First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
NSA Spying
21192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
Its tools like you that lets this shit fly...
4023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
Using government agencies to spy on political dissidents, targeting political dissidents with the IRS, silencing political dissidents with drones, and declaring martial law TWICE over the course of a few months all while people look on and say "Oh well, at least they're stopping crime." They've been spying on us since 9/11 and they haven't stopped a single crime. They only use these false flag terror attacks to create new laws to spy on political dissidents.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
64447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / US
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

Kikusui10 wrote:

Well i dont enjoy it, but if it can prevent crimes from happening it should remain.


You are an animal. Free men do not have to answer for their daily conduct -- they only have to answer for crimes in which they have harmed another. Animals get penned, caged, moved and watched. Free men do not.
81324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

kakashi2k7 wrote:

This is good there should be no privacy at all criminals are scum of this earth and if you do something wrong you should pay for it and if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to hide.


Anything can be made a crime. All it takes is a law to make it so. Every time you travel slightly faster than the speed limit, you brake a law. Actually, there are so many laws in the US these days, that most people are likely breaking laws every day without knowing it.
64447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / US
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

kakashi2k7 wrote:

This is good there should be no privacy at all criminals are scum of this earth and if you do something wrong you should pay for it and if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to hide.


But who decides? When you sacrifice a right for one, you sacrifice a right for all. When you begin to pick and choose who to look at or -- even worse -- wholesale suspect everyone of wrongdoing, now EVERYONE is guilty. Have you never sped? Never had a joint? In NYC, they tried to ban large sodas. Have you ever had a large soda? There are laws for everything and every one of us is a law breaker. By allowing wholesale surveillance, we allow the opportunity for corruption like never before. Piss off the wrong person and *poof* you're done son. It doesn't matter if YOU have nothing to hide.
46 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
They were saying China would spy on citizens if they gave them access to infrastructure, but they were doing it themselves anyway. The patriot act says it's okay. Is it patriotic to give away your liberty? If the people didn't want it why did they pass it. Isn't it supposed to be a democracy (representative democracy).
37840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
To anyone who doesn't care ; Lets say something does happen in the future, that isn't what you expected. You have no say to complain since you didn't decide to whether reject or accept this conduct. SO HAVE AN OPINION D:<
Honestly it's shit like this that makes me afraid what's going to happen in the future. If it unfolds into some sci-fi governemt power genre or something like the Hunger Games daaam we ded :[
64447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / US
Offline
Posted 6/7/13 , edited 6/7/13
During the American Revolution there was a common catchphrase based upon a letter from Ben Franklin.

"Those who would give up a little bit of liberty for a little bit of security deserve neither and will lose both."

Free men should be free. When I was young I was taught "Don't trust strangers. Sometimes strangers can be bad guys. If you're lost or in trouble, find a police officer. Police officers are your friends!" Now there is untold corruption. Now we are taught to fear the government and fear police in America. In the US, police kill the innocent and unarmed almost every day. In Seattle and old deaf man was carving on a bit of wood with his pocket knife. A Police officer shouted at this 70-something year old deaf man. Since he was deaf and could not hear, he kept carving on his bit of wood. The police officer shot him multiple times in the back of the head. The officer's "punishment" (reward) was a PAID "suspension" (vacation). He was cleared of wrongdoing and went back to work. Someone was suspected of possessing drugs, so the swat team kicked in his door and shot his 13-year-old kid who just happened to be preparing dinner, was chopping onions and had a knife in his hand. A 13 year old kid was shot for chopping onions in his own home. The officers were found to be innocent of any wrongdoing. There are several youtube videos of police officers in the US EXECUTING handcuffed suspects with gunshots to the back of the head. They are almost always suspended and then reinstated to their old jobs. This sort of thing is a DAILY occurrence in the USA BECAUSE idiots think "I'm safe if I have nothing to hide."
4023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.”

