First  Prev  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  Next  Last
Post Reply Fall 2013 anime
29685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 10/8/13 , edited 10/8/13
From a FAQ (http://www.alltheanime.com/wakanim_faq/) page about Wakanim:


On launch all titles barring Kill la Kill will be available streaming only for now, but Samurai Flamenco will have the full package of options available for users to choose from. We have one or two neat surprises for this season too that will also have the full package of options for people to choose from too!


So there's more of something still to come on that front at least.

Also Andrew seems to be talking about AoD in the present tense, and as a subscription based service. Then again he is no longer involved with it, so I'm not sure if he would know if there were plans to get that up and running again anyway.
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/13
I didn't mention it here yesterday, and it's already in the update but Yowamushi Pedal is 39 episodes(13 volumes, 3 episodes per volume).

Non Non Biyori is 12 episodes(6 volumes). White Album 2 looks to be 13 episodes(6 volumes, 6th volume is more expensive than the others).
37386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/13
I love this note in the Funimation FAQ:


We are experiencing an issue where some users are signing up for EVS, being charged for it, and then are unable to watch EVS videos on the site. Please do not make new tickets about this issue at this time, as we are aware of it, and do not have troubleshooting steps at this time. We will announce on the forums when we have resolved this issue-- please don't worry, we are working to correct this as soon as possible. - See more at: http://www.funimation.com/support#sthash.Yr7B3YCC.dpuf


Did Funimation get bought by Comcast? 'Cause only a cable company would tell customers that it's no big deal that they aren't receiving a service they paid for.
24570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/8/13

kuuderes_shadow wrote:

From a FAQ (http://www.alltheanime.com/wakanim_faq/) page about Wakanim:


On launch all titles barring Kill la Kill will be available streaming only for now, but Samurai Flamenco will have the full package of options available for users to choose from. We have one or two neat surprises for this season too that will also have the full package of options for people to choose from too!


So there's more of something still to come on that front at least.

Also Andrew seems to be talking about AoD in the present tense, and as a subscription based service. Then again he is no longer involved with it, so I'm not sure if he would know if there were plans to get that up and running again anyway.


I think he knows off-the-record who has the rights to what, but all of their hands are tied with non-disclosure agreements.

If zombie Anime on Demand lurchs to life once more, I could see them having Magi season 2 and the Kyoani anime.

672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/13

pistolsaf wrote:

I didn't mention it here yesterday, and it's already in the update but Yowamushi Pedal is 39 episodes(13 volumes, 3 episodes per volume).

Non Non Biyori is 12 episodes(6 volumes). White Album 2 looks to be 13 episodes(6 volumes, 6th volume is more expensive than the others).


Please forgive my ignorance, but Non Non Biyori has 2 episodes per volume, while Yowamushi Pedal has 3 episodes per volume. First of all, what is a "volume" and why is it good to measure episodes in terms of volumes instead of episodes or cours? And why is the number for Non Non Biyori different from Yowamushi Pedal?
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/13 , edited 10/8/13

pfnt wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:

I didn't mention it here yesterday, and it's already in the update but Yowamushi Pedal is 39 episodes(13 volumes, 3 episodes per volume).

Non Non Biyori is 12 episodes(6 volumes). White Album 2 looks to be 13 episodes(6 volumes, 6th volume is more expensive than the others).


Please forgive my ignorance, but Non Non Biyori has 2 episodes per volume, while Yowamushi Pedal has 3 episodes per volume. First of all, what is a "volume" and why is it good to measure episodes in terms of volumes instead of episodes or cours? And why is the number for Non Non Biyori different from Yowamushi Pedal?


I mean DVD and BD(Blu-Ray) volumes. The solicitations for those series are out on Amazon.jp and I am just using the data from the solicitations to get the exact episode number. For 1-cour series, it's usually 2 episodes per DVD or Blu-Ray(sometimes they have a BD/DVD volume having 1 episode or 3). For 2 cours(and sometimes 3 cours), the standard is 3 episodes per volume(when it's 26 episodes, the last BD/DVD usually has 2 episodes). Sometimes though for 2 cour series, some get greedy and have 11 to 12 BD/DVD volume releases(Kadokawa for Hyouka and Nichijou) and Aniplex can be obnoxious that way too.

672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/13

pistolsaf wrote:


pfnt wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:

I didn't mention it here yesterday, and it's already in the update but Yowamushi Pedal is 39 episodes(13 volumes, 3 episodes per volume).

Non Non Biyori is 12 episodes(6 volumes). White Album 2 looks to be 13 episodes(6 volumes, 6th volume is more expensive than the others).


Please forgive my ignorance, but Non Non Biyori has 2 episodes per volume, while Yowamushi Pedal has 3 episodes per volume. First of all, what is a "volume" and why is it good to measure episodes in terms of volumes instead of episodes or cours? And why is the number for Non Non Biyori different from Yowamushi Pedal?


I mean DVD and BD(Blu-Ray) volumes. The solicitations for those series are out on Amazon.jp and I am just using the data from the solicitations to get the exact episode number. For 1-cour series, it's usually 2 episodes per DVD or Blu-Ray(sometimes they have a BD/DVD volume having 1 episode or 3). For 2 cours(and sometimes 3 cours), the standard is 3 episodes per volume(when it's 26 episodes, the last BD/DVD usually has 2 episodes). Sometimes though for 2 cour series, some get greedy and have 11 to 12 BD/DVD volume releases(Kadokawa for Hyouka and Nichijou) and Aniplex can be obnoxious that way too.



