First  Prev  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  Next  Last
Post Reply Free! Discussion Thread - Season 1 & 2!!
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

CarboKill wrote:

If you don't enjoy ogling cartoons because you're actually a decent human being, you probably won't enjoy this.

And I hated Highschool of the Dead, so fuck you.



Bleach got cancelled a long time ago.
Move on with your life. Stop hating on highly successful anime.


Posted 7/24/13

CarboKill wrote:

If you don't enjoy ogling cartoons because you're actually a decent human being, you probably won't enjoy this.

And I hated Highschool of the Dead, so fuck you.


More like, if you don't like Slice of Life you won't enjoy this.

Go complain somewhere else.
Banned
33175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

chrome_mist wrote:



Bleach got cancelled a long time ago.
Move on with your life. Stop hating on highly successful anime.




I really don't take TV shows that seriously.




FameMonster wrote:



Go complain somewhere else.


Nowhere better to complain than the thread of the show itself, LOL.
5129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

CarboKill wrote:

If you don't enjoy ogling cartoons because you're actually a decent human being, you probably won't enjoy this.

And I hated Highschool of the Dead, so fuck you.


Wait, so if I get this right, you're saying this is just like High School of the Dead?

Damn, I must be watching this anime wrong. How did I miss all of the ball jiggle physics, the guys all groping each other in a bathtub, and loving camera pans over their junk?
Banned
33175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 7/24/13 , edited 7/24/13

KezzieZ wrote:


Wait, so if I get this right, you're saying this is just like High School of the Dead?


I'm afraid you didn't get it right, dear.

I presumed that Highschool of the Dead was the counter-argument to moronic guys who complain about this type of fan service, and then glorify bouncing titties everywhere.
5129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/24/13 , edited 7/24/13

CarboKill wrote:


KezzieZ wrote:


Wait, so if I get this right, you're saying this is just like High School of the Dead?


I'm afraid you didn't get it right, dear.

I presumed that Highschool of the Dead was the counter-argument to moronic guys who complain about this type of fan service, and then glorify bouncing titties everywhere.


I haven't seen anyone genuinely use that one as an comparison for it and, honestly, it wouldn't work regardless.

This show actually hasn't been all that fanservice-y, at least from my angle. I mean, guys go shirtless all the time and a majority of these guys don't even wear speedos. Mostly, this show just seems like a sports rivalry show with a little shipping fodder and occasional fanservice through the eyes of Gou/Kou with those sparkly pans that last for like 5 seconds.
75312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/24/13 , edited 7/24/13

KezzieZ wrote:


CarboKill wrote:


KezzieZ wrote:


Wait, so if I get this right, you're saying this is just like High School of the Dead?


I'm afraid you didn't get it right, dear.

I presumed that Highschool of the Dead was the counter-argument to moronic guys who complain about this type of fan service, and then glorify bouncing titties everywhere.


I haven't seen anyone genuinely use that one as an comparison for it and, honestly, it wouldn't work regardless.

This show actually hasn't been all that fanservice-y, at least from my angle. I mean, guys go shirtless all the time and a majority of these guys don't even wear speedos. Mostly, this show just seems like a sports rivalry show with a little shipping fodder and occasional fanservice through the eyes of Gou/Kou with those sparkly pans that last for like 5 seconds.


fanservice 101 just saying...

for the sake of the argument, it is about sports and with all sports there is: hardship, friendship, and competition. So the sport is swimming.

If one of the Free! guys takes off his shirt other than to swim, or take a bath (in his home) it is fanservice.

Now for you flamers, the other side would be: platonic hearts, also an anime about martial arts. If a girl can throw a punch so hard that it just specifically rips off a piece of clothing which exposes her breast that is also fanservice. Since the anime is about regular martial arts not super powered.
5129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

AnimeKami wrote:


KezzieZ wrote:



I haven't seen anyone genuinely use that one as an comparison for it and, honestly, it wouldn't work regardless.

