First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Girl's Thoughts on Harem Anime
foovay 
24242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / F / Truth or Conseque...
Offline
Posted 9/6/13
You know what I don't get about it - the girls are all friends, they're all crazy about the same guy, he doesn't know which to choose - well yippee for polygamy! I am bi and polyandrous at the moment and it works for me so why not? But that never happens, oh no, that's taboo. It's okay to want to have incestuous sex with your siblings in anime, but not to have a working poly relationship. Go figure.
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / West Virginia
Offline
Posted 9/6/13
They aren't my favorite. Some are okay, others aren't. They have to have some other plot going on with it. Not just 3 girls trying to win over one guy
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 9/6/13

foovay wrote:
It's okay to want to have incestuous sex with your siblings in anime, but not to have a working poly relationship. Go figure.

To be fair, you could probably count the number of mainstream (non-hentai) anime where siblings actually have sex on one hand with fingers left over.

The only anime I can recall that had a true harem end was Tenchi Muyo GXP.

foovay 
24242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / F / Truth or Conseque...
Offline
Posted 9/6/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


foovay wrote:
It's okay to want to have incestuous sex with your siblings in anime, but not to have a working poly relationship. Go figure.

To be fair, you could probably count the number of mainstream (non-hentai) anime where siblings actually have sex on one hand with fingers left over.

The only anime I can recall that had a true harem end was Tenchi Muyo GXP.



Point given. I guess that particular taboo simply hits my own "eeewww" funny bone while my own thang is considered taboo LOL
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/6/13
Harem anime = awesome, hilarious love triangles or quadrilaterals xD but reverse harem is better ;D
Sogno- 
45631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 9/6/13 , edited 9/6/13
really no different than those shoujos with 342355 guys after the same girl

both are annoying everybody should just learn to share
31462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Online
Posted 9/6/13

foovay wrote:

You know what I don't get about it - the girls are all friends, they're all crazy about the same guy, he doesn't know which to choose - well yippee for polygamy! I am bi and polyandrous at the moment and it works for me so why not? But that never happens, oh no, that's taboo. It's okay to want to have incestuous sex with your siblings in anime, but not to have a working poly relationship. Go figure.


Thank you. My wife and I are poly and we often find ourselves wondering the same thing. I admit that one of the reasons I like Campione is that the girls aren't really fighting over who gets to be with the guy. They are fighting over who gets to be his primary.
534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 9/6/13
They're ok, not my favorite genre but I enjoy them at times.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/6/13
I grew tired of harem animes for both guys and girls. At the same time, the main character is the type of person who NEVER had a bunch of attractive men and women gush over them. Still, it doesn't mean they can't break from being the Mary and Gary Stu that too commonly used. Welcome to the world of cliches anime series. People tend to eat that shit up, truth be told, they still like cliches. An original anime may not gain the same popularity as the cliche anime series out there. It sucks that some crappy harem anime series get overly adored than one that actually have originality. What annoys me the most in harem animes is the best friend, who out of nowhere has feelings for the guy. She'll bitch about the other girls trying to cling on to him while she is too damn shy to tell him her feelings. In Dusk Maiden of Anmesia(i think it's the correct title) the main guy ends up choosing the slutty ghost over the other two girls. Sadly, all the great badass chick are in shounen animes and seinen with a few weakling to give off some sort of balance. In shoujo, the girls are stricken with E.S.A.O.K.S(excessively stupid amount of kindness syndrome)in a terrible way. You guys have great ideas for a reverse harem series....turned fanfiction or fiction. Don't worry there are some ladies and guys in Japan who may feel the exact same way as you do. Sad to say, cliche plots and characters will always gain too much popularity.

Good harem anime for guys and girls are always a hit and miss.
43458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 9/6/13


Ahem...May I ask which animes?...

79066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 9/6/13

victoriarene wrote:

They're cute. But some of them literally annoy the shit out of me.


why do you think that?
79066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ATX
Offline
Posted 9/6/13

Sebbyxc wrote:

They aren't my favorite. Some are okay, others aren't. They have to have some other plot going on with it. Not just 3 girls trying to win over one guy


how about oreimo?
19260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 9/6/13
Eh, I tend to stay well away from normal aimed-at-men harems. Finding a well-done reverse harem is like pulling teeth, though. I haven't found one I can say I enjoyed to date.
Posted 9/7/13
I really liked seikon no qwaser just because I had a crush on the red haired girl...I was quite shocked with myself because I'm straight and I never liked female characters and yet...
185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / America
Offline
Posted 9/7/13 , edited 9/7/13
So I'm guessing girls are good with Harem's except sometimes the male lead are pathetic in a way xD.

Edit: I forgot to add,..I honestly watch harems cause most of them end up up being really funny like Baka and Test or Zero no Tsukaima
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.