First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Literature
Posted 5/25/13
It was great, I read it in highschool. Helped put one or two priorities in order. =P But you know how it is in high school.

- Also, the Life of Pi was indeed wonderful.
Posted 5/25/13

ATest wrote:

It was great, I read it in highschool. Helped put one or two priorities in order. =P But you know how it is in high school.

- Also, the Life of Pi was indeed wonderful.


True, I'm a high school student right now and it certainly made me think of what I was doing with my life. xD
What kind of books do you read?
Posted 5/25/13



True, I'm a high school student right now and it certainly made me think of what I was doing with my life. xD
What kind of books do you read?


Hehe, it didn't end up helping me directly as I had to re-re-evaluate my life in university, but that was a very benign change from engineering to research. So I guess I can't complain. XD

Also, recently, been very much into the german military philosophies from 16th to 19th century. Certainly helps me keep my german skills sharpned. XD What about you?
The Zombie
24264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ireland
Offline
Posted 5/25/13 , edited 5/25/13

ATest wrote:




True, I'm a high school student right now and it certainly made me think of what I was doing with my life. xD
What kind of books do you read?


Hehe, it didn't end up helping me directly as I had to re-re-evaluate my life in university, but that was a very benign change from engineering to research. So I guess I can't complain. XD

Also, recently, been very much into the german military philosophies from 16th to 19th century. Certainly helps me keep my german skills sharpned. XD What about you?


What are you training to research and I assume you have studied "on war by Carl Von Clausewitz"
Posted 5/25/13

ATest wrote:
Hehe, it didn't end up helping me directly as I had to re-re-evaluate my life in university, but that was a very benign change from engineering to research. So I guess I can't complain. XD

Also, recently, been very much into the german military philosophies from 16th to 19th century. Certainly helps me keep my german skills sharpned. XD What about you?


I read pretty much anything I can get my hands on. I'm new to philosophies so I'm afraid that I'm not the person you should discuss that with xD

I've been really interested with education though.
Posted 5/25/13

99android777 wrote:

Hehe, it didn't end up helping me directly as I had to re-re-evaluate my life in university, but that was a very benign change from engineering to research. So I guess I can't complain. XD

Also, recently, been very much into the german military philosophies from 16th to 19th century. Certainly helps me keep my german skills sharpned. XD What about you?


What are you training to research and I assume you have studied "on war by Carl Von Clausewitz"

I'm doing neurodegeneration, Parkinson's disease etc.
And yes, I have read it cover to cover, twice. - Very fascinating, from the words you can actually sometimes find the spirit of the German people.
Posted 5/25/13 , edited 5/25/13

serei28 wrote:


ATest wrote:
Hehe, it didn't end up helping me directly as I had to re-re-evaluate my life in university, but that was a very benign change from engineering to research. So I guess I can't complain. XD

Also, recently, been very much into the german military philosophies from 16th to 19th century. Certainly helps me keep my german skills sharpned. XD What about you?


I read pretty much anything I can get my hands on. I'm new to philosophies so I'm afraid that I'm not the person you should discuss that with xD

I've been really interested with education though.


Anything you can get your hands on? In english only? hehe, =P I'm not too into philosophy personally, no worries.
Moderator
hmm_4x 
27922 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/25/13
Favorite book i've read is 1984
The Zombie
24264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ireland
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

hmm_4x wrote:

Favorite book i've read is 1984


Another book I really need to get.
Posted 5/25/13

hmm_4x wrote:

Favorite book i've read is 1984


War is peace after all.
Moderator
hmm_4x 
27922 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

99android777 wrote:


hmm_4x wrote:

Favorite book i've read is 1984


Another book I really need to get.


"Big Brother is always watching"
Posted 5/25/13

ATest wrote:
Anything you can get your hands on? In english only? hehe, =P I'm not too into philosophy personally, no worries.


I can understand a few other foreign languages xD I prefer reading in English though.
The Zombie
24264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ireland
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

serei28 wrote:


ATest wrote:
Anything you can get your hands on? In english only? hehe, =P I'm not too into philosophy personally, no worries.


I can understand a few other foreign languages xD I prefer reading in English though.


Which Languages do you speak?
Posted 5/25/13

hmm_4x wrote:

Favorite book i've read is 1984


What did you think of it?
And I thought you don't read books lmao.
The Zombie
24264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ireland
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

hmm_4x wrote:


99android777 wrote:


hmm_4x wrote:

Favorite book i've read is 1984


Another book I really need to get.


"Big Brother is always watching"


That is the reason I want to read it, it seems to be a book which has predicted the future.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.