First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply NSA Spying
7109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

AsahinaInu wrote:


Atheyon wrote:

That only prevents against unreasonable search and seizures without a warrant of sorts. All the NSA has to do is come up with some crap-shot reason and suddenly, it's cool
I was just clarifying that it is in the constitution. The fact that the government does everything in its power to circumvent said supposed rights is an entirely different matter.



Forgive my ignorance
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13 , edited 6/7/13

Atheyon wrote:


AsahinaInu wrote:


Atheyon wrote:

Well, the United States constitution doesn't say anything about a right to privacy, so unfotunately, there's no way you can realistically stop the NSA from spying.
4th amendment.



That only prevents against unreasonable search and seizures without a warrant of sorts. All the NSA has to do is come up with some crap-shot reason and suddenly, it's cool


The Supreme Court Ruled on this with Griswold v. Connecticut

The Constitution endorses the right to privacy.

True is does not exactly say it, but neither does it say exactly that a person can have a gun or separation of church and state. We merely interpret it that way. That is a crucial component when looking at the constitution my friend.

it is through the combination of the third amendment, the fourth amendment, the fifth amendment, and also the 9th amendment that makes the right to privacy possible as stated by the supreme court. Your privacy is yours. It is your information and no one has the right to take that information without probable cause. I say this with all sincerity my friend because we need to know and believe in our rights, otherwise the government will assume we will just lay down and accept whatever they pass. Please I simply ask of you not to just embrace the idea that the Constitution doesn't have the right to privacy. A lot of work was put in by good people to make it so.
7038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Phone tapping without an order from court is considered a search without a warrant by law


Patriot act says they no longer need a warrant. I never liked that damn bill. They scared us into accepting it and now year later we are seeing just how many rights we here in the US gave away. The patriot act does so many things that most people aren't even aware of. It also allows people to be held in prison without bail and without any charges being put against them indefinitely. All the government has to say is that they consider that person a threat and they are allowed to hold you pretty much till you die and there is nothing you can do about it.
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

Kikusui10 wrote:

Well i dont enjoy it, but if it can prevent crimes from happening it should remain.


I humbly ask you my friend not easily endorse such an ideology. I know you have good intentions but please be careful. Rights are hard fought but boy can they easily be lost. You go down the path of simply doing something for security and you face one major slippery slope. If we really believed in the ideology that you said, then it should be easy for us to get rid of the right to privacy altogether or throw away a person's right to due process, but of course we don't.

In the wise words of Benjamin Franklin "Those who sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither"


... I may not have the words exactly down but you get the idea haha

Yes security will always be a concern but we must tread cautiously. Almost every dictator and oppressive government has used that subject to enforce more abusive laws on its people. We cant let ourselves fall to that.

I just want you to believe in your rights my friend, and to fight for them as many others have when they saw tyrants creeping at their doorsteps
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

Mayo2111 wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

Phone tapping without an order from court is considered a search without a warrant by law


Patriot act says they no longer need a warrant. I never liked that damn bill. They scared us into accepting it and now year later we are seeing just how many rights we here in the US gave away. The patriot act does so many things that most people aren't even aware of. It also allows people to be held in prison without bail and without any charges being put against them indefinitely. All the government has to say is that they consider that person a threat and they are allowed to hold you pretty much till you die and there is nothing you can do about it.


I feel ya dude.

I hate that damn bill too. It should never exsit. This is the perfect example as to why, even in America, we must stand vigilant to guard our rights. If not, crap like this happens. I was hoping the Supreme Court would do their job and put it down, but no way we they stand up to a president's crucial piece of legislation. I can only hope the American people will have the courage to voice against next time it is up for re approval. I know I will.
5658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
This whole issue of paranoia with the NSA "spying" makes me think people just have something to hide. lol
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

WednesdayBookLove wrote:

This whole issue of paranoia with the NSA "spying" makes me think people just have something to hide. lol


I don't have anything to hide!!...........
...........
.....
.
...
.
.
what makes you say that!?!
83315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

botogamer wrote:


WednesdayBookLove wrote:

This whole issue of paranoia with the NSA "spying" makes me think people just have something to hide. lol


I don't have anything to hide!!...........
...........
.....
.
...
.
.
what makes you say that!?!