This show actually hasn't been all that fanservice-y, at least from my angle. I mean, guys go shirtless all the time and a majority of these guys don't even wear speedos. Mostly, this show just seems like a sports rivalry show with a little shipping fodder and occasional fanservice through the eyes of Gou/Kou with those sparkly pans that last for like 5 seconds.


fanservice 101 just saying...



How so? I'm saying guys in real life go shirtless plenty; particularly at, you know, pools? When they're swimming?
Banned
33175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 7/24/13 , edited 7/24/13

KezzieZ wrote:


I haven't seen anyone genuinely use that one as an comparison for it and, honestly, it wouldn't work regardless.

This show actually hasn't been all that fanservice-y, at least from my angle. I mean, guys go shirtless all the time and a majority of these guys don't even wear speedos. Mostly, this show just seems like a sports rivalry show with a little shipping fodder and occasional fanservice through the eyes of Gou/Kou with those sparkly pans that last for like 5 seconds.


And there you have it. I began watching it with an open mind, but just didn't enjoy the plot. Imo it's bland, but if I was one of those [disrespectful word deleted] who enjoys fan-service, i'd probably love it. Because I've gone gay for blokes before. It's just, they were real. x) Or AT LEAST 3D.
5129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/24/13 , edited 7/24/13

CarboKill wrote:


KezzieZ wrote:


I haven't seen anyone genuinely use that one as an comparison for it and, honestly, it wouldn't work regardless.

This show actually hasn't been all that fanservice-y, at least from my angle. I mean, guys go shirtless all the time and a majority of these guys don't even wear speedos. Mostly, this show just seems like a sports rivalry show with a little shipping fodder and occasional fanservice through the eyes of Gou/Kou with those sparkly pans that last for like 5 seconds.


And there you have it. I began watching it with an open mind, but just didn't enjoy the plot. Imo it's bland, but if I was one of those [disrepectful word deleted] who enjoys fan-service, i'd probably love it. Because I've gone gay for blokes before. It's just, they were real. x) Or AT LEAST 3D.


To be honest, I don't really care about fanservice. I've been enjoying how ridiculous the characters are, particularly Rei.

I'm not sure why you bring up fanservice like that's literally the only thing in the show and the only reason people can watch a show. I've even seen some people around on the forums that like High School of the Dead, but bemoan the fanservice since that gives it a narrower range of appeal. Personally, I found how over the top it all was to be kind of hilarious, particularly the physics-breaking scene where the swordwoman's breasts individually dodged a bullet; it's impossible for them to move that fast and I just laughed at the stupidity of it.

Regardless, I don't see what's the point for hating on people that might like the fanservice or calling them "cunts" for it.
Banned
33175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

KezzieZ wrote:



Regardless, I don't see what's the point for hating on people that might like the fanservice or calling them "cunts" for it.


I'll tell you the point, then. It's that I don't like it, enough so that I feel like doing that. What's the point of hating on me for doing that? Well, that's a strong word. How about dislike, instead? It's the same reason, anyways.
5129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

CarboKill wrote:


KezzieZ wrote:



Regardless, I don't see what's the point for hating on people that might like the fanservice or calling them "cunts" for it.


I'll tell you the point, then. It's that I don't like it, enough so that I feel like doing that. What's the point of hating on me for doing that? Well, that's a strong word. How about dislike, instead? It's the same reason, anyways.


I'm not hating you on it, I'm just having a discussion on it. I assume the reason why you posted on the topic was to get your opinion out, right?
Banned
33175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

KezzieZ wrote:


I'm not hating you on it, I'm just having a discussion on it. I assume the reason why you posted on the topic was to get your opinion out, right?


That's why I said dislike instead, I mean, obviously there's going to be motivation for any debate. And yeah lol, that's why I posted.
75312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/24/13
The mass hate on Free! due to it's lack of boobs and its fullness of dudes.

It is a very subjective reason that everyone is entitled to. Now, objectively is Free! good? Maybe. I would withhold my answer, because many who do like it, like it for subjective reasons.
137503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/24/13
Episode 3 screenshot of Rei.


Oh God, get your print screen buttons ready this episode when it airs on CR.

Also, Kou is the perfect fan girl of this show. Perfect.
First  Prev  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.