First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you still watch Shugo Chara if Amu wasn't in it?
31 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/13 , edited 6/4/13
Basically, an anime show wouldn't be the same if a certain character wasn't in it. Amu is the main character, and even though she's not that amazing in Shugo Chara, the anime wouldn't be the same without her. Would you still watch this anime if she wasn't in it? If not, why?


6 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/13
Hell no, this anime would have been more boring!
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/13 , edited 6/7/13
Nope. In fact, she and Utau are like the only good characters in the show. No offense to other characters.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/13 , edited 6/4/13
No, if any character gets removed in this anime, Shugo Chara would have been much less interesting.
12087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Hogwarts School o...
Offline
Posted 6/4/13
I think the anime would fall apart without Amu. The plot premise is explained through Amu's experiences, the primary romance involves Amu, Ran, Miki, and Su wouldn't exist, and.. well, it'd be a mess. I think the plot wouldn't even happen if Amu wasn't there.
Aside from that, why would they remove the most interesting character in the show? I mean, some of the other characters are interesting, but Amu is the only one that we really get to know well. As for whether or not I'd still watch it, no. I wouldn't. Like I said, the plot would be a mess without Amu, and having to hear the council just talk would be BORING.
The series NEEDS Amu.
31 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/13

Elise_Grimwald wrote:

I think the anime would fall apart without Amu. The plot premise is explained through Amu's experiences, the primary romance involves Amu, Ran, Miki, and Su wouldn't exist, and.. well, it'd be a mess. I think the plot wouldn't even happen if Amu wasn't there.
Aside from that, why would they remove the most interesting character in the show? I mean, some of the other characters are interesting, but Amu is the only one that we really get to know well. As for whether or not I'd still watch it, no. I wouldn't. Like I said, the plot would be a mess without Amu, and having to hear the council just talk would be BORING.
The series NEEDS Amu.


Agreed 100%!
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/4/13 , edited 6/4/13

SombraMan wrote:

Nope. In fact, she's like the only good character in the show. No offense to other characters.


True, she's the only interesting character in the anime, being an otherwise average show.
One Punch Mod
44576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/11/13
Even though there are a lot of characters who I enjoy seeing, she's very clearly the main character, and it would just be a meandering mess without her. She's the focal point, the one we are meant to care most about what happens, and how she grows into her potential.
13031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/15/13
I guess i will not but if another character appear, mayby i will check be curiosity.


SombraMan wrote:

Nope. In fact, she and Utau are like the only good characters in the show. No offense to other characters.

Ikuto is more atractiv and mysterious than Utan
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/13

lorreen wrote:

Even though there are a lot of characters who I enjoy seeing, she's very clearly the main character, and it would just be a meandering mess without her. She's the focal point, the one we are meant to care most about what happens, and how she grows into her potential.


Agreed.


BakaNekoQc wrote:

I guess i will not but if another character appear, mayby i will check be curiosity.


SombraMan wrote:

Nope. In fact, she and Utau are like the only good characters in the show. No offense to other characters.

Ikuto is more atractiv and mysterious than Utan



Yeah, but I still don't like Ikuto. It's okay if you do. You and I have a different opinion.
19 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
She's the heroine. The girl who both Tadase and Ikuto like because she's different. Someone that Yaya or Rima cannot be. Then, Su, Ran, Miki and Dia have no owner. Where does the Dumpty Key go? Then Utau would be jealous for no reason. Who cleanses the X Eggs in the first Season of Shugo Chara? And many other reasons. So I wouldn't watch it. Amu makes the episode complete.
91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / boom
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
No. Actually, one of the reasons I started watching Shugo Chara was because Amu was socially awkward and misunderstood most of her life, just like me. //of course, I was never considered 'cool and spicy', but I definitely felt her loneliness in the begining of the series.// And it did make the series more interesting having the protaganist not be a complete magical-girl-mary-sue but be a more reluctant one that you get to watch grow as the series progresses, if you know what I mean.
7756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / Chico
Offline
Posted 8/19/13 , edited 8/19/13

of course i would still watch it ... i assume since the writing of the show is very good that the writers and creators would write in a great character that i would love...
49 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Washington, USA
Offline
Posted 9/18/13
Well because Amu is the main character like many others have pointed out the show would make no sense if she was just gone.

That said if the show had started out with a different girl who acted as the main character, but was not the same character as Amu, depending on what she was like I would probably still watch it.
Especially if it was a slightly older character. Like 13-14 instead of 11-12.
Of course that last part is just because I am a big Amuto fan so having her be older would have been nice.
I would have been happy with them making Ikuto younger instead, but if he was young enough to make the age gap less weird, then I would feel creepy for being attracted to someone so much younger than me.

So in short; maybe, depending on circumstance.

Or if I was the main character. I would watch it if I was the main character.
5204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / ◕ ‿ ◕♥Somewhere....
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
NOOOOOO OF COURSE NOT I MEAN...i like utau better sorry she has cute style but with amu the show means NOTHING because everything is about HER
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.