First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply Negative views on Asian girl/white guy couples?
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/25/13
It honestly really upsets me whenever I hear negative stereotypes of Asian women & white men couples on the internet and in real life. People are not as rude in real life when they see me *oriental* and my boyfriend *white* walking down the street, my boyfriend said sometimes people would stare and look us up and down, and that's about it.

But man, people on the internet ain't shy about sharing their opinions and they are actually pretty hurtful. There are so many threads and articles about how Asians girls are only after white guys because a) we want money or b) we want an European/American passport, or c) we want to be viewed as "higher class". And the white men who go out with Asians chicks are either a) a closet paedophilia, b) a loser, c) an anime obsessed freak.

I'm trying so hard not to let these comments upset me and try to care less about what other people think of us. We both dated people from other ethnicities before including our owns, and we just happened to fell for each other when we met. And the most ironic parts of these steroetypes are - my boyfriend isn't even rich, I have more nationalities than him and man I have an ass, how can people think that he's a pedo!

Am I being too sensitive about it? Do you think these stereotypes are true in some cases?
4077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
not sharing my asl
Offline
Posted 6/25/13
Asian girl white guy couples are not rare.......................
14518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Coventry, UK
Offline
Posted 6/25/13 , edited 6/25/13
I actually haven't heard of any negative connotations surrounding these couples, and to be honest I don't see why there should be

I'd be perfectly happy dating an Asian girl, at any least.


tinyd0t wrote:

sometimes people would stare and look us up and down, and that's about it.


Wow, even that seems exceptionally rude. Surely it's not a particularly rare sight?!
Posted 6/25/13
You see that all over the UK Asian girl/white guy couple.
probably from the older loot most time . back to war then they think that they just date them to get in to the uk .
7225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / No Stalking
Offline
Posted 6/25/13
You shouldn't pay them any mind. If people are making hateful threads about anything, they're just jealous that they don't have what you do. As long as you and your boyfriend are happy, that's all that matters in my opinion. I see no problem with any race being in a relationship with another race.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/25/13

sjgriffiths wrote:

I actually haven't heard of any negative connotations surrounding these couples, and to be honest I don't see why there should be

I'd be perfectly happy dating an Asian girl, at any least


tinyd0t wrote:

sometimes people would stare and look us up and down, and that's about it.


Wow, even that seems exceptionally rude. Surely it's not a particularly rare sight?!


If you ever type in "Asian women" in Google, you will enter into a different side of the internet. It's honestly as scary as 4chan. There are also quite a few YouTube videos of some guys saying how easy Asian girls are, which is ridiculous. This stereotype affected me before whenever I was going out having a few drinks, sometimes some guys would get cocky and asked me "how much" and insisted on finding out where me or my ancestors are from, because "I from Yorkshire" is not an acceptable answer.
15029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/13 , edited 6/25/13
Where i live people dont care what/who you are so i dont see much of that but if seen some asian and white guy couples and one time i stared because i WANTED to be that guy .. but i dont see much stereotypes here.
12789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 6/25/13 , edited 6/25/13
I have heard this before too, but where I live (in brooklyn) asians only flock with asians. I've only seen two asian/white couple in my entire life. And one of them I found out about a few hours ago on fb

*actually reads post*

whoa whoa whoa I've never heard those crazy stereotypes
Where I'm from, asian chicks dig white guys because of the stereotype that "Asian guys don't got game"
139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 6/25/13
I love me an Asian girl, let me know when you break up with your BF OP.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/25/13

perfectmayhem wrote:

You shouldn't pay them any mind. If people are making hateful threads about anything, they're just jealous that they don't have what you do. As long as you and your boyfriend are happy, that's all that matters in my opinion. I see no problem with any race being in a relationship with another race.


Thank you. It's always double standard with the case of girls of any race. One of my white female friend got called a gold-digger because she was dating an Indian man, and another girl who was dating a guy 15 years older than her is also being called a gold-digger. It's like wtf, do people just think that all young girls just want money from guys?!
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/25/13

Kenzo_Satake wrote:

I love me an Asian girl, let me know when you break up with your BF OP.


Thanks but no thanks. I do generally avoid men with a bad case of yellow fever.
7225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / No Stalking
Offline
Posted 6/25/13
Are they older people ? A lot of times it's because they're from a different time. So they aren't used to modern times where no ones cares about your race.
14651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / san jose, Ca
Offline
Posted 6/25/13
i dont think asian/white couples are too surprising. I dated a asian girl and im mexican/american as well. I live in san jose so majority is hispanic and Vietnamese here. But man it felt weird everytime we went out since Hispanic couples and asian couples would look at us surprised "like what did I just see". It is Very frustrating and annoying when people stare. I dont get people on how they view things

also, try not to think about it soo much. They're nothing but trolls on the internet, its just people upset because nobody wants to be with them. No point letting ignorant people change your views on how you see things. and stereotypes are their because it lets stupid people go by assumption since they cant process the meaning of diversity.
4961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/25/13 , edited 6/25/13

tinyd0t wrote:


Kenzo_Satake wrote:

I love me an Asian girl, let me know when you break up with your BF OP.


Thanks but no thanks. I do generally avoid men with a bad case of yellow fever.


I had that illness....I cured it by marrying an Asian man. (I'm Hispanic)
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/25/13

perfectmayhem wrote:

Are they older people ? A lot of times it's because they're from a different time. So they aren't used to modern times where no ones cares about your race.


Actually a lot of the times, it's other Asians who stare at us. I can't say older people care too much about interracial couples in where I live to be honest...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.