Post Reply Female anime/manga characters you hate...and why?
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / home
Offline
Posted 6/14/13 , edited 6/14/13
So I already made a thread about how I hate the way females are portrayed in animation...but now I want to know which characters brought upon those feelings?? and for what reason?

1. Sakura from Naruto...she's strong but I wish she would just shut up about Sasuke

2. Yuuki from vampire knight....all she had to do was choose who she wanted to be with. In the end she still couldn't do it. They chose for her

3. Kyoko from Skip beat....I understand being a complete airhead can be cute but its been 33 volumes and she still doesn't realize that she's in love. how does that happen?

P.S: I'll try adding to the list as I come up with more

I guess this has been done before...sorry for the duplicate
71902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/14/13
haruhi, she just would not shut the fuck up...
Moderator XIV
65082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 6/14/13 , edited 6/14/13
Moved this over to Anime.... since it is about Anime!!!

I can second Sakura, she has been fairly annoying for 95% of Naruto. I will add in Iwai from Severing Crime Edge. She is so insanely annoying and useless I wish the bad guys would win and take her out. It would enhance the show considerably.
41951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/14/13 , edited 6/14/13
Everyone in Uta no Prince Sama.


Because they are all too nice to one another, it's unrealistic and sickening. Their personality is one-dimensional, even a 5 years old child has more personality than these characters.

I know I'm ripping the show to shreds, but anyone who actually watched that show will understand what I'm talking about.
18515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Alderaan
Offline
Posted 6/14/13
Sakura is a given.

I really hate Kirino from Oreimo, her dere is kind of cute but she is such an annoying character otherwise, and I hate her even more because of how that series ended... I hate Kyosuke too btw.

Mikono from Aquarion Evol, totally useless.

I think who takes the cake for me though is Shana from the final season of Shakugan no Shana. I generally liked her before that final season, but for the final season I felt like the protagonists and the antagonists switched places, and I was just constantly annoyed by Shana and the other Flame Hazes. The criminals are trying to exile themselves, just let them go, good riddens!
11492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/14/13
Jeez. Everyone hating on Sakura. She isn't THAT bad a character. Kishimoto just sucks at writing by completely negating her character development that she had in the first two arcs of the second part of the series. She also hasn't talked about Sasuke that much since Part 1 ended. Actually I am pretty sure Naruto was the one that has been the one that hasn't shut up about Sasuke. Got so bad the he passed out after hyperventilating. Sakura at least TRIED to kill him (even if she didn't go through with it at the last second... boo...)

Now, onto who I find annoying as female anime characters.... Hmm. Well, sadly the first one that comes to mind is Orihime from Bleach. Because holy crap...... You guys think Sakura is bad? She has all of Sakura's bad qualities PLUS more. She is the typical, stereotyped, waifu bait. She is a ditz with a large bust, supposedly has great power but barely ever uses it, and is ALWAYS crying and is ALWAYS getting captured, and is ALWAYS useless without her man around. I hate her... I hate her so much. It is a shame too, because she was pretty cool in the beginning of the series. Then she gets captured by Aizen's forces and the rest is history...

Who else can I name... Hm. How about Marina Ishmail from Gundam 00? I have heard people in the past give Relena Peacecraft a hard time, but she at least accomplished something and DID something in Gundam Wing. What did marina do? Nothing at all. She was supposedly a princess and leader of a nation and she... was just really bad at her job. They tried to make her into the next Relena, but failed in such a spectacular fashion in every single way. It was like a comedy of errors. Good thing the rest of the cast was superb.

46215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/14/13 , edited 6/14/13

Orga777 wrote:

Jeez. Everyone hating on Sakura. She isn't THAT bad a character. Kishimoto just sucks at writing by completely negating her character development that she had in the first two arcs of the second part of the series. She also hasn't talked about Sasuke that much since Part 1 ended. Actually I am pretty sure Naruto was the one that has been the one that hasn't shut up about Sasuke. Got so bad the he passed out after hyperventilating. Sakura at least TRIED to kill him (even if she didn't go through with it at the last second... boo...)

Now, onto who I find annoying as female anime characters.... Hmm. Well, sadly the first one that comes to mind is Orihime from Bleach. Because holy crap...... You guys think Sakura is bad? She has all of Sakura's bad qualities PLUS more. She is the typical, stereotyped, waifu bait. She is a ditz with a large bust, supposedly has great power but barely ever uses it, and is ALWAYS crying and is ALWAYS getting captured, and is ALWAYS useless without her man around. I hate her... I hate her so much. It is a shame too, because she was pretty cool in the beginning of the series. Then she gets captured by Aizen's forces and the rest is history...

Who else can I name... Hm. How about Marina Ishmail from Gundam 00? I have heard people in the past give Relena Peacecraft a hard time, but she at least accomplished something and DID something in Gundam Wing. What did marina do? Nothing at all. She was supposedly a princess and leader of a nation and she... was just really bad at her job. They tried to make her into the next Relena, but failed in such a spectacular fashion in every single way. It was like a comedy of errors. Good thing the rest of the cast was superb.



Kishimoto did say he was, well, I wouldn't say bad - but has a difficult time coming up with heroine type characters.

I don't hate any character I read about, even the ones you're supposed to hate.
18768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 6/14/13
Iwai from Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge is useless
Shiina from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is clueless
Shizuku from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is emotionless

Also, Saitohimea from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi i didnt really like since she kept bitching for Taito and would randomly go yandere mode.
10546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / The Moon
Offline
Posted 6/15/13
One of the most satisfying moments in anime.



17796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/15/13 , edited 6/15/13


10 minutes into the first episode and you wanted bitches to be getting slapped wtf




GoldTStar wrote:

Iwai from Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge is useless
Shiina from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is clueless
Shizuku from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is emotionless

Also, Saitohimea from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi i didnt really like since she kept bitching for Taito and would randomly go yandere mode.


dont talk about mashiro like that >=o

10546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / The Moon
Offline
Posted 6/15/13 , edited 6/15/13


maffayoo wrote:



10 minutes into the first episode and you wanted bitches to be getting slapped wtf



You'll get it once you've watched the entire series and look back on it.



17796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/15/13 , edited 6/15/13

Hibikinator wrote:



maffayoo wrote:



10 minutes into the first episode and you wanted bitches to be getting slapped wtf



You'll get it once you've watched the entire series and look back on it.





id of raged at her when she was crying about her boyfriend hes dead get over it the whole world is dying

episode when there at the gas station on the bike she sure looked happy when he said "my girl"
14958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 6/15/13
Nina from Code Geass. I think it was the first time i actually felt pure hatred for a character from an anime. Such a whiny annoying little *censored*. Thankfully she didn't appear too often, so Code Geass remained a superb show.

You must be logged in to post.