First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
Post Reply Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Manga
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/10/14
10330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 5/11/14
I am losing interest fast on this title. Volume 13 had nothing but 'splaining. I prefer buying and reading tanks as opposed to buying the digests weekly/monthly, so I was bummed out by the excessive 'splaining. Absolutely nothing happened for 200 pages. I thought Isayama Hajime was about to follow the Toriyama Akira route of "I'm straight out of ideas so lets make every frame an action shot and keep dialog to a minimum" based off volumes 11 and 12, then volume 13 happens. I am not sure if I want to bother buying volume 14 in August.
17481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/11/14

plaidypuss wrote:

I am losing interest fast on this title. Volume 13 had nothing but 'splaining. I prefer buying and reading tanks as opposed to buying the digests weekly/monthly, so I was bummed out by the excessive 'splaining. Absolutely nothing happened for 200 pages. I thought Isayama Hajime was about to follow the Toriyama Akira route of "I'm straight out of ideas so lets make every frame an action shot and keep dialog to a minimum" based off volumes 11 and 12, then volume 13 happens. I am not sure if I want to bother buying volume 14 in August.



What do you want to happen? Explain to me.
4108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Guadalajara
Offline
Posted 5/11/14 , edited 5/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


plaidypuss wrote:

I am losing interest fast on this title. Volume 13 had nothing but 'splaining. I prefer buying and reading tanks as opposed to buying the digests weekly/monthly, so I was bummed out by the excessive 'splaining. Absolutely nothing happened for 200 pages. I thought Isayama Hajime was about to follow the Toriyama Akira route of "I'm straight out of ideas so lets make every frame an action shot and keep dialog to a minimum" based off volumes 11 and 12, then volume 13 happens. I am not sure if I want to bother buying volume 14 in August.



What do you want to happen? Explain to me.


Lol, the guy is actually complaining because he just wanted "action" scenes and instead we got some background on...well, pretty much everything. Which is completely fine by me since we get to understand a little better wathever is going on on AoT's world. I value history just as much (If not more) than good action.
Whoever wants to get action and no plot should watch Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. Weak plots don't require you to even think to understand them.
17481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/11/14



I see.
10330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 5/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


plaidypuss wrote:

I am losing interest fast on this title. Volume 13 had nothing but 'splaining. I prefer buying and reading tanks as opposed to buying the digests weekly/monthly, so I was bummed out by the excessive 'splaining. Absolutely nothing happened for 200 pages. I thought Isayama Hajime was about to follow the Toriyama Akira route of "I'm straight out of ideas so lets make every frame an action shot and keep dialog to a minimum" based off volumes 11 and 12, then volume 13 happens. I am not sure if I want to bother buying volume 14 in August.



What do you want to happen? Explain to me.


It's not that I want anything in particular; I just feel the story has lost it's balance and focus; it's like Annie Leonhart just took it with her. The beastly titan was introduced then immediately removed from the plot. The showdown with the colossal titan and armored titan was rushed into the plot, then prolonged like crazy. There's very little time-jumping in the plot anymore (which was one of the elements that made the title unique) outside of the Historia flashbacks. And there are entire chapters devoted to conversations in the kitchen and at the dinner table.

The title looks like another victim of unexpected and exceeding popularity,where the demand simply does not allow for a tight storyline. It feels like the author is just trying to meet deadlines rather than lining out a plot adequately. It's a shame, because it was a good unique title.
11486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/11/14 , edited 5/11/14

plaidypuss wrote:
It's not that I want anything in particular; I just feel the story has lost it's balance and focus; it's like Annie Leonhart just took it with her. The beastly titan was introduced then immediately removed from the plot. The showdown with the colossal titan and armored titan was rushed into the plot, then prolonged like crazy. There's very little time-jumping in the plot anymore (which was one of the elements that made the title unique) outside of the Historia flashbacks. And there are entire chapters devoted to conversations in the kitchen and at the dinner table.

The title looks like another victim of unexpected and exceeding popularity,where the demand simply does not allow for a tight storyline. It feels like the author is just trying to meet deadlines rather than lining out a plot adequately. It's a shame, because it was a good unique title.


What the heck are you even talking about? I am a bit confused here.
I don't know what you want, but this series was never an action series to begin with. It has always been more about the world building and the plot developments happening around the characters (like it is now.) There is a lot for the series to cover when it comes to the endless list of mysteries that are involved. It is GOOD to get through some of them now, like they are. Also, conversation and dialogue are pretty damn important in this series. So, I just think you are jumping the gun here... :/
10330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 5/11/14
To be clear, I am not interested in the title as an "action" title. There are too many pitfalls in action titles to bother following them. Rurouni Kenshin was the last action title I read and enjoyed back when it was running during my high school and college days. I am the first to admit that my time following Dragon Ball through middle school and high school was a mistake of loyalty, because it should not have gone past 17 volumes.

I am saying the plot is not well thought out. It's fine that there's intrigue around Historia, but don't be throwing out an omnipotent talking gorilla, then act like it's not a concern or didn't happen; it comes off like you're throwing darts at a board and seeing what sticks.
17481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/11/14


Patience. There is a LOT of things that need to be discussed in this manga. We''ll see the Ape Titan again much later in the manga series. Eventually, we will learn about the truth about the basement, outside the walls, and everything else within the manga.

Just have patience.
46189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/11/14 , edited 5/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

Patience. There is a LOT of things that need to be discussed in this manga. We''ll see the Ape Titan again much later in the manga series. Eventually, we will learn about the truth about the basement, outside the walls, and everything else within the manga.

Just have patience.


Ya know -- maybe we won't. Maybe they'll all die before anything is answered. Or, at least, the majority.

For example:

17481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/11/14



That scared me.
46189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

That scared me.


How so? It that ugly, huh?

17481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/11/14

Shrapnel893 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

That scared me.


How so? It that ugly, huh?




That Titan is ugly!
46189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/11/14 , edited 5/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

That Titan is ugly!


But that Titan is...




One of my most liked characters in the whole manga!

My list goes like this ( for the females):

1.) Historia Reiss, Ymir, Annie Leonhart

2.) Everyone else.

If I included my own fan-fiction into the equation (note: my renditions of the characters are different than the manga's, a bit):

1.) Skrymir, Ymir, Historia Reiss, Annie Leonhart, Ines Brandt, Mina Carolina

2.) Everyone else
17481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/11/14 , edited 5/11/14



First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.