Thanks for explaining to me what is a volume. Too bad Non Non Biyori is only 12 episodes since "slice-of-life comedy" is precisely what I like. On the other hand, wow at Yowamushi Pedal with 39 episodes!
36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/13

hpulley wrote:



The one I'm tweet-stalking Earth Star for is Tokyo Cycle Girl! And the mangaka is begging right along with me LOL


Tokyo Cycle Girl sounds like something I'd watch. (and yeah, I've got the wrestling one in my queue thanks to you). I am still hoping for Encouragement of Climb Season 2 though (and Teekyu having 3 seasons now is something I really like).

The Wise Wizard
79337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/8/13

seanohara wrote:

Did Funimation get bought by Comcast? 'Cause only a cable company would tell customers that it's no big deal that they aren't receiving a service they paid for.

I was expecting there was a problem, which is why I decided to wait on taking advantage of the "two months for the price of one" offer they sent me via e-mail.

One would hope they would compensate those who who have paid for a subscription. That said, I suspect many are on the 14 day free trial at this point after they re-upped (except for any that got the same offer I did).

There is also the point that anyone that was subscribed before appear to have gotten most of September free, so those subscribed during that time have been pre-compensated after a fashion.
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/8/13 , edited 10/8/13

pistolsaf wrote:


hpulley wrote:

The one I'm tweet-stalking Earth Star for is Tokyo Cycle Girl! And the mangaka is begging right along with me LOL


Tokyo Cycle Girl sounds like something I'd watch. (and yeah, I've got the wrestling one in my queue thanks to you). I am still hoping for Encouragement of Climb Season 2 though (and Teekyu having 3 seasons now is something I really like).


Yes!!! This!!! We need Yama no Susume seasons 2 and 3! There is a ton more material as the first season only covered up to a part of volume 2 and volume 5 comes out later this week. The mangaka has been doubling up chapters, not quite quadrupling up like Teekyuu...

Tokyo Cycle Girl is going to be awesome! Only good thing about it not coming out yet is the current arc is wonderful so I hope they can animate that, my favorite part was just recently, absolutely magical. I was chatting with the mangaka about it.
74429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/9/13
Madman is doing pretty damn good this season.

Coppelion is being released 1.5 hours after the Japanese airing starts, which is well before Hulu. The video quality is actually much better than Hulu plus too (despite being 576p).
Last week Kill la Kill was also released 30 mins before CR/Daisuki.

There's only around 30 seconds of ads per video too.
18768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
(@pistolsaf) The simulcast time for Coppelion appears to be 7:30 am PST. (episode 2 appeared between 7:28 and 7:32)
69868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/10/13

llamaben wrote: Coppelion is being released 1.5 hours after the Japanese airing starts, which is well before Hulu. The video quality is actually much better than Hulu plus too (despite being 576p).

Yes, I know for Youtube, and I'm guessing for Hulu as well, there's a bit of posturing going on with resolution, since the stream is bitrated starved for that resolution. A well resourced 576p stream can easily look nicer than a bitrate-starved 720p stream.

Edit: It also looks like there is a region expansion coming for Valvrave 2 ~ Latin America and Spain have already been announced in the Spanish news, and the .rss for Valvrave includes a bucketload of European territories, when it was announced UK/Eire-only in Europe.
8061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/13

agila61 wrote:
Edit: It also looks like there is a region expansion coming for Valvrave 2 ~ Latin America and Spain have already been announced in the Spanish news, and the .rss for Valvrave includes a bucketload of European territories, when it was announced UK/Eire-only in Europe.

Samurai Flamenco appears to have started showing up for Europeans as well, which would certainly be good news.
69868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/13 , edited 10/10/13

YannWaters wrote: Samurai Flamenco appears to have started showing up for Europeans as well, which would certainly be good news.

Yes, the rss media restrictions list is quite long, but barring a mixup, notable there are Middle Eastern Countries (in bold) and European countries (in italics) that were not mentioned in the original announcement. UK/Eire and France are not there, of course, since AllTheAnime has the rights for the UK and Wakanim.tv have the rights for France, but lots of new countries if this holds up:

ai ag aw bs bb bz bm bq ca ky cr cu cw dm do sv gl gd gp gt ht hn jm mq mx an ni pa pr kn lc vc tt tc us vg vi ar bo br cl co ec fk gf gy py pe sr uy ve bh cx cc iq il jo kw om ps qa sa sy ae ye ax al by ba bg hr cz dk ee fo fi gi gr va hu is it lv lt mk mt md me nl no pl pt ro sm rs sk si es sj se tr ua as au ck gu nz mp um za


(NB: Two Letter Internet Country Codes, so people can find country codes they are interested in.)


icecreamsnow wrote: I think he knows off-the-record who has the rights to what, but all of their hands are tied with non-disclosure agreements.

If zombie Anime on Demand lurchs to life once more, I could see them having Magi season 2 and the Kyoani anime.


The 12 simulcasts on the joint Kaze/KanaMedia site are: Magi2, Coppelion, Kuroko 2, Outbreak Company, Hunter x Hunter, Log Horizon, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Strike the Blood, Space Brothers, Wanna be the strongest in the world, Naruto Shipuden and Beyond the Boundary.

Crunchyroll/UK has Kuroko 2, Hunter x Hunter, Log Horizon, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Strike the Blood, Space Brothers, Wanna be the strongest in the world, and Naruto Shipuden.

That would leave a back-from-the-zombie Anime-On-Demand Magi2, Coppelion, Outbreak Company and Beyond the Boundary among the series that Kaze's new joint venture is streaming.
First  Prev  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.