First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
Why is make-up viewed so negatively?
20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/12/13

-tion wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


-tion wrote:


firefox39 wrote:

Tattoos are an art expression, but many are used to represent gangs and criminal activities (for instance, a tear underneath an eye could mean they have killed somebody and a four leaf clover could mean they were/are in a prison gang called the Aryan Brotherhood). Tattoos and make up were and are still used in warrior cultures too. People are afraid of people who fight. That's just the nature of the beast. It's always been like that.


What happened here?


What do you mean?



Forget it, i get it now. More people should see it this way. What you said is simply awesome.


Ok. And thanks.

Posted 10/12/13 , edited 10/12/13

-tion wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


-tion wrote:


firefox39 wrote:

Tattoos are an art expression, but many are used to represent gangs and criminal activities (for instance, a tear underneath an eye could mean they have killed somebody and a four leaf clover could mean they were/are in a prison gang called the Aryan Brotherhood). Tattoos and make up were and are still used in warrior cultures too. People are afraid of people who fight. That's just the nature of the beast. It's always been like that.


What happened here?


What do you mean?



Forget it, i get it now. More people should see it this way. What you said is simply awesome.


Wait wait, I don't get it, help me out please...?

Is he saying today's feminine makeup is used to somehow subliminally intimidate?

...........I thought it was used to divert attention from the chest area....
180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Where I am now
Offline
Posted 10/12/13

firefox39 wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:

If someone really wants to wear make-up, then go on and wear it. If not, then don't. We all have certain insecurities, so if that's why someone wears make-up (not always the case, but just if), then they're trying to feel more secure. Big deal. I do plenty of things to feel more secure about myself, big whoop.


I have no insecurities, for I am all that is man.


I've met men with insecurities as well. Insecurities aren't exclusive to any one class, whether that be gender, race, age, etc.. It's all a PERSONAL issue.
Posted 10/12/13

SparkieBunnie wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:

If someone really wants to wear make-up, then go on and wear it. If not, then don't. We all have certain insecurities, so if that's why someone wears make-up (not always the case, but just if), then they're trying to feel more secure. Big deal. I do plenty of things to feel more secure about myself, big whoop.


I have no insecurities, for I am all that is man.


I've met men with insecurities as well. Insecurities aren't exclusive to any one class, whether that be gender, race, age, etc.. It's all a PERSONAL issue.


No no, men have no insecurities - what are you talking about....
Well, except maybe men with very small peepee, but only them!

20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/12/13

Tolfest wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:

If someone really wants to wear make-up, then go on and wear it. If not, then don't. We all have certain insecurities, so if that's why someone wears make-up (not always the case, but just if), then they're trying to feel more secure. Big deal. I do plenty of things to feel more secure about myself, big whoop.


I have no insecurities, for I am all that is man.


I've met men with insecurities as well. Insecurities aren't exclusive to any one class, whether that be gender, race, age, etc.. It's all a PERSONAL issue.


No no, men have no insecurities - what are you talking about....
Well, except maybe men with very small peepee, but only them!



I may not be big, but I don't care.

20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/12/13 , edited 10/12/13

SparkieBunnie wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:

If someone really wants to wear make-up, then go on and wear it. If not, then don't. We all have certain insecurities, so if that's why someone wears make-up (not always the case, but just if), then they're trying to feel more secure. Big deal. I do plenty of things to feel more secure about myself, big whoop.


I have no insecurities, for I am all that is man.


I've met men with insecurities as well. Insecurities aren't exclusive to any one class, whether that be gender, race, age, etc.. It's all a PERSONAL issue.


True, men these days have more insecurities than a school girl, but I am not one of them.
Posted 10/12/13 , edited 10/12/13

firefox39 wrote:


Tolfest wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:

If someone really wants to wear make-up, then go on and wear it. If not, then don't. We all have certain insecurities, so if that's why someone wears make-up (not always the case, but just if), then they're trying to feel more secure. Big deal. I do plenty of things to feel more secure about myself, big whoop.


I have no insecurities, for I am all that is man.


I've met men with insecurities as well. Insecurities aren't exclusive to any one class, whether that be gender, race, age, etc.. It's all a PERSONAL issue.


No no, men have no insecurities - what are you talking about....
Well, except maybe men with very small peepee, but only them!



I may not be big, but I don't care.



No no, the men never do, it's the women....
20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/12/13 , edited 10/12/13

Tolfest wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


Tolfest wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:

If someone really wants to wear make-up, then go on and wear it. If not, then don't. We all have certain insecurities, so if that's why someone wears make-up (not always the case, but just if), then they're trying to feel more secure. Big deal. I do plenty of things to feel more secure about myself, big whoop.


I have no insecurities, for I am all that is man.


I've met men with insecurities as well. Insecurities aren't exclusive to any one class, whether that be gender, race, age, etc.. It's all a PERSONAL issue.


No no, men have no insecurities - what are you talking about....
Well, except maybe men with very small peepee, but only them!



I may not be big, but I don't care.



No no, the men never do, it's the women....


They get what they get.
Posted 10/12/13

firefox39 wrote:


Tolfest wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


Tolfest wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:

If someone really wants to wear make-up, then go on and wear it. If not, then don't. We all have certain insecurities, so if that's why someone wears make-up (not always the case, but just if), then they're trying to feel more secure. Big deal. I do plenty of things to feel more secure about myself, big whoop.


I have no insecurities, for I am all that is man.


I've met men with insecurities as well. Insecurities aren't exclusive to any one class, whether that be gender, race, age, etc.. It's all a PERSONAL issue.


No no, men have no insecurities - what are you talking about....
Well, except maybe men with very small peepee, but only them!



I may not be big, but I don't care.



No no, the men never do, it's the women....


They get what they get.


There you go - paint your faces 3 hours a day, so you can earn our small peepee....
20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/12/13


Haha.
Posted 10/12/13


This thread turned stupid fast.
20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/12/13

-tion wrote:



This thread turned stupid fast.


Just smile and nod. Just because I joined in (and may have instigated) doesn't mean our views have changed.

Posted 10/12/13

firefox39 wrote:


-tion wrote:



This thread turned stupid fast.


Just smile and nod. Just because I joined in (and may have instigated) doesn't mean our views have changed.



Well, you made me think a great deal about why the beauty industry does so well and not just the women side. I'm gonna research into what makeup commercials work now just for fun lol
20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/12/13

-tion wrote:


firefox39 wrote:


-tion wrote:



This thread turned stupid fast.


Just smile and nod. Just because I joined in (and may have instigated) doesn't mean our views have changed.



Well, you made me think a great deal about why the beauty industry does so well and not just the women side. I'm gonna research into what makeup commercials work now just for fun lol


Haha, I could just help you and say propaganda created by the media and big business warping the world into thinking you're not pretty without their product, but ok.
20295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/12/13 , edited 10/12/13

-tion wrote:


firefox39 wrote:

Haha, I could just help you and say propaganda created by the media and big business warping the world into thinking you're not pretty without their product, but ok.


Hmm.. I used to think that was all but I liked your warrior Idea, i noticed rock music is used a lot like for Rimmel London. It's almost like a lucky charm now or feeling naked without clothes.


The warrior idea is my true feelings as to why we as humans despise people with tattoos and make up. The big business idea comes from why people these days are more insecure about themselves than those in the past. Well, the more insecure people idea is more a first world thing than it is a developing world thing, but that's pretty much where I was trying to go. Oh, and yes, I have a tattoo. I've also been a fighter all my life.
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.