Remove this ad
Post Reply How many different languages have you heard in Anime opening and ending songs?
23441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 6/21/13 , edited 6/21/13
I apologize if this topic should be in the music category. I was curious to see how many different languages CR users have heard in Anime OPs and EDs. Here's a list of different languages that I've heard as far as I can remember and an example to go with each language.

Starting with the obvious, Japanese: I'll go with the "Angel Beats!" OP, "My Soul, Your Beats!", as an example since it's my all-time favorite song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIFV8UUs1-c

Another obvious one, English: An example would be the "Ef - A Tale of Memories" OP, "Euphoric Field." This song has an English and Japanese version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4s1rgBN9I

Now going into the not-so-obvious languages, Latin: An example being the "Elfen Lied" OP, "Lilium."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kua_iJ4bAmo

Next is Korean: The only example that I know of is the "Black Blood Brothers" ED, "Shinkirou." This song is actually kind of half Korean, half English.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uApxLjS657g

One that's pretty obscure, French: The example here is the "Blood-C" OP "Spiral." Again, this song is more like 1/2 French, 1/4 Japanese, and 1/4 English.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81lfJBN2hqM

These are the different languages that I can remember. I'm sure there are more so please post them here if you know of any.
64415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/21/13 , edited 6/21/13
Lol fabulous post.

I have heard all moonlight densetsu openings in all the dubbed languages.

Edit.

Suzukas opening start line in English.

Haruhis god knows in English.

Legend of the condor hero opening in Cantonese ( fits the anime more so than the original Japanese).

Efs euphoric field and ebullient future both English and Japanese

Umineko is Italian opening
21136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / The Sarlacc Pit
Offline
Posted 6/21/13
Japanese, English, and Russian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIqgxeNtl0

GITS, MUDDA FUZZZAS!
23441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 6/21/13

AnimeKami wrote:

Lol fabulous post.

I have heard all moonlight densetsu openings in all the dubbed languages.

Edit.

Suzukas opening start line in English.

Haruhis god knows in English.

Legend of the condor hero opening in Cantonese ( fits the anime more so than the original Japanese).

Efs euphoric field and ebullient future both English and Japanese


I had no idea that the English dub version of God Knows was different. I just listened to it and I actually kind of liked it, but I like the Japanese version much more.
29919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/21/13 , edited 6/21/13
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is notable for having an English OP, instead of an Engrish one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtYuG6MgX8 (It's from 1988, so a bit old).

"Skies of Love is the opening theme song for the first Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA series and is performed, written and composed by Monday Michiru and arranged by Shin Kawabe. It was originally released on 25 July 1991." (source).
53786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 6/21/13
Latin was also used in the OP for "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian": Cras numquam scire

The first OP to Mirai Nikki, Kuusou Mesorogiwi, used bits of both German and Latin.
13482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 6/21/13 , edited 6/21/13
Well there is the english dub version of Ouran which i like better than the Japanese
also Kuroshitsuji has Si Deus mi Relinquit OST which is Latin
12575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lavender town
Offline
Posted 6/21/13
I really liked Elfen Lieds opening lilium, that you already mentioned
23441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 6/21/13

deadpanditto wrote:

Latin was also used in the OP for "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian": Cras numquam scire

The first OP to Mirai Nikki, Kuusou Mesorogiwi, used bits of both German and Latin.


You're right, I can't beleive I forgot about those two.
16326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / England
Offline
Posted 6/21/13 , edited 6/21/13
German, from Mirai Nikki, AoT, and a few others which I can't bring to mind right now >.<

Also, Lacrimosa from Kuroshitsuji contains some of a made up language by the singer, Yuki Kajiura, and some Latin :3

Hetalia's ending is sung in many different languages as well, depending on the character singing!
12091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 6/21/13
I heard manderine, but the Japanese voice character fucked it up -- night raid 1931
35180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/21/13
Japanese, I guess I'll list my favourites as examples, um, the opening from "Say I love you" and the ending from "Cuticle Detective Inaba". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc_W0qts7bU

English, opening from Bleach "Tonight Tonight", ending from Ergo Proxy, Radiohead's "Paranoid Android".

Latin, I haven't heard that many. But I like this theme song from an unreleased game FFXV, titled Somnus... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0c8B97gfnw I'm really into this kind of music.
23441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 6/21/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

Japanese, I guess I'll list my favourites as examples, um, the opening from "Say I love you" and the ending from "Cuticle Detective Inaba". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc_W0qts7bU

English, opening from Bleach "Tonight Tonight", ending from Ergo Proxy, Radiohead's "Paranoid Android".

Latin, I haven't heard that many. But I like this theme song from an unreleased game FFXV, titled Somnus... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0c8B97gfnw I'm really into this kind of music.


The Cuticle Tantei ending made me laugh so much every time I heard it.
Banned
35665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 6/21/13
There's German in the Attack on Titan opening.
42201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/21/13 , edited 6/21/13
Gunslinger Girl, Deadman Wonderland, Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Deadman Wonderland, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Gundam Unicorn, Black Lagoon, Future Diary, Ergo Proxy, Witchblade, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Elfen Lied, Cowboy Bebop, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Gantz, Psycho Pass, X'amd: Lost Memories, Black Blood Brothers, School Rumble, BECK, Nodame Cantabile, etc.

Tons of openings/endings have bits of other languages in them and whatnot. From what I can hear: English, Japanese, German, Latin, Gibberish (made up languages), Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin), Korean, Russian, French, Italian, etc.


Inklid wrote:

German, from Mirai Nikki, AoT, and a few others which I can't bring to mind right now >.<

Also, Lacrimosa from Kuroshitsuji contains some of a made up language by the singer, Yuki Kajiura, and some Latin :3

Hetalia's ending is sung in many different languages as well, depending on the character singing!


Yuki Kajiura is a music composer and producer, not a singer. You know, like Hans Zimmer.
You must be logged in to post.