First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Guilty Crown Dub Announced 8/27/13 [Funimation]
71792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/21/13

Insomnist wrote:

If people who like dubs like the dub that's really all that matters.

Shu's name is kind of unfortunate in this context, though.

"I want Shu to shoo, so I'm going to throw my shoe at Shu until he shoos."



I am easily amused.


SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! put on your shoes!!!
35191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/21/13
This might actually explain part of Shu's personality in English.

He's spent his entire life being called footwear. That'd give any impressionable kid a complex.
71792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/21/13
shoe... Shu (damn his name) had a good childhood he was the "leader" of his little gang even though it was him and gai *spoiler alert, i'm sure you have all seen the sub*

I wonder when he developed his shoe complex
23129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/21/13
God damn it I can't even bloody watch it. Why would they not even let Australians watch a fucking trailer for their shit? I can buy their blurays and dvds but I can't watch a trailer first? Sorry about the rant, but seriously, it's bloody ridiculous.
35191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/21/13 , edited 5/21/13

AnimeKami wrote:

shoe... Shu (damn his name) had a good childhood he was the "leader" of his little gang even though it was him and gai *spoiler alert, i'm sure you have all seen the sub*

I wonder when he developed his shoe complex

Honestly, I think I would've enjoyed Guilty Crown so much more if I'd read Lord of the Flies before it.

In retrospect I think that would've added significantly to the experience.


JakelRanger wrote:

God damn it I can't even bloody watch it. Why would they not even let Australians watch a fucking trailer for their shit? I can buy their blurays and dvds but I can't watch a trailer first? Sorry about the rant, but seriously, it's bloody ridiculous.

This is how I felt went Bandai first put GitS: Arise stuff on Youtube but region-locked it to Japan.
71792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/21/13

Insomnist wrote:


Honestly, I think I would've enjoyed Guilty Crown so much more if I'd read Lord of the Flies before it.

In retrospect I think that would've added significantly to the experience.


even better watch mugan ryvius, anime version of lord of the flies
35191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/21/13 , edited 5/21/13

AnimeKami wrote:


Insomnist wrote:


Honestly, I think I would've enjoyed Guilty Crown so much more if I'd read Lord of the Flies before it.

In retrospect I think that would've added significantly to the experience.

even better watch mugan ryvius, anime version of lord of the flies

Added to my plan to watch list. Among... many other things.

I don't think Guilty Crown was very similar to Lord of the Flies, really, but it's the kind of book that can inform opinions about all kinds of things. And I feel like Guilty Crown would've been one of them.
One Punch Mod
44464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 11/21/13
To keep the Forums tidy, closing threads that have been inactive for six months or more.

locked and closed
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.