely serene individual even as a child. To my knowledge I have never cried and my parents have no recollection of me crying as a child either and I seldom get angry. So lets not use a lack of tears as a criteria for psychopathy. I agree with mhibicke, tears are a waste of emotion and it's unseemly.

I have been to a psychologist once in my life, this was after I had dealt with a kid that was bullying my younger brother. I didn't hit the bully I simply convinced him to never come near anyone I spoke to. I remember the psychologist asking if I had ever felt like hurting someone or a pet. I walked out and I've never seen a psychologist since. Why anyone would want to go to school for a pseudo-science is beyond me.

Laughing at funerals when you see other people crying is a common coping mechanism, it's a ridiculous thing to watch; so many ugly red faces with tears streaming down their face.
7529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
i'm only going to comment on the part where you were taking about liking the gore and shit lots of people like the genre and that doesn't make them psychopathic or antisocial or anything like that. and i mean come on who doesn't love watching that cunt from school days have that happen to him
35656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

spacebat wrote:



I am the most sane and empathetic person I know, even those who love me say I am an extremely serene individual even as a child. To my knowledge I have never cried and my parents have no recollection of me crying as a child either and I seldom get angry. So lets not use a lack of tears as a criteria for psychopathy. I agree with mhibicke, tears are a waste of emotion and it's unseemly.

I have been to a psychologist once in my life, this was after I had dealt with a kid that was bullying my younger brother. I didn't hit the bully I simply convinced him to never come near anyone I spoke to. I remember the psychologist asking if I had ever felt like hurting someone or a pet. I walked out and I've never seen a psychologist since. Why anyone would want to go to school for a pseudo-science is beyond me.

Laughing at funerals when you see other people crying is a common coping mechanism, it's a ridiculous thing to watch; so many ugly red faces with tears streaming down their face.


I don't understand how crying is considered "unseemly". I would think that laughing at a funeral would be the unseemly thing to do, Unless you were actually trying to cheer someone up by making them laugh, not because you think their ugly and red tear streaked face is ridiculous to look at.
3523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

EspeoangeTieler wrote:

i'm only going to comment on the part where you were taking about liking the gore and shit lots of people like the genre and that doesn't make them psychopathic or antisocial or anything like that. and i mean come on who doesn't love watching that cunt from school days have that happen to him


I think the poster is attempting to imply furtively that he thinks that he may be a psychopath. He probably thinks psychopaths are cool, because in Anime and movies this is how they are commonly portrayed. I don't think he understands what it means to have a mental disorder. So lets illuminate this for him.

Psychopathy is common in people with brain abnormalities, more specific; studies of psychopaths have shown significantly less activity in the anterior rostral prefrontal cortex and temporal poles than individuals with healthy brain activity. This means psychopaths lack functionality of the brain, some are quite literally emotionally retarded. We should treat them as such as they can be a danger to themselves and to others. They have less brain functionality than the average person.
3523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

amandagoesgrr wrote:

I don't understand how crying is considered "unseemly". I would think that laughing at a funeral would be the unseemly thing to do, Unless you were actually trying to cheer someone up by making them laugh, not because you think their ugly and red tear streaked face is ridiculous to look at.


Some people can cry and some people laugh because they can't cry. It's an uncomfortable situation to find yourself in so you laugh. As i said, it's a coping mechanism. You have to admit, people do not look pretty when they cry... they're often very ugly.
11509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
"Crying is a waste of emotion and unseemly."

Wat. How is crying unseemly in the relation to death? It's the first reaction most people have when someone close to them dies. Crying helps relieve stress and relaxes people afterwards so I don't see how it's a ' waste of emotion' when it's a commonly used coping mechanism.
3523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

Luvreichan wrote:

"Crying is a waste of emotion and unseemly."

Wat. How is crying unseemly in the relation to death? It's the first reaction most people have when someone close to them dies. Crying helps relieve stress and relaxes people afterwards so I don't see how it's a ' waste of emotion' when it's a commonly used coping mechanism.


It's unseemly to the viewer. I chose my words wrong when I said it's a "waste of emotion" you can't really waste emotions. You're right it's a much more common coping mechanism, I retract my statement and apologies. Bad choice of words.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.