Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Rape-- Does the way you dress have nothing to do with it?
10573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
i think the point isnt about every rape that ever occurs being hte womans fault for dressing "that way", or that no rape would occur if everyone wore burkas.

its that if a rapist sees an attractive woman in a revealing clothing it could be enough to push him over the edge whereas a female in a burka might go unnoticed at that particular point.

a female in attractive clothing isnt going to drive every man in the area to a raping fit. most guys will stare, whistle, ask for a phone number, whatever.
however, that same revealing clothing when viewed by a rapist could be enough to trigger it.



the black and white argument all of you are trying to participate in doesnt exist.
nothing is clear cut to the point of yes and no like you try to make this topic
Banned
1785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 6/10/13

eightcar wrote:



This is nothing but sick victim blaming!

To even suggest this is irresponsible to say the least and enabling rapists by condoning their excuses at the worst!

This meme is often pushed by right wing extremists throughout the male dominated world!


You think dressing has nothing to do with rape?
2074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Rochester, NY
Online
Posted 6/10/13

VeniVidiVici- wrote:


eightcar wrote:



This is nothing but sick victim blaming!

To even suggest this is irresponsible to say the least and enabling rapists by condoning their excuses at the worst!

This meme is often pushed by right wing extremists throughout the male dominated world!


You think dressing has nothing to do with rape?


I think it is an EXCUSE made by rapists to justify their sick actions! This sick attitude is presented repeatedly in some countries under Sharia Law as an excuse to subjugate women and give so called men (actually human trash) a legal excuse to rape and not be prosecuted! (and yet even women in Burkas are still raped)

Because sick individuals (rapists) claim that women were asking for it because of how they are dressed does NOT validate the claim! All it validates is that some people should never be allowed to roam free in society as they can not contain themselves from inflicting the worst kind of harm on another human being!
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
No that's a ridiculous statement!

If a man has the cold hearted will to rape someone. He is not going to let something like clothes stop him. He is going to find someone to do it with.

Its a bullshit excuse that tries to blame women for rape. Does wearing skimpier clothing make you more sexually desirable? Yes. But you have to be the saddest kind of person in the world, if you can't keep your dick in your pants just because you see a woman in short shorts and a tank top.

END OF DISCUSSION
10573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/10/13

botogamer wrote:

No that's a ridiculous statement!

If a man has the cold hearted will to rape someone. He is not going to let something like clothes stop him. He is going to find someone to do it with.

Its a bullshit excuse that tries to blame women for rape. Does wearing skimpier clothing make you more sexually desirable? Yes. But you have to be the saddest kind of person in the world, if you can't keep your dick in your pants just because you see a woman in short shorts and a tank top.

END OF DISCUSSION



who do you think hes going to pick for rape?
the chick in the burka that might take 10 minutes to get to the goods or the hotty in the mini skirt where he could be done in half the time?

get off your white guilt kick and grow up.
a rapist will rape and youre a fool if you think hes not going to pick the hot woman in revealing cloths over the fat girl in the burka.
that doesnt make it her fault and youre a moron if you think it thats what the discussion is about.

483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/13

VeniVidiVici- wrote:

Why is it, the most hottest, and attractive, barely dressed girl is the one made to get drunk? Or something slipped in her drink?
No one cares about the fat girl in overalls.

This thread is about the fact how people are strung up on the fact that dressing has NOTHING to do with rape, where in so fact is DOES at times have something to do with it.

However it doesn't mean every rape is caused by what a person wears.
It just means it increases the chances at times, no matter how miniscule it is.

That is what my point is, how people yell it has nothing to do with it when at times it does.
Lets say you're in a tourist group going to a 3rd world country. If you're going to walk around in a bikini, chances are your risk of getting abducted goes up higher.

why? Because you attract attention.

Thats the reality of it.

Even though there are other women around, they'll go for you. Same with bars.

Rape isn't because of just ONE factor, its because of alot of factor, and I believe dressing to some point does play a hand in some cases.

So yelling blatantly that walking around butt naked has NOTHING to do with rape, you are greatly mistaken.


Walking around naked will get you jail.

Rape is something that will be directed by a person's crazy psychotic mind and to a person he finds appealing in his eyes. Once you get that crazy, how you dress could just be a wild dice throw. And no dude fat girls get raped too and more than you would suspect. Women of all different kinds of age groups get raped, including children. If you want to accomplish saying that how you dress has like 5% to do with a person getting raped, well congratulations on making that magnificent point! Honestly I'd say there are more important debates to have like shooting down people who think that kind of notion, or people who use that excuse to rape someone especially within this male dominant civilization that feels the need to suggest that at times, or talking about how society can't freaking focus its message on what a girl can offer the world besides her body. Those are real discussions to have and I think they have much more value to the matter of what causes rape than simple dressing.
.
.
.
ugh I'm sorry for coming off hostile. I usually don't like to talk this way. But this issue is important to me and it easily sets me off. Especially because of past people that I've gotten to know as well as all the stories ive heard. To debate rape in this matter just feels too narrow and I think it points us in the wrong direction.................... I'm going to go find something to punch now.
10573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
right, because a rapist is just some crazed lunatic on drugs with a hard on, right?
hed stick it in a tree if he came on it first or maybe a sheep even.

because a woman wears revealing clothing doesnt mean shes asking to get raped and it doesnt make it her fault if she does
why do you think this way?
regardless of what heathens do under sharia law, an attractive woman is more likely to be raped than an ugly one, dont you think?
that doesnt make it her fault for being hot. its never the womans fault no matter what she is wearing or how she looks. it is always the rapists fault.
but of course a rapist would pick an attractive woman in revealing clothes over a plain woman in a burka. its just crazy to think he wouldnt.
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/13

swirly_commode wrote:

right, because a rapist is just some crazed lunatic on drugs with a hard on, right?
hed stick it in a tree if he came on it first or maybe a sheep even.

because a woman wears revealing clothing doesnt mean shes asking to get raped and it doesnt make it her fault if she does
why do you think this way?
regardless of what heathens do under sharia law, an attractive woman is more likely to be raped than an ugly one, dont you think?
that doesnt make it her fault for being hot. its never the womans fault no matter what she is wearing or how she looks. it is always the rapists fault.
but of course a rapist would pick an attractive woman in revealing clothes over a plain woman in a burka. its just crazy to think he wouldnt.


