First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Ever feel like an outsider in your own family?
Posted 6/28/13
Nope my family pretty nuts and i fit in well .
17049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

Romulus023 wrote:


x13kissmegoodbye wrote:


Romulus023 wrote:

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Anything with my extended family is a yes.

We're an immigrant family and I'm educated. Sometimes rational thinking conflicts with the way they were brought up to understand things and it creates rifts. That's about as disconnected as it gets unless someone really knocks something out at left field.

I feel you though. I lived in Jamaica, Queens during most of my teen years and broken families around there are a dime a dozen. Domestic violence galore. Don't go that route. Get out and fast.

If you're going North I just hope you like the cold. I lived in Rochester and damn did that take getting used to. Now I can walk in shorts and t-shirts when it's 40 degrees out. I'm Caribbean, so that's impressive.


Thank you, I really do appreciate it. I mean, I live on Long Island on the South shore and after last winter & Superstorm Sandy, I can safely say that I adapt quickly & efficiently, lol. I'm going to the University at Buffalo, so being 6 hours away from Potsdam and Canada, I know it's no joke up there. I'm making the best of it now, but I can't guarantee that when the 1st vacation comes around that I'll be coming straight home. :/


That's actually really awesome. I had some of my best adventures and times up there. One of the coolest things that happened in my first year there was freezing rain. Everything was covered in a thick layer of ice. Everything had a shine and shimmer to it from trees to flowers and it was amazing and truly breathtaking.

The only thing I know about UB is that the campus is gorgeous and it has a good business and architecture school. Buffalo I know has some really awesome clubs although that was years ago. One of my friends is from there and he gave us a tour more or less. When you go make sure you get the Mighty Taco experience. Also look out for Dinosaur BBQ. Ridiculously good BBQ. Garbage plates are also the thing in Western NY and it's not nearly as bad as it sounds....OK maybe just a little but it's pure comfort food.

I really could go on but I think you get the idea of how awesome it is up there. To be honest most people who go there end up staying there. Cost of living is cheaper, it's cleaner, people are actually friendly and sincere and the list goes on.

The only bad thing I can say about anything in Western NY is that everything closes by 9pm. That's where the heavy drinking comes in. You have been warned.


I'll heed your warning! I may not even party up there a lot, because I'm a pharmacy student and i'll have a crapload on my plate. Although, I'm a HUGE foodie, so all that talk about food makes me excited lol! I mean, I'm starting to become a little bit of a health nut, but I will always love good food. Sometimes good food isn't the best for you, but I think regardless, good food is always good for your heart (in the feelings sense). I've been up to Albany, & I was amazed by how much cleaner it was than Long Island! The people were so much nicer too! I keep hearing that a lot of people upstate (& anywhere) love to hire people from Long Island though, because we're "able to take a lot of BS." Lol, whatever that means. O.o I'll keep my eye out for the freezing rain! If you say it's that beautiful, then I believe it!
17049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

IGotThisFirst wrote:

I'm pansexual. My dad is insanely homophobic, my sister is a hard-core christian and my mother despises any sexuality that treats both genders equally.


In other words, my family despises every aspect of my being, and they don't even know it.


For reference, Pansexual is basically bisexual, but rather than being attracted to both genders, it's not attracted to either gender. Attracted to people, regardless of gender. Confusing, but there's a difference. :P


I wanna let you know that you are beautiful if no one's told you so. I obviously do not know you, but, the fact that you feel comfortable in your own skin to say that you are Pansexual is beautiful to me. I'm bisexual (I took human sexuality at my first college, so I am aware of the difference) & my mom and I got into an argument the other day because I yelled at her because she kept throwing stereotypes about being bisexual at me, & didn't understand why I was so mad. She even got upset when I explained to her, why I was upset, and that she should and needs to educate herself with the correct information about it. I had to come out to my mom TWICE. My stepdad is a homophobe, and my mom is the type of person to think "not my child." So I guess I can kind of relate to you in some sense. Maybe you did come out to your parents, maybe you didn't. I'm more amazed that you felt comfortable enough to share that on this thread.
16362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / The academy
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
lets see only one sexually diverse
one one wanting to learn language besides spanish
only atheist
only one interested in science beyond medical field
only one who did/doing really really good in school
only otaku
only one who reads a crapton
only one who knows much about computers
only one who did martial arts
only one not interested in sports
so yea guess u could say i feel different
1085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/13



Y'know, often times on the internet people run around screaming homophobic stereotypes. But then there's the odd person like you who is incredibly caring and nice. And it really brightens up my day, even if I was already having a nice day. I just wanna let you know that I appreciate your kindness, more people oughta be like you.

Posted 6/29/13
I was before. Now it's not anymore.
17049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

IGotThisFirst wrote:




Y'know, often times on the internet people run around screaming homophobic stereotypes. But then there's the odd person like you who is incredibly caring and nice. And it really brightens up my day, even if I was already having a nice day. I just wanna let you know that I appreciate your kindness, more people oughta be like you.



Ahh!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!! I always try to be as open minded as I can, because it's always easier to be kind. Thank you so much!! :3 That just made my day!!
mipegg 
20404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Pansexual, new one to me. To each their own though.

I dont really fit in well with my family, Im an academic intellectual and my family.... arent but seem to try keep up with me or something? I dont really understand it but I guess they're trying to be kind in some way? Not that I really care, 99% of people wouldnt have half a clue about what Im doing even if i explained it to them so I dont care if they dont get it. Either way I tend to prefer on my own than with them, not in a bad way I've just always kept a small group whos company I enjoy and care little for anyone elses.
197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Turn around
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Ohh, plenty.
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13
I owe them.


Into the fieriness once. I saved them.

Now I am their oppressor.
2477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
always, i feel discriminated everyday.
Posted 6/29/13
Actually no, its my family feels outsider on me
There are some time I just shut down everyone.
You know when you've been caring too much for a long time but it seems
like you're not beeing appreciated
sometimes you come to a point you get so tired, but I don't
shut down for a long time. I just need some time to restart properly.
Posted 6/29/13
Yes, I do.
20110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Florida, US
Offline
Posted 6/30/13
meh.. only when i alienate myself for study time & i hear them chit-chatting/laughing down the hall

Sogno- 
25270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/30/13
yes, especially when i'm outside and they're inside
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.