First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime that Follow their Source Material
38570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hotaru-verse
Offline
Posted 6/17/13

cyborg150 wrote:


kizna-chan wrote:

Death Note followed the manga almost to a tee.

D.Gray-man followed the manga.
Since the manga is ongoing they gave the anime an open ending
instead of just making one up, which I approve of whole heartily!

Durarara!!, though now that I think about it
I'm not really sure what came out first, the manga, anime or light novels.
I think I heard somewhere that they all came out at the same time but I don't know.
I do know that the manga and the anime are almost identical up to the point when the anime ends.

Karneval is currently airing and it's following the manga for the most part.
There are a few small things that have been left out but nothing major as far as I can recall.



I like how you colored the anime titles the corresponding colors, but did Death Note get cancelled or is that just for creepy effect?


No, it wasn't cancelled, I just thought it was a fitting color.
I didn't know there was a color coding system we needed to follow
It was purely a coincidence that I picked those colors...
13078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 6/17/13

kizna-chan wrote:


cyborg150 wrote:


kizna-chan wrote:

Death Note followed the manga almost to a tee.

D.Gray-man followed the manga.
Since the manga is ongoing they gave the anime an open ending
instead of just making one up, which I approve of whole heartily!

Durarara!!, though now that I think about it
I'm not really sure what came out first, the manga, anime or light novels.
I think I heard somewhere that they all came out at the same time but I don't know.
I do know that the manga and the anime are almost identical up to the point when the anime ends.

Karneval is currently airing and it's following the manga for the most part.
There are a few small things that have been left out but nothing major as far as I can recall.



I like how you colored the anime titles the corresponding colors, but did Death Note get cancelled or is that just for creepy effect?


No, it wasn't cancelled, I just thought it was a fitting color.
I didn't know there was a color coding system we needed to follow
It was purely a coincidence that I picked those colors...


It's all good.

I'm just glad people are posting anime. If you know any more by all means please post em'!
od1968 
17236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 6/17/13

hpulley wrote:

I guess novels are included too:

Sakurasou no Petto na Kanojo: Finished 6/10 novels, volume 10 comes out next month.
My Sister is Among them / Nakaimo: Ongoing, not finished, did about 9/10 novels.
So I can't play H / Dakara boku wa H ga dekinai: Ongoing, not finished, novel 14 just came out.
Campione!: ongoing, anime well behind, novel 14 just came out.
Problem Children are coming from another world aren't they / Mondaiji: Anime only finished about first 2 novels, 7 are done, 8 comes next month with OVA.
Kokoro Connect: anime only did 4/10 novels. Novels are finished.


Kokoro Connect ends a different way?!

Agh! Is it worth reading after the anime leaves off?
51993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/17/13

od1968 wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Kokoro Connect: anime only did 4/10 novels. Novels are finished.


Kokoro Connect ends a different way?!

Agh! Is it worth reading after the anime leaves off?

OMG, if there is anything that needs more anime it is Kokoro Connect! The novels are amazing, well worth reading novels 5-10! Just a great story, we miss so much by not having the rest. Season 1 ends well but when you think about it you really are less than halfway into the story. Why is Heartseed doing this? Does it just stop there or do they have to figure out what's going on and stop him/it? Is that really the end of it for the Taichi, Inaba and Iori love triangle? Does Yui get over her fears? Is Aoki boring forever? LOL
od1968 
17236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 6/17/13

hpulley wrote:


od1968 wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Kokoro Connect: anime only did 4/10 novels. Novels are finished.


Kokoro Connect ends a different way?!

Agh! Is it worth reading after the anime leaves off?

OMG, if there is anything that needs more anime it is Kokoro Connect! The novels are amazing, well worth reading novels 5-10! Just a great story, we miss so much by not having the rest. Season 1 ends well but when you think about it you really are less than halfway into the story. Why is Heartseed doing this? Does it just stop there or do they have to figure out what's going on and stop him/it? Is that really the end of it for the Taichi, Inaba and Iori love triangle? Does Yui get over her fears? Is Aoki boring forever? LOL


AGH! I must read!

36561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/13
As far as Ongoing Novels:

Haruhi Suzumiya: anime has covered all the first four volumes, 2/3rds of vol 5 and 1/4 of Vol 6. The Light Novels are up to Vol 11.

The next stuff that would get animated would be 4 short stories(Love At First Sight, Snowy Mountain Syndrome, Where Did The Cat Go, Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina) and Vol 7(The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya). There would be quite a bit of Yuki Nagato stuff for fans of hers.

I have read all of the novels and the stuff that hasn't gotten animated yet is amazing. I really hope there is a Haruhi 3 eventually.
26972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 6/17/13

Dempseyrolled wrote:

Kuroko no Basket season 2 and Sora no Otoshimono season 3 are slated to come out near the end of this year, and both their manga series are still ongoing.


Sora no Otoshimono season 3 is rumored to come out by the end of the year but not confirmed and even so...
37595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Jabberwock Island
Offline
Posted 6/17/13
Hunter X Hunter (2011) follows the manga to the T and is still ongoing. Both anime and manga

FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood also closely followed the manga and gave the series the proper ending.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn followed the manga 100% but ended two arcs before. The anime didn't have its own separate ending,just stopped after an arc like Bleach

Eye shield 21 followed the manga to the T

Gintama follows the manga as well but is constantly on and off

To Aru Majutsu no Index follows the light novels accurately. Not sure if the light novels are still going though
208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/13
Sometimes a bit of variation would be nice. What ever happened to people complaining about SPOILERS?!

If the animated version already follows the source material, then the animated version is already spoiled. Yet, when an animation deviated from the "original", people complain about it.
51993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/17/13 , edited 6/17/13

od1968 wrote:

AGH! I must read!


Kokoro Connect "Random Tomorrows" ending BIG spoiler
13078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 6/17/13

KyuuA4 wrote:

Sometimes a bit of variation would be nice. What ever happened to people complaining about SPOILERS?!

If the animated version already follows the source material, then the animated version is already spoiled. Yet, when an animation deviated from the "original", people complain about it.



I know right? It's like people don't have the right to say that they don't like sloppy half-assed endings for shows which thus far have been establishing a well-thought out plot. Go figure man...
I totally loved how Mahou Sensei Negima...
but you know, we must be crazy for not loving that.....
51993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/19/13 , edited 6/19/13
And we can add another one that does NOT follow the source material to the end. Red Data Girl only did 5/6 novels for some reason. Not sure if they'll do an OVA or just hope the sales of the 6th novel go up... Where they didn't skip lots they were very close to the source material.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.