First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What do you think about people with Tourette Syndrome?
23193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
I don't think negatively of someone with tourettes and I don't hold it against them. I have compassion for people with the condition, as it must be hard to have it, especially if they have it severely bad.
7038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
For a second when the OP said Turret's Syndrome, I thought maybe they played STO and ran a rainboat with all turrets.
17783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Tourette, when people shout verbal nonsense? Someone did that to me not too long ago.


Yes! Those verbal nonsense doesn't happen to everybody that has TS I usually just Tic really.
17783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

Mayo2111 wrote:

For a second when the OP said Turret's Syndrome, I thought maybe they played STO and ran a rainboat with all turrets.


No, no. I just got lazy and spelled it the wrong way. It's meant to say "Tourette Syndrome". Lol
17783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

aeb0717 wrote:

I don't think anything in particular. I see a person with TS in the same way most people would view someone with allergies. I don't really care, though I would naturally be a bit distracted by the symptoms when they occur; however, I'd be no more distracted by someone yawning, sneezing, coughing, burping, or whatnot.


And some of those Symptoms actually exist for some people with TS. I just Tic and make some noises at times.
36381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The Metro
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
Having a hard time figuring out whether you meant 'turret system' or 'tourette syndrome'
Banned
34165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 6/20/13 , edited 6/20/13
Yeah, it's hard having an obsession with turrets. :(

17783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

MrHalligan wrote:

Having a hard time figuring out whether you meant 'turret system' or 'tourette syndrome'


Tourettes Syndrom. Lol
17783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

CarboKill wrote:

Yeah, it's hard having an obsession with turrets. :(



I'm not talking about Turrets is "Tourettes" I misspell it wrong.
36381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The Metro
Offline
Posted 6/21/13

CarboKill wrote:

Yeah, it's hard having an obsession with turrets. :(



"are you still there?"
25160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / The Sarlacc Pit
Offline
Posted 6/21/13
I think they have a disability, but I don't think of them as disabled. I DON'T know anyone with Tourette's, but if I did I would just treat them the same way I treat everyone; As a friend, until proven an asshole.
30411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 6/21/13 , edited 6/21/13
Don't worry TC. I've never met anyone with Turret's Syndrome, but if I do, I'll make sure to be extra careful.

Just kidding. I joke, I joke!! But in all seriousness, I think of people with Tourette's the same way I think of people with Down's Syndrome, of which I do know a few people. I myself was born with Asberger's which is hard as hell to control. I think of them as just any other ordinary human beings, and am generally anything but mean. If anything, I have sympathy for those types of people.

It's hard to make fun of people with Tourette's or any other diagnosis, illness, or life problem. Because if I do it to them, they have just as much a right to do it to me. And I'm just not able to make fun of people. You go dude!! I view them as models, people I can look up to. They have life challenges, albeit different than mine, but regardless they still struggle more than the average human beings, and I respect the willpower and courage that takes. I look up to guys like you. Keep living life, man!

MikeyMike, you sick bastard. I posted my comment a minute later than yours, and your face pops up when I scroll up. Dammmmmmnnniiiiiittt!!!!!! Why is that picture so popular?!!!
17783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/21/13

MrHalligan wrote:


CarboKill wrote:

Yeah, it's hard having an obsession with turrets. :(



"are you still there?"


No I'm gone.
17783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/21/13

Zachman wrote:

Don't worry TC. I've never met anyone with Turret's Syndrome, but if I do, I'll make sure to be extra careful.

Just kidding. I joke, I joke!! But in all seriousness, I think of people with Tourette's the same way I think of people with Down's Syndrome, of which I do know a few people. I myself was born with Asberger's which is hard as hell to control. I think of them as just any other ordinary human beings, and am generally anything but mean. If anything, I have sympathy for those types of people.

It's hard to make fun of people with Tourette's or any other diagnosis, illness, or life problem. Because if I do it to them, they have just as much a right to do it to me. And I'm just not able to make fun of people. You go dude!! I view them as models, people I can look up to. They have life challenges, albeit different than mine, but regardless they still struggle more than the average human beings, and I respect the willpower and courage that takes. I look up to guys like you. Keep living life, man!

MikeyMike, you sick bastard. I posted my comment a minute later than yours, and your face pops up when I scroll up. Dammmmmmnnniiiiiittt!!!!!! Why is that picture so popular?!!!


We should hang out sometimes! So you can meet a real life TS dude! >:D I'm pretty fun to get along actually.
Lol.
30411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 6/21/13

XxDarkRikuxX wrote:


Zachman wrote:

Don't worry TC. I've never met anyone with Turret's Syndrome, but if I do, I'll make sure to be extra careful.

Just kidding. I joke, I joke!! But in all seriousness, I think of people with Tourette's the same way I think of people with Down's Syndrome, of which I do know a few people. I myself was born with Asberger's which is hard as hell to control. I think of them as just any other ordinary human beings, and am generally anything but mean. If anything, I have sympathy for those types of people.

It's hard to make fun of people with Tourette's or any other diagnosis, illness, or life problem. Because if I do it to them, they have just as much a right to do it to me. And I'm just not able to make fun of people. You go dude!! I view them as models, people I can look up to. They have life challenges, albeit different than mine, but regardless they still struggle more than the average human beings, and I respect the willpower and courage that takes. I look up to guys like you. Keep living life, man!

MikeyMike, you sick bastard. I posted my comment a minute later than yours, and your face pops up when I scroll up. Dammmmmmnnniiiiiittt!!!!!! Why is that picture so popular?!!!


We should hang out sometimes! So you can meet a real life TS dude! >:D I'm pretty fun to get along actually.
Lol.


...I'm in Louisana. On the upside, I do plan on moving to Cali for a college choice. If I go through with it, I'll be in USC for a four year in video game design and programming. Dunno if you looked at my location, but Santa Destroy is a location in Suda 51's No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2. I definitely recommend it to anyone thinking the Wii is a kid's console. That and MadWorld with shatter that mindset completely.

Online chat would be perfectly fine though, if that's okay with you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.