First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Post Reply Free! Discussion Thread - Season 1 & 2!!
38560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13

AnimeKami wrote:

So... How was episode one? Some of us regular users can't enjoy this anime quite yet.

Without knowing exactly what you like I think you might enjoy it. The art is great, the soundtrack jarred me once but is decent from what I noticed, the characters are solid (if somewhat stereotypical) and the plot is promising (albeit formulaic). The fanservice seemed more concentrated than Kuroko's Basketball, but it's easily played for laughs.

I had a stupid grin on my face for most of it, and it was easily more entertaining than most of the episodes from spring. Not in a particularly deep way, just like "haha this is fun." And the guys reminded me of people I know, which is (consciously) practically a first for an anime, really. Usually anime antics don't seem like actual people antics to me.

I just hope we see the girls in swimsuits at some point; Kou would be striking one a racing-striped one-piece.
12364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Aincrad Floor 61
Offline
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13
Well, the production value on this show is really high. Excellent art and animation I think.

38560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13

Stewker wrote:

Well, the production value on this show is really high. Excellent art and animation I think.


24072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13
OMG BECKY THAT WAS SOOOO HAWT!!!
Anyway was a pretty decent first episode, cringed quite a bit but i can handle it.
The blond kid needs to be watched tho and -chan!?!?!
One Punch Mod
47831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13

tcfenstermaker wrote:


lorreen wrote:
9.2 Avoid Posting Multiple Images
Not everyone has high speed internet, therefore, do put a note before submitting a new thread that is image intensive. It would also be wise to limit the number of pictures per post to 2 and refrain from posting a lot of pictures in one post. This does not mean you can double or triple post right after wards with 2 more images per post. If you must put a lot of images in a post, try linking to the url instead of embedding the image with the IMG tags.

This "guide" seems like it was copy-n-pasted from a message board set-up in 2001. I mean, I don't really care, especially about this show, but, this just looks like a solution looking for a problem. It seems absurd that a video streaming site is suddenly worried about accommodating people with limited bandwidth. If someone can't handle more than two screen-shots, then chances are they're not streaming your 1080p, are they? Or even your SD. So why worry about it, and just let people have fun.


Well, if everyone posted 2 images per post, and there are, I believe, 20 posts displayed per page--that adds up to a lot (and I have seen threads where practically every post on a page contained images). Personally, bandwidth issue aside, I find the scrolling necessary to get through a page where folks have posted tons and tons of images to be unpleasant. It's about respect for all users and making sure everyone can have fun. Also, while picture are nice, we also want to encourage discussion--that can get lost in a sea of images. I hope you can have fun even with a slightly reduced flow of lovely boy pics.

That said, I don't make the rules, and a good place to share your feedback about them is over in the Help forums in Suggestions / Feedback.



8 pm. I'm still at work. I want to watch Free! instead. Sigh.

Springtime Moderator
Sukigu 
17461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Portugal
Offline
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13
I liked this first episode! ^^;

You could really see they were trying to fit in as much fujoshi bait as they could. I also hope Rin (look at those shark teeth, omg) doesn't stay like that for the rest of the show; I just want them all to be friends like good ol' days!

The ending sequence was really nice too, both the visuals and the song. I'm excited for the next episodes!
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13

Insomnist wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

So... How was episode one? Some of us regular users can't enjoy this anime quite yet.

Without knowing exactly what you like I think you might enjoy it. The art is great, the soundtrack jarred me once but is decent from what I noticed, the characters are solid (if somewhat stereotypical) and the plot is promising (albeit formulaic). The fanservice seemed more concentrated than Kuroko's Basketball, but it's easily played for laughs.

I had a stupid grin on my face for most of it, and it was easily more entertaining than most of the episodes from spring. Not in a particularly deep way, just like "haha this is fun." And the guys reminded me of people I know, which is (consciously) practically a first for an anime, really. Usually anime antics don't seem like actual people antics to me.

I just hope we see the girls in swimsuits at some point; Kou would be striking one a racing-striped one-piece.


I hope we don't, IMO.
This show is aimed at women so hopefully they'll keep any fanservice to men away.
I don't have a problem with fanservice geared towards men, but women finally get an anime and just.
For once they deserve something to themselves.
They deserve to just have their fun and be completely catered to.
There are many shows that cater just to men and only men so.
Justone.
Justoneforgirlsandpeoplewholikethissortofstuffwouldbewonderful.


stark700 wrote:

A friend of mine made this but LOL:


*saved*
bless your friend
20203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 7/3/13
What I am really wondering after the first ep is whether they are actually going for yaoi or if all of the male characters will remain "just friends". I don't mind either way, but sometimes anime "bro love" (male friendship) is taken to such extremes that I would rather they just start dating already... Does anyone agree with me here??

Now, what did Rin show Haru after winning the relay?? (Mind in gutter)

Basically I couldn't stop grinning the entire episode! Seriously, how many times will Haru strip per ep? (Predictions? Shall we start a betting pool?)
9248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 7/3/13
Skinny dipping :D
Stupid water in the way
20380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/13
OP is amazing 10/10 now excuse me while i make gifs of this ep while enjoying the bitch fest from other forums.
9248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

_Immanence_ wrote:

OP is amazing 10/10 now excuse me while i make gifs of this ep while enjoying the bitch fest from other forums.


Post them in this thread please xD
20380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

Des85 wrote:


_Immanence_ wrote:

OP is amazing 10/10 now excuse me while i make gifs of this ep while enjoying the bitch fest from other forums.


Post them in this thread please xD


I will =v and if anyone wants a "cr uploadable size" just request, even though gifs rarely load for cr anymore...

Posted 7/3/13

Des85 wrote:


_Immanence_ wrote:

OP is amazing 10/10 now excuse me while i make gifs of this ep while enjoying the bitch fest from other forums.


Post them in this thread please xD


have these two


79244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/3/13
So... is the thread title going to be changed???

One Punch Mod
47831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13

AnimeKami wrote:

So... is the thread title going to be changed???


It could be, but it's not all that unsuitable as is. It does say Discussion and anticipation. and who, who cares about Free!, doesn't know that anticipation time is over, and post-anticipation discussion can begin.

If anyone seems confused, or if chrome asks to have it changed, I'll do that.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.