Dude we're talking about rapists here. They are crazy by nature. If you have the stomach, read some of their stories, they can be pretty sick assholes. And I've looked at the statistics and did my own research for school. Its an easy assumption to just think that hot women are more likely to get raped than one that aren't. But that is not what we are finding. It's a mute point and as I say again, it distracts from what the nature of rape is currently like in the world. That is why I am trying to say, it is way too simple to just high light the clothes when there are far more important factors at work.
10573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
sorry, i couldnt hear your mute point, can you repeat it for me?
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/13

swirly_commode wrote:

sorry, i couldnt hear your mute point, can you repeat it for me?


If all you're going to do is patronize me, then I won't waste my breath on you. It's clear you don't want to have a discussion.
10573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
you dont seem to know what patronize means either


this explains a lot about your ideology
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/13 , edited 6/10/13

swirly_commode wrote:

you dont seem to know what patronize means either


this explains a lot about your ideology


*sighs* alright if those are the cheap shots you want to end on. Go right ahead. Knock yourself out.
10573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
im not a rapist and cant imagine what is going through their minds. you claim to have read stuff from them but i dont think youre smart enough to understand it.

women get raped.
some are at the wrong place at the wrong time. some are stalked for hours by the rapist and you cant tell me they picked out a fat ugly chick just because its not PC to go after the well dressed attractive woman.
there are probably uncountable reasons why men rape women and how they pick their victims.
but to overlook the fact that wearing sexy outfits isnt going to provoke a rapist to rape is just showing your own stupidity and desire to fit the PC image of being an apologist.
some women get raped because they are attractive or wearing sexy clothing. this is a fact. to deny it is stupid.
that does not make it the womans fault.
that does not mean that a man wont rape a fat ugly chick in a burka. it also doesnt mean that all women are objectified as sex objects. it doesnt make women less equal or change any status of anything.

some men get robbed because they wear flashy clothes. that doesnt mean anything other than the thief picked his target by surperficial means. its not the guys fault for wearing a fake rolex and looking pimp. its the thiefs fault.


why do some of you emo kids insist on ignoring reality in favor of trying to show how sensitive to womens plight you are?
youre just making yourselves look stupid and sexist. grow up and accept reality
19557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 6/10/13 , edited 6/10/13
From the second article I linked on page one of this thread:


Students at universities and colleges are at the highest risk for sexual assault, particularly acquaintance rape. A book by Robin Warshaw, I Never Called It Rape, cites a study of 6,000 college students at 32 colleges and universities. They reported:

· 1 in 4 college women has been a victim of rape or of an attempted rape.

· 84 percent knew their attacker.

· 42 percent told no one about the assault, and only 5 percent reported it to the police.

· 98 percent of rapes were men assaulting women.

· 75 percent of the men and at least 55 percent of the women involved in acquaintance rapes had been drinking and/or taking drugs before the attack. (Other statistics report this figure is closer to 90 percent.)

Also, this is an important statistic: Often, the victim is blamed by defense attorneys and accused of "making it up," although FBI statistics show that only 2-3 percent of rape reports are false.

The victims can become the suspects, with many believing that they somehow seduced their rapist or asked for it by virtue of bad choices in what they wore, how much they drank, what party they attended, or by engaging in some form of mutual affection before saying "no."

In the final analysis, it does not matter what a victim was wearing, where a victim was or how much a victim drank; the victim did not "ask for it," or deserve it. There is not any one way or normal way that any victim should have reacted during the rape or after. And "no" at any point in a sexual encounter still means "no."
(All bold emphasis mine)

Again, suggesting what she wears contributes is practically irrelevant, because often the rapists won't even remember what clothing the victim was wearing, and further, the more relevant reason: most victims already know their attacker. Now, I say "practically," because while I will admit that some serial rapists may have a particular fetish for a specific type of clothing, and that is their trigger, they are a tiny minority compared to most rapes, which are in fact acquaintance rapes. In those, clothing is not a justification, because if they want to commit rape, they will do so no matter what she is or isn't wearing.

The slippery slope argument in this thread is that if her clothing can be used as a reason for the rape, then it is not a stretch for outside observers (including jurors) to accept the absurd justification/rationalization that she "asked for it/deserved it". And that is the problem with the clothing argument...it is presented in such a way during trial that the victim is somehow responsible for the attacker's loss of control, and that the victim is to be blamed for that situation happening in the first place. The first article I linked on the page one of this thread demonstrates exactly how that leap of logic is made by conservative religious people, and he's not the only one who takes that stance.

Also:

you cant tell me they picked out a fat ugly chick...

...youre just making yourselves look stupid and sexist.

Do you see the irony here? Because I do.
10573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 6/11/13

Students at universities and colleges are at the highest risk for sexual assault, particularly acquaintance rape. A book by Robin Warshaw, I Never Called It Rape, cites a study of 6,000 college students at 32 colleges and universities.



ill just leave it at that and see if you can figure out the difference between what you quoted and the rest of the real world.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.