First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Abercrombie and Fitch refuses cloth sizes?
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/23/13 , edited 5/23/13

spacebat wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

Well, it's bad news for me, because I'm two sizes too big for their clothes; however, I don't buy clothing from them to begin with, so I won't actually be affected. On the other hand, their sizing preferences is great news for my little sister. She's usually forced to buy from the kid and young teenage sections, due to how tiny she is. She's 5'2" and size 0 (84 lbs), but it's purely due to genetics and her not working out. She inherited a high metabolism and inability to store much body fat from our pappy on our mother's side, and she's always been a wimp. Therefore, at Ambercrombee and Fitch, she'd be able to find adult clothing that fits her. Ironically, though, even if she weren't a 17 year-old with a lack of funds, she'd be too cheap to ever by from those types of pricey stores.


Not sure where people are getting the priceyness from. I find pants my size in clearance for $14. They're just catering to slimmer people. Why is this an issue?


I never said that it was an issue that they cater to slimmer people. What gave you that idea? As for the prices, I just went to the Ambercombie and Fitch website and saw a pair of pants that sells for $68. My sister and I refuse to pay those kinds of prices when we can go to Sears and JCPenny and purchase jeans for under $24.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/23/13

aeb0717 wrote:


I never said that it was an issue that they cater to slimmer people. What gave you that idea? As for the prices, I just went to the Ambercombie and saw a pair of pants that sells for $68. My sister and I refuse to pay those kinds of prices when I we can go to Sears and JCPenny and purchase Levis jeans for under $24.


Did you check in their clearance section? It's very easy to find cheap clothing for slim people there. Jcpenny and Sears run waist sizes 32-above in store, they cater to much larger people...
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/23/13

spacebat wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:


I never said that it was an issue that they cater to slimmer people. What gave you that idea? As for the prices, I just went to the Ambercombie and saw a pair of pants that sells for $68. My sister and I refuse to pay those kinds of prices when I we can go to Sears and JCPenny and purchase Levis jeans for under $24.


Did you check in their clearance section? It's very easy to find cheap clothing for slim people there. Jcpenny and Sears run waist sizes 32-above in store, they cater to much larger people...


The prices are significantly better, but the closest store is about 2 hours away from where we live. It's not worth the drive, and it's not worth making an online account for.
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
People need to chill out when insulting others who wear A&F's clothes, everyone's getting so defensive and uptight about their "fashion sense."

Good for you, you claim to have all the good fashion sense you think you have. *clap clap* Congrats. Woohoo! You wear things differently! Congratulations. I'm glad you have something to feel special about in your life.

Anyways, it is true that lots of prepsters wear things like this, Aeropostale, and American Eagle, but you're just being an asshole like the CEO (maybe not as big of one as him) when you insult other people for what they wear. So, please stop being a hypocrite and just care about what you look like. I have clothes from Hollister and Abercrombie, but I also wear stuff from Target, Spencer's, Hot Topic, and even from places like Giorgio Armani. Also, their age group target is around 18-22, so what they're trying to sell and their motive for this is pretty obvious.

To add to what I said earlier, I think the CEO should not have said anything like that. Even though an elaborate message that says A&F won't produce clothing sizes for big people is still offensive, he REALLY got way too pompous and dumb there. Do I think that the company will even be really affected by this? No. I don't know why the hell he even mentioned the words "cool" and "popular".. that was so stupid. You also don't need lots of friends to shop there..

I don't think I'll ever shop at an A&F store again. I know I said that I would in the past, but after wearing my Hollister/Abercrombie shirts nowadays, I can't seem to fit them (that's the only stuff I bought there). Their XL is like a medium for me in a regular shirt, my arms are like constricted by the sleeves, and it's too tight around the chest. I enjoyed wearing Hollister/Abercrombie when I was 16-17'ish, but man.. They support really small people (I'm 225 lbs / 6'4 / 7% bodyfat - worst combos for these types of clothing).
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/23/13 , edited 5/23/13


Oh, well if you have to go out of your way, then it's certainly not worth going out of your way for. I'm just trying to figure out the distaste people have for abercrombie... it's just clothes.
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/23/13

spacebat wrote:



Oh, well if you have to go out of your way, then it's certainly not worth going out of your way for. I'm just trying to figure out the distaste people have for abercrombie... it's just clothes.


You didn't quite pick the right person to talk to if you wanted to figure out the distaste, then. Other than me not liking Abercrombie's CEO and the non-clearance prices, I'm not particularly concerned. I'm so unused to talking about Abercrombie & Fitch that I keep mispelling the name!
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 5/23/13

aeb0717 wrote:

Well, it's bad news for me, because I'm two sizes too big for their clothes; however, I don't buy clothing from them to begin with, so I won't actually be affected. On the other hand, their sizing preferences is great news for my little sister. She's usually forced to buy from the kid and young teenage sections, due to how tiny she is. She's 5'2" and size 0 (84 lbs), but it's purely due to genetics and her not working out. She inherited a high metabolism and inability to store much body fat from our pappy on our mother's side, and she's always been a wimp. Therefore, at Ambercrombee and Fitch, she'd be able to find adult clothing that fits her. Ironically, though, even if she weren't a 17 year-old with a lack of funds, she'd be too cheap to ever by from those types of pricey stores.


