First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Literature
Posted 5/25/13

serei28 wrote:


ATest wrote:
Anything you can get your hands on? In english only? hehe, =P I'm not too into philosophy personally, no worries.


I can understand a few other foreign languages xD I prefer reading in English though.


Sometimes I find English to be ... overbearing. XD It's so ... fluffy.
Posted 5/25/13

ATest wrote:
Sometimes I find English to be ... overbearing. XD It's so ... fluffy.


True xD There are some people who do tend to go overboard in their writings.
Moderator
hmm_4x 
27922 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

serei28 wrote:


hmm_4x wrote:

Favorite book i've read is 1984


What did you think of it?
And I thought you don't read books lmao.


English class, and since its one of the few I've read. It's my favorite <3
Posted 5/25/13

serei28 wrote:


ATest wrote:
Sometimes I find English to be ... overbearing. XD It's so ... fluffy.


True xD There are some people who do tend to go overboard in their writings.


Don't get me wrong, nothing bad about some adjectives. ... but wow. XD

- And you guys are lucky ... we got some really really crappy choices in english class.
Posted 5/25/13

ATest wrote:
Don't get me wrong, nothing bad about some adjectives. ... but wow. XD

- And you guys are lucky ... we got some really really crappy choices in english class.


We don't do much in English class.
My teacher lets me sleep though, so I guess it's fine xD
Posted 5/25/13

hmm_4x wrote:
English class, and since its one of the few I've read. It's my favorite <3


I'll go look for it the next time I go to the library then.
Oh and speaking of library, I have many overdue books xD
Posted 5/25/13

serei28 wrote:


ATest wrote:
Don't get me wrong, nothing bad about some adjectives. ... but wow. XD

- And you guys are lucky ... we got some really really crappy choices in english class.


We don't do much in English class.
My teacher lets me sleep though, so I guess it's fine xD


Hehe, just don't be like me and cause unending trouble in the school because of boredom... that would be totally terrible and stuff! XD

I remember one english class, the teacher didn't want to teach, so I took my class out on a picnic in the back field ... and other classes started joining us. That was a huge mess. XD
Posted 5/25/13

ATest wrote:
Hehe, just don't be like me and cause unending trouble in the school because of boredom... that would be totally terrible and stuff! XD

I remember one english class, the teacher didn't want to teach, so I took my class out on a picnic in the back field ... and other classes started joining us. That was a huge mess. XD


And you're going for a PhD? Wow.
Posted 5/25/13

serei28 wrote:


ATest wrote:
Hehe, just don't be like me and cause unending trouble in the school because of boredom... that would be totally terrible and stuff! XD

I remember one english class, the teacher didn't want to teach, so I took my class out on a picnic in the back field ... and other classes started joining us. That was a huge mess. XD


And you're going for a PhD? Wow.


Why not? =P Shows I have creativity!
The Zombie
24264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ireland
Offline
Posted 5/25/13 , edited 5/25/13
Guys could we stay on topic please, we made a general discussion Thread for anybody who wants to go off topic, thanks :)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Brainiacs_escape#s=/group/Brainiacs_escape/forum%3Fextra_param%3D804677%26page%3D0
Posted 5/25/13
Sorry about that. Back to Orwel.

"All Animals are equal, some are more equal than others." - When I first read this phrase, it made me shudder for some reason. Almost like it jumped out of the page at me and slapped me in the face. XD Though in hindsight, probably should have seen it coming.
The Zombie
24264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ireland
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

ATest wrote:

Sorry about that. Back to Orwel.

"All Animals are equal, some are more equal than others." - When I first read this phrase, it made me shudder for some reason. Almost like it jumped out of the page at me and slapped me in the face. XD Though in hindsight, probably should have seen it coming.


Ah animal farm, A great piece of literature.
Posted 5/25/13
I wonder though, if Orwel wasn't overly critical in both books, given that he was basing it all on the British socialists.
The Zombie
24264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ireland
Offline
Posted 5/25/13

ATest wrote:

I wonder though, if Orwel wasn't overly critical in both books, given that he was basing it all on the British socialists.


British Socialism is not a topic I have looked into yet. I must do some research on it.
Posted 5/25/13

99android777 wrote:

British Socialism is not a topic I have looked into yet. I must do some research on it.


In summary - unionization and worker strike. XD It's an interesting read on the power of unions in the hands of ... silly people. - Night!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.