First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Abercrombie and Fitch refuses cloth sizes?
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
my waist size is 29-30 I can find pants my size at Abercrombie as well as shirts so I have gone there for polo shirts and jeans. It's nice to have a store that caters to fit slim people and not fat people.
7161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

Morbidhanson wrote:


Atheyon wrote:


Gettnlag wrote:

why would you want to shop there anyways? it smells like someone exploded hundreds of bottles of perfume and the cheapest clothing in the store is still 60 bucks overpriced.


Target has best clothes!


Target's just alright, haha. Their clothes tend to wear or otherwise deteriorate after a few washes and the sizes can be a bit funky for me. It's a nice place to buy socks and stuff, though.


oh I don't know about that. The target I shop at has these amazing long sleeve shirts. Their blacks and dark blues haven't faded, their reds are still pretty close to the original, and this is after about 8 months of use.
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

Atheyon wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:


Atheyon wrote:


Gettnlag wrote:

why would you want to shop there anyways? it smells like someone exploded hundreds of bottles of perfume and the cheapest clothing in the store is still 60 bucks overpriced.


Target has best clothes!


Target's just alright, haha. Their clothes tend to wear or otherwise deteriorate after a few washes and the sizes can be a bit funky for me. It's a nice place to buy socks and stuff, though.


oh I don't know about that. The target I shop at has these amazing long sleeve shirts. Their blacks and dark blues haven't faded, their reds are still pretty close to the original, and this is after about 8 months of use.


Maybe it's my old, rough washing machine lol
14498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

Morbidhanson wrote:


Atheyon wrote:


Gettnlag wrote:

why would you want to shop there anyways? it smells like someone exploded hundreds of bottles of perfume and the cheapest clothing in the store is still 60 bucks overpriced.


Target has best clothes!


Target's just alright, haha. Their clothes tend to wear or otherwise deteriorate after a few washes and the sizes can be a bit funky for me. It's a nice place to buy socks and stuff, though.


I still have shirts that were only 8 bucks when I bought them from when I was in highschool. They still look just fine, sure a bit faded but eh it still works
11618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
They can do what ever the hell they want too.
23208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
They can do whatever they want, but I definitely don't agree with it. And no way would I ever shop there when they say/do things like you mentioned. Besides in my opinion they're clothing just looks like more expensive versions of stuff you can buy at Old Navy, you're just paying for the name brand.
33625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / ~outside your win...
Offline
Posted 5/22/13 , edited 5/22/13
Thoughts: this doesn't really concern me or effects my daily life
Agreement?: I don't really care... FOR GOD SAKE JUST SHOP AT WALMART!!
Shopping?: yes, I shop there I really don't have a problem with finding my size and I will definitely currently shop there, no further questions
7161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

ismel_123 wrote:

Thoughts: this doesn't really concern me or effects my daily life
Agreement?: I don't really care... FOR GOD SAKE JUST SHOP AT WALMART!!
Shopping?: yes, I shop there I really don't have a problem with finding my size and I will definitely currently shop there, no further questions


Yes, cheap clothes are good clothes also, affect*
4761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
It also bothers me how I've only seen Caucasian people working there. And they're pretty stuck-up and unfriendly. I once read an article where A&F hired someone with no experience over someone with experience simply because they were "more attractive."

I do agree that it used to be seen as a "cool" brand, but that was only when I was in middle school. No one wore Abercrombie and Fitch in high school nor in college.

I buy Abercrombie clothes for my cousins in Japan, but I hate going in the store. It's usually empty anyways.

3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

TheRealEscargotpudding wrote:

It also bothers me how I've only seen Caucasian people working there. And they're pretty stuck-up and unfriendly. I once read an article where A&F hired someone with no experience over someone with experience simply because they were "more attractive."

I do agree that it used to be seen as a "cool" brand, but that was only when I was in middle school. No one wore Abercrombie and Fitch in high school nor in college.

I buy Abercrombie clothes for my cousins in Japan, but I hate going in the store. It's usually empty anyways.



I live in South Florida, most of the employees are hispanic or black. It's really going to depend on your location.
39825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
Who cares what size ranges they choose to produce their boring clothing? Not me, but I do really like how they offered to pay "The Situation" from Jersey shore a bunch of money to STOP wearing their clothes on television. I wish they'd offer me the same sweet deal, but I suppose that you have to be a national embarrassment before you get stuff like that thrown your way.
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/08/16/abercrombie-and-fitch-offer-to-pay-the-situation-to-stop-wearing-their-clothes/
Posted 5/22/13
I have the opposite problem; the clothes stores here don't sell things small enough for me...

I'm forced to shop in the teenagers' stores all the time. Those clothes fit me very well.

My point is, in life, you have to compromise, it isn't all fair and square and love and wars. etc.
28724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
He's an asshole.
46657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
Pretty sure people stopped wearing A&F circa 2005ish. I have seen some of their shirts on homeless people around town though, that's about it. Couldnt pay me to wear an A&F shirt, I hate any clothing that has huge stupid logos on it. They arent paying me to walk around like a fucking billboard.
598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
I'm not sure how they're supposed to keep fat people from wearing their brand...

- buy the item (tell them it's for your cousin or something).
- take the item to a tailor to be resized.
- wear the resized item.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.