See that's okay. If they cater to smaller people who are like your sister then it's fine. But it's not okay when the reason is that the CEO is saying anyone above a size 10 is not pretty/beautiful, is fat and saying only cool kids can only wear their clothing. Like me, I wear a size 12 but I am far from fat, I'm 6'0 and 160lbs., Am I fat? No, I'm not. If a store wants to sell smaller size clothes thats fine but if it's a reson like that then that is not okay.
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
Oh yea! My teacher told us this and we were raging like hell esp me.

Thoughts - I'm thinking of a law suit or something like that.
Do you agree with this? - HELL NO!!!
Will I ever shop there again ...... - I don't and I don't plan to.
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/23/13

Dropplet wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

Well, it's bad news for me, because I'm two sizes too big for their clothes; however, I don't buy clothing from them to begin with, so I won't actually be affected. On the other hand, their sizing preferences is great news for my little sister. She's usually forced to buy from the kid and young teenage sections, due to how tiny she is. She's 5'2" and size 0 (84 lbs), but it's purely due to genetics and her not working out. She inherited a high metabolism and inability to store much body fat from our pappy on our mother's side, and she's always been a wimp. Therefore, at Ambercrombee and Fitch, she'd be able to find adult clothing that fits her. Ironically, though, even if she weren't a 17 year-old with a lack of funds, she'd be too cheap to ever by from those types of pricey stores.


See that's okay. If they cater to smaller people who are like your sister then it's fine. But it's not okay when the reason is that the CEO is saying anyone above a size 10 is not pretty/beautiful, is fat and saying only cool kids can only wear their clothing. Like me, I wear a size 12 but I am far from fat, I'm 6'0 and 160lbs., Am I fat? No, I'm not. If a store wants to sell smaller size clothes thats fine but if it's a reson like that then that is not okay.


I feel the same. I saw that the CEO's shallow nature is repeatedly being discussed, so I didn't want to rehash what's already been covered several times over.
33625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / ~outside your win...
Offline
Posted 5/23/13

aeb0717 wrote:


spacebat wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

Well, it's bad news for me, because I'm two sizes too big for their clothes; however, I don't buy clothing from them to begin with, so I won't actually be affected. On the other hand, their sizing preferences is great news for my little sister. She's usually forced to buy from the kid and young teenage sections, due to how tiny she is. She's 5'2" and size 0 (84 lbs), but it's purely due to genetics and her not working out. She inherited a high metabolism and inability to store much body fat from our pappy on our mother's side, and she's always been a wimp. Therefore, at Ambercrombee and Fitch, she'd be able to find adult clothing that fits her. Ironically, though, even if she weren't a 17 year-old with a lack of funds, she'd be too cheap to ever by from those types of pricey stores.


Not sure where people are getting the priceyness from. I find pants my size in clearance for $14. They're just catering to slimmer people. Why is this an issue?


I never said that it was an issue that they cater to slimmer people. What gave you that idea? As for the prices, I just went to the Ambercombie and Fitch website and saw a pair of pants that sells for $68. My sister and I refuse to pay those kinds of prices when we can go to Sears and JCPenny and purchase jeans for under $24.


Your sister and i are the same size and height. I recommend Abercrombie Kids is cheaper than Abercrombie and Fitch, The pair of pants im wearing right now is from Abercrombie Kids, I bought it for 35 dollars on sale
46300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / New Orleans
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
They can sell to whoever they want, they cannot, however discriminate on who they hire based on how they look, if that was the case, this guy http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/04/21/texas-man-settles-discrimination-lawsuit-against-hooters-for-not-hiring-male/ wouldn't have won his settlement against Hooters.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
I will definitely say that some of their jeans have virtually no crotch space, I'm not a Ken doll, my wilderberries need room to breath too. As for the CEO he seems like a douchebag. But so did Steve Jobs and I still bought an ipad.
27151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 5/23/13

Mayo2111 wrote:

I read about this a little while back. While I have to agree that it is their store, their clothing, so they can run it as they please, insulting most people in the world is hardly a good way to make any money. I am not saying everyone is ugly. Rather that most people, even those with exceptional looks, often feel inadequate. Chances are even some really nice looking people will feel slighted by this so they will choose to spend their money elsewhere.

Oh, and speaking of ugly people (This is me turning 12 again), this picture of the Abercrombie and Fitch CEO speaks volumes.



LOL.

After I've seen this, I have no respect for A&F. Not that I ever did, however. I don't even feel bad for making fun of his ugliness because of his smug-ass remark and nasty attitude.

I could care less though as I have never shopped there. I usually go for band tees or nice gentlemen's clothes from Express. Although my ex-GF did get a sweater from there (didn't like it too much).
47233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / South Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
Awesome, I know what I'm wearing this summer!
724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Madrid, Spain
Offline
Posted 5/23/13
He can do whatever he wants its his business lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.