>.>
768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

WednesdayBookLove wrote:

This whole issue of paranoia with the NSA "spying" makes me think people just have something to hide. lol


Luckily for me it's not tons of cat videos. They know those people are on the nuckin futs list!
Though I'd be more worried of them peeping through the windows and taping us all we do daily to resell as reality pervert shows.

<gets duck tap, newspaper and tin foil hats ready>
66790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
At least they're monitoring Verizon. They had to skip over AT&T because of the crap service and reception of the phones.
58943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Right behind you.
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
While i don't necessarily agree with what the NSA spying on everyone, was there anyone out there who honestly believed this wasnt already happening? That seems rather naive that after 9-11, the US would not spy on its own citizens as well.

Also, the NSA has the capability of tracking any given person at any given time. However, that does not mean that they have the capability of tracking everyone all the time. They have so much information to sift through, I doubt they will really pay attention to the actions of some rather unimportant random US citizen.

It is about a balance between Safety Vs. Freedom, they are mutually exclusive. The more safety people want, the more freedoms they will have to compromise. Unlimited freedom is anarchy, while guaranteed security can only exist can only exist when all other aspects of human life are controlled and monitored sacrificing all freedom.

If you want to maintain your freedom, you have to accept the fact that bad things will happen and cannot always be prevented. However, for what i have seen, many of the people that attack the NSA for spying are the same people who attack the government for not doing enough to prevent tragedies from happening. You cant really have both. Personally, i dont believe in sacrificing any more freedom for security, things happen, its a reality of life.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

quikbeam wrote:

While i don't necessarily agree with what the NSA spying on everyone, was there anyone out there who honestly believed this wasnt already happening? That seems rather naive that after 9-11, the US would not spy on its own citizens as well.

Also, the NSA has the capability of tracking any given person at any given time. However, that does not mean that they have the capability of tracking everyone all the time. They have so much information to sift through, I doubt they will really pay attention to the actions of some rather unimportant random US citizen.

It is about a balance between Safety Vs. Freedom, they are mutually exclusive. The more safety people want, the more freedoms they will have to compromise. Unlimited freedom is anarchy, while guaranteed security can only exist can only exist when all other aspects of human life are controlled and monitored sacrificing all freedom.

If you want to maintain your freedom, you have to accept the fact that bad things will happen and cannot always be prevented. However, for what i have seen, many of the people that attack the NSA for spying are the same people who attack the government for not doing enough to prevent tragedies from happening. You cant really have both. Personally, i dont believe in sacrificing any more freedom for security, things happen, its a reality of life.


The NSA is not spying on "EVERYONE" they approach the ISPs and Telecom companies and request these companies allow them to use complex algorithms to mine through meta data the ISPs and Telecom companies already collect. It's no different from what FACEBOOK, Twitter, and countless credit card companies do. What concerns me isn't the NSAs surveillance, it's that people think this is new...

What the NSA is doing is analogous to going to a landfill with very expensive complex equipment and sorting through the trash, instead of picking through people's private trash.
50393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
Hahaha paranoid people are funny, did you all think the world was going to end on Dec 21st of last year too?
45834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
What would you want? Being spied on and it thwarting a plot that might end up killing a loved one? Or the govt. finding out you like porn and like to chatter and gossip on your tech devices about harmless bullcrap?
If you have such a concern, go back to the carrier pigeon days, and send messages that way.
20243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/13 , edited 6/7/13
This is good there should be no privacy at all criminals are scum of this earth and if you do something wrong you should pay for it and if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to hide.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.