First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Xbox One
16405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ロンドン、カナダ
Offline
Posted 6/8/13
^ Yeah, a big bag o' shit. All Sony has to do to win this thing is not follow Microsoft's example.
24579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/9/13
Even if Microsoft manages to pull itself out of the rut its dug itself. I still don't think I'm going to buy an Xbox One for the sole fact they would have the mindset to try something like this in the first place. Hopefully Sony won't make the same mistake.
50057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 6/9/13
What you guys aren't realizing is that it's not Microsoft choice. They stated that if they get the chance to and the games they do make themselves will be able to be traded and used normally like today but its not their choice when it comes to company's who create it. They lose a lot of money from stores like Gamestop, and Gamefly because they don't really gain any profit from used games ( if they gain any at all). So, if its not Microsoft's fault and it's the game companies, don't you think that Sony will be following the same thing. If they don't then Sony may lose games depending on the companies choice. Or I could be totally wrong who knows; Everyones questions will be answered at E3. All this commotion over the next gen systems makes me want to get a Gamecube again..
20517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 6/9/13
Not much of a gamer but if I buy a next-gen console I will solely buy it base on its graphics. Anyone knows which one provide the best graphic?
24579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/9/13

warpdrive wrote:

Not much of a gamer but if I buy a next-gen console I will solely buy it base on its graphics. Anyone knows which one provide the best graphic?


Well, PC.
But Playstation 4 will be the best for overall power regarding consoles.
Posted 6/9/13
I herd there will be free Xbox Live after the Xbox One is released
11209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/10/13

SaturdayAir wrote:

What you guys aren't realizing is that it's not Microsoft choice. They stated that if they get the chance to and the games they do make themselves will be able to be traded and used normally like today but its not their choice when it comes to company's who create it. They lose a lot of money from stores like Gamestop, and Gamefly because they don't really gain any profit from used games ( if they gain any at all). So, if its not Microsoft's fault and it's the game companies, don't you think that Sony will be following the same thing. If they don't then Sony may lose games depending on the companies choice. Or I could be totally wrong who knows; Everyones questions will be answered at E3. All this commotion over the next gen systems makes me want to get a Gamecube again..


Fuck that, right of first sale. I bought the game, it is mine. If I want to trade it in or give it away that is my choice. They make millions off of their sales even with the used game industry.
20084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
idk about other people...but i am not impressed by Xbox one's reveal (by the way im an avid xbox fan) they showed us too many shooters and nothing really that we havn't seen before (besides spark ). nothing really came out me and said "WOW i reallly HAVE to get an xbox to play that". also, microsoft did show up with a decent amount of exclusives..but nothing that REALLY caught my eye. Anyway it's still early and ps4 as yet to do there conference...and im sure more games will be announced leading up to the release....but as of now I AM NOT IMPRESSED.
58151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / PA.
Offline
Posted 6/10/13 , edited 6/10/13
And the Battlefield 4 fail with the crowd booing didn't help.

I think I might just sit out the next console generation. It's getting to be too much of a hassle...
9118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 6/10/13 , edited 6/10/13
After reading all the cons of having a Xbox One so far, I know I won't be buying one. Majority of my friends aren't as well. I'm most likely going with the PS4 if they don't screw things up with privacy, used games, etc. Not worrying about the Wii U, already have it. lol
animam 
17022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
I plan on getting the PS4 and the Xbox One. Judging by the fact that Sony has refused to give a straight answer on the PS4's ability to play used games I'm 99% sure that it is the exact same as the Xbox One. I also know that Microsoft probably wouldn't go down the route they are in regards to used games if Sony isn't doing the same. If only one of the two giants went down that route it would be suicide for their console and I'm sure they know it. However if both Sony and Microsoft do it then it won't drive customers to their competitor's product. The fact of the matter is the game industry is not sustainable as it currently is. This can be proven by the sheer number of great studios that close each year due to not having enough money. Something about the way games are sold has to change if the industry is going to survive.

I also don't mind the fact that the Xbox One is not a pure gaming machine. The fact of the matter is a pure gaming machine is not a sustainable model anymore. The only pure gaming machine right now is the PS3 and it is hemorrhaging money. If game consoles are to survive they have to be useful for more than just playing games.
Posted 6/10/13 , edited 6/10/13

animam wrote:

I plan on getting the PS4 and the Xbox One. Judging by the fact that Sony has refused to give a straight answer on the PS4's ability to play used games I'm 99% sure that it is the exact same as the Xbox One.


animam, here's your answer to your question.

IGN | E3 2013: PlayStation 4 Supports Used Games, Don't Require Online Connection
Joystiq | PlayStation 4 has 'no restrictions' on used games, no always-on connectivity
Youtube | Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video
The Youtube video made me laugh hahah
95166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
and we have a winner.

PS4 for me
(assuming I ever actually upgrade from my current PS3 which honestly I'm quite happy with right now)
22064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 6/11/13

Deadnecktrooper wrote:

After reading all the cons of having a Xbox One so far, I know I won't be buying one. Majority of my friends aren't as well. I'm most likely going with the PS4 if they don't screw things up with privacy, used games, etc. Not worrying about the Wii U, already have it. lol


Well put your fears to rest because Sony had delivered
Banned
1789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/11/13
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I'm getting ps4 & wii U!!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.