Plato said that in 400 BC. Tyrants have been working the same way for thousands of years but no one seems to pay attention to facts because "I-it could never happen in Murrikka! Land of da free!"
26718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

dark_paradox_21 wrote:

During the American Revolution there was a common catchphrase based upon a letter from Ben Franklin.

"Those who would give up a little bit of liberty for a little bit of security deserve neither and will lose both."

Free men should be free. When I was young I was taught "Don't trust strangers. Sometimes strangers can be bad guys. If you're lost or in trouble, find a police officer. Police officers are your friends!" Now there is untold corruption. Now we are taught to fear the government and fear police in America. In the US, police kill the innocent and unarmed almost every day. In Seattle and old deaf man was carving on a bit of wood with his pocket knife. A Police officer shouted at this 70-something year old deaf man. Since he was deaf, he kept carving on his bit of wood. The police officer shot him multiple times in the back of the head. Someone was suspected of possessing drugs, so the swat team kicked in his door and shot his 13-year-old kid who just happened to be preparing dinner, was chopping onions and had a knife in his hand. This sort of thing is a DAILY occurrence in the USA BECAUSE idiots think "I'm safe if I have nothing to hide."


Well im in Canada and not the USA and cops here don't do shit like that lol.....
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

CalifCat wrote:

What would you want? Being spied on and it thwarting a plot that might end up killing a loved one? Or the govt. finding out you like porn and like to chatter and gossip on your tech devices about harmless bullcrap?
If you have such a concern, go back to the carrier pigeon days, and send messages that way.


Its not necessarily that. There are legitimate concerns. We don't want our medical records released, we don't want videos of us undressing popping up on the internet, and we don't want to be afraid of saying what we want in our homes without being judged. Even the stupid things such as porn or gossip matter to some people. We can't always put security before everything. I mean if we were really serious about thwarting all plots that could kill loved ones, we would suspend all rights to privacy and we would just throw away the right for somebody to have due process. Many good people fought decades to secure many of the rights we take for granted today. What a lot of people also underestimate is how easily those very rights can be taken from us. Even the United States is not above this. Its done so before and its more than capable of doing it again, if not worse.

I am sorry if I sound like I am bashing you. I really hope that isn't the case. I just want to offer food for thought and that you can take it wherever you want to. Many good democracies put leaders in power because they promised "security" that often was an underhanded way to oppress the people.

These people in power are not saints, they are humans that are prone to the vices that power brings along with it. We shouldn't forget that, even when it seems like they have good intentions. Anyways thats two cents on the matter. Sorry for my long boring speech. I hope I didn't put you to sleep
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

kakashi2k7 wrote:

This is good there should be no privacy at all criminals are scum of this earth and if you do something wrong you should pay for it and if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to hide.


I would humbly ask you to be careful with that line of thinking my friend. Of course a criminal should pay for what he or she has done. Nobody could argue against that. The only problem is that we don't something that just tells us who is a criminal and who isn't. To take away privacy altogether poses all kinds of problems. There is a reason why the founders of america put in amendments like the 4th and 5th, because they saw what happened when the government had unlimited access to the people. People were wrongfully incriminated and others had their belongings taken. It would happen again going into the cold war as the Red Scare began. McCarthy lead many innocent people to their doom, even though they had "nothing to hide."

I simply throw stuff like this to you my friend as food for thought and to remember who are the people that are "judging" others. Anyways take that for what its worth, maybe it was an epiphany or maybe you just read this and thought, "this guy is full of $%^$"......though I hope not haha.

So yeah um... thanks for listening

(P.S. i responded to others on here basically in the same way, so if you thought my answer sucked maybe one of my other ones will be better.......... that is if I haven't bored you already haha)
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

dark_paradox_21 wrote:


Kikusui10 wrote:

Well i dont enjoy it, but if it can prevent crimes from happening it should remain.


You are an animal. Free men do not have to answer for their daily conduct -- they only have to answer for crimes in which they have harmed another. Animals get penned, caged, moved and watched. Free men do not.


