Post Reply Have you read the Night Angel series by Brent Weeks?
17698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/13/13
I just finished the Night Angel series by Brent Weeks. I thought it was very entertaining. I enjoyed the whole system he invented for how magic works in that world. I also felt that Kylar was pretty relatable, I mean there were times where I was like "Noooo! What are you doing?!" But over all, You feel for the guy. I also liked the pace of the book, it was very action packed.
What did you guys think?
Who were your favorite Characters?
What other books would you suggest for someone who enjoyed this series?

Phersu 
33008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Existence.
Offline
Posted 6/13/13
It was good. Kylar's teacher was my favorite, personally, and the Black Prism series by Brent Weeks.
17698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/14/13

Phersu wrote:

It was good. Kylar's teacher was my favorite, personally, and the Black Prism series by Brent Weeks.


Yeah, Durzo was pretty awesome.
I'm reading the Black Prism right now, The whole color magic thing is pretty cool.
1055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / lazing about
Offline
Posted 6/19/13
It has been a while since I read the Night Angel books, but I did like them. I do wonder if Brent Weeks will continue the story of that world, seeing how some things seem to be have been left either unfinished or hinted at. I have enjoyed reading the Black Prism and its sequel. The only problem is that each book is just very long, so that I may have to reread them before the next one comes out.
Durzo was a cool character. Also, that one character that could see the future was sort of interesting. The one thing I wish had been more fully explained was the foreshadowing with the dragon being killed and such by Kylar's friend. I cannot remember his name.
17698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/21/13

lazyinfinity wrote:

It has been a while since I read the Night Angel books, but I did like them. I do wonder if Brent Weeks will continue the story of that world, seeing how some things seem to be have been left either unfinished or hinted at. I have enjoyed reading the Black Prism and its sequel. The only problem is that each book is just very long, so that I may have to reread them before the next one comes out.
Durzo was a cool character. Also, that one character that could see the future was sort of interesting. The one thing I wish had been more fully explained was the foreshadowing with the dragon being killed and such by Kylar's friend. I cannot remember his name.


Yeah, The whole dragon tattoo thing with Logan was a little strange. Kinda felt like he just tossed that in there and forgot to explain it further haha.
20195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/22/13
I read and have re-read the night angel series what feels like at least 10 times. It's my favorite series by far. I liked how well put together the book was and even found myself enraged while reading reviews that seemed to put the book to shame. I think Brent did a good job with this whole book and really hope that it carries on. Dorian the prophet mentioned during the book that Kylar had many other names (Cwellar, Spex, The nameless, Marati, Wearer of names) There is so much history in that one character that i would love to explore. I'm not even gonna mention half of Durzo's past names considering he carries well over a dozen. There is so much i could say but i will end my rush of words with my favorite character. I think Durzo would have to be a favorite. He is a Titan (not literally, figuratively) in the story. He just has too much that could be said about him...

On a side note, the lightbringer series/ black prism books. Great and all but until the last book comes out i reserve my judgement. The series is no night angel trilogy though :P

PS. Have you read Brent's Novella "Perfect Shadow" So i don't ruin the whole thing


Well been a pleasure posting and totally geeking out ^.^
ciao
17698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/23/13

Gokumon wrote:

I read and have re-read the night angel series what feels like at least 10 times. It's my favorite series by far. I liked how well put together the book was and even found myself enraged while reading reviews that seemed to put the book to shame. I think Brent did a good job with this whole book and really hope that it carries on. Dorian the prophet mentioned during the book that Kylar had many other names (Cwellar, Spex, The nameless, Marati, Wearer of names) There is so much history in that one character that i would love to explore. I'm not even gonna mention half of Durzo's past names considering he carries well over a dozen. There is so much i could say but i will end my rush of words with my favorite character. I think Durzo would have to be a favorite. He is a Titan (not literally, figuratively) in the story. He just has too much that could be said about him...

On a side note, the lightbringer series/ black prism books. Great and all but until the last book comes out i reserve my judgement. The series is no night angel trilogy though :P

PS. Have you read Brent's Novella "Perfect Shadow" So i don't ruin the whole thing


Well been a pleasure posting and totally geeking out ^.^
ciao


I haven't read Perfect Shadow yet, but you certainly make me want to read it! haha
20195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/13


Oh by the way a close runner up for favorite character might have to be Aristarchos Ban Ebron... He is pretty awesome and from what i gathered is high up in the Society of the second dawn which is something to be impressed by... Yeah he was really cool the way he fought for the night angel though he had no idea what he was blindly following.... Maybe that trait isn't something to be impressed by but his dedication definitely did impress me!
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/13
It's been quite a while since I've read this series, but it is fantastic. Don't come across people that have read Brent Weeks very often. I need to re-read Black Prism before starting the second one. It was a decent book, but not quite in the same class as Night Angel.
You must be logged in to post.