First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Yuri Manga !
1811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/22/13
I just came here to see the arguments.
11408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/13
Oh I like Yuruyuri.....does that count? Oh wait this is the argument thread, don't mind me.
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/27/13
I saw Girl Friends at my local Half-Price Books, but I didn't get it, because it was the "Complete Collection 2." It's that darned 2 that was the problem for me. I can't seem to handle having a latter part before having the former. A couple of you have said you've read it, and I'm just wondering if it's any good?
Kicchu 
30835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

MarthWMaster wrote:

I saw Girl Friends at my local Half-Price Books, but I didn't get it, because it was the "Complete Collection 2." It's that darned 2 that was the problem for me. I can't seem to handle having a latter part before having the former. A couple of you have said you've read it, and I'm just wondering if it's any good?


Hahah, I'm the same way... Just like how 'breaks' in series drive me crazy. ^^; But, yeah, Girl Friends is one of the better yuri manga and it has a pair of adorably likable leads. :3 I'd suggest it!

21380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Online
Posted 6/28/13

BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I just came here to see the arguments.


Me too. Although I misclicked to this topic and after a glance at the first page, I couldn't help but almost wet myself laughing at the little kids getting all pissy over yuri! ^-^
Posted 6/28/13

saksiss wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I just came here to see the arguments.


Me too. Although I misclicked to this topic and after a glance at the first page, I couldn't help but almost wet myself laughing at the little kids getting all pissy over yuri! ^-^


yuri is srs business.

anyway, I don't really tend to like outright yuri manga/anime.
I tend to lean more towards something that has lesbianism in it, but focuses on the story and not their romance so much.
Sailor Moon, Utena and such.

But my favorite yuri anime is Sasameki Koto, very sweet.
1811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

saksiss wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I just came here to see the arguments.


Me too. Although I misclicked to this topic and after a glance at the first page, I couldn't help but almost wet myself laughing at the little kids getting all pissy over yuri! ^-^


Getting pissy? Jesus Christ! It's just yuri! I'm not a fan of it, but people can like what they like.
21380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Online
Posted 6/28/13

BeanWantaBurger wrote:


saksiss wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I just came here to see the arguments.


Me too. Although I misclicked to this topic and after a glance at the first page, I couldn't help but almost wet myself laughing at the little kids getting all pissy over yuri! ^-^


Getting pissy? Jesus Christ! It's just yuri! I'm not a fan of it, but people can like what they like.


Yeah, getting pissy, as in getting all agro over it
21380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Online
Posted 6/28/13

FameMonster wrote:


saksiss wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I just came here to see the arguments.


Me too. Although I misclicked to this topic and after a glance at the first page, I couldn't help but almost wet myself laughing at the little kids getting all pissy over yuri! ^-^


yuri is srs business.

anyway, I don't really tend to like outright yuri manga/anime.
I tend to lean more towards something that has lesbianism in it, but focuses on the story and not their romance so much.
Sailor Moon, Utena and such.

But my favorite yuri anime is Sasameki Koto, very sweet.


Perhaps, but it should not be taken anywhere near as serious as those guys are arguing about.
740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / US
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
I'm a Yuri fan also I haven't read too many, but liked Strawberry Panic, and I bought Girlfriends, still need to read it I've read a few others but can't think of the titles right now
9538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Kansas City, MO
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

DevilishMaiden wrote:

I'm a Yuri fan also I haven't read too many, but liked Strawberry Panic, and I bought Girlfriends, still need to read it I've read a few others but can't think of the titles right now
I must have read Girlfriends at least 5 times, it's so good, you will love it.

24725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
I would read more yuri if it were smuttier. I dislike inferring hot lesbian sex when I could be seeing it.
740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / US
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Rexzazel wrote:


DevilishMaiden wrote:

I'm a Yuri fan also I haven't read too many, but liked Strawberry Panic, and I bought Girlfriends, still need to read it I've read a few others but can't think of the titles right now
I must have read Girlfriends at least 5 times, it's so good, you will love it.




Awesome, can't wait to read it Need to pick up volume 2 also, want to be sure I get 'em all at least!



mhibicke wrote:

I would read more yuri if it were smuttier. I dislike inferring hot lesbian sex when I could be seeing it.



I was reading two last night, Blue (by Hayase Hashiba), which was literally, 18 pages, not that smutty (since it was kinda short and sweet) but still some.

The other one is Hajimete Koi o Shita (I fell in love for the first time), which I only got to chapter 3, but I think it's good, smutty-wise! You might like that.


But, I know what you mean. I like both types of Yuri (the sweet/innocent type and then the not so..) and the "not so.." is not always easy to find, in my opinion.
24725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

DevilishMaiden wrote:
The other one is Hajimete Koi o Shita (I fell in love for the first time), which I only got to chapter 3, but I think it's good, smutty-wise! You might like that.

Read it a while back and liked it, but have struggled to find comparable yuri. It's a shame.
740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / US
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

mhibicke wrote:


DevilishMaiden wrote:
The other one is Hajimete Koi o Shita (I fell in love for the first time), which I only got to chapter 3, but I think it's good, smutty-wise! You might like that.

Read it a while back and liked it, but have struggled to find comparable yuri. It's a shame.



I"m definitely having the same troubles
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.