I like your overall statement dude... but I think that first part might have been a bit harsh haha but again, clever statement
55105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

botogamer wrote:


CalifCat wrote:

What would you want? Being spied on and it thwarting a plot that might end up killing a loved one? Or the govt. finding out you like porn and like to chatter and gossip on your tech devices about harmless bullcrap?
If you have such a concern, go back to the carrier pigeon days, and send messages that way.


Its not necessarily that. There are legitimate concerns. We don't want our medical records released, we don't want videos of us undressing popping up on the internet, and we don't want to be afraid of saying what we want in our homes without being judged. Even the stupid things such as porn or gossip matter to some people. We can't always put security before everything. I mean if we were really serious about thwarting all plots that could kill loved ones, we would suspend all rights to privacy and we would just throw away the right for somebody to have due process. Many good people fought decades to secure many of the rights we take for granted today. What a lot of people also underestimate is how easily those very rights can be taken from us. Even the United States is not above this. Its done so before and its more than capable of doing it again, if not worse.

I am sorry if I sound like I am bashing you. I really hope that isn't the case. I just want to offer food for thought and that you can take it wherever you want to. Many good democracies put leaders in power because they promised "security" that often was an underhanded way to oppress the people.

These people in power are not saints, they are humans that are prone to the vices that power brings along with it. We shouldn't forget that, even when it seems like they have good intentions. Anyways thats two cents on the matter. Sorry for my long boring speech. I hope I didn't put you to sleep


Campaign for Liberty Chairman Ron Paul condemned reports that the Obama Administration is secretly collecting data from the phone calls of millions of Americans:

“I wish I could say I was shocked at the reports the NSA is secretly spying on the private phone calls of millions of Verizon customers. However, this is a predictable result of a government that continues to erode our liberties while promising some glimmering hope of security.

“The Fourth Amendment is clear; it says we should be secure in our persons, houses, papers and effects, and that all warrants must have probable cause.

“I opposed and continue to oppose the Patriot Act because I believe it throws the Fourth Amendment right out the window. It is certainly not patriotic to support warrantless wiretaps, blanket ‘metadata’ collection, and spying on innocent American citizens.

“Unfortunately, what is worse than the reports, is knowing that politicians of both parties will continue to defend this practice as necessary to supposedly keep us ‘safe’. We do not have to sacrifice our liberties for security. At times like this, the question must be asked, ‘if we are willing to change our way of life and our very definition of freedom while tolerating the invasive searches at our airports and now of our phone calls, have the terrorists already won?’”


America had a chance to make HIM president!!! Regrets...I've had a few..and now I face the final curtain.
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13



Campaign for Liberty Chairman Ron Paul condemned reports that the Obama Administration is secretly collecting data from the phone calls of millions of Americans:

“I wish I could say I was shocked at the reports the NSA is secretly spying on the private phone calls of millions of Verizon customers. However, this is a predictable result of a government that continues to erode our liberties while promising some glimmering hope of security.

“The Fourth Amendment is clear; it says we should be secure in our persons, houses, papers and effects, and that all warrants must have probable cause.

“I opposed and continue to oppose the Patriot Act because I believe it throws the Fourth Amendment right out the window. It is certainly not patriotic to support warrantless wiretaps, blanket ‘metadata’ collection, and spying on innocent American citizens.

“Unfortunately, what is worse than the reports, is knowing that politicians of both parties will continue to defend this practice as necessary to supposedly keep us ‘safe’. We do not have to sacrifice our liberties for security. At times like this, the question must be asked, ‘if we are willing to change our way of life and our very definition of freedom while tolerating the invasive searches at our airports and now of our phone calls, have the terrorists already won?’”


America had a chance to make HIM president!!! Regrets...I've had a few..and now I face the final curtain.


Wait am I talking to the same person? Haha

P.S. I love Ron Paul, but still I couldn't vote for him as president. Him and I disagree too much on some things but still, I admire his constant resolve to defend liberty.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.