First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Why is make-up viewed so negatively?
19549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 8/20/13
I've seen some girls really cake it on.
36190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 8/20/13
I say it's fine in moderation and it depends on the occasion - some nice neutral tones and maybe some light maskera or eyeliner and some lip stick. An example would be if you're a business woman then some to give you a more formal and professional look. If you're going to school or shopping or to some part time job just a little touch up. I think it's gross when girls wear a bunch of make up all the time.
15879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / Honolulu, HI
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

stoner789 wrote:

oh god what are you going to do to me


:blink: .......... well it seems me already got your attention....
46588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

ranma1half wrote:


stoner789 wrote:

oh god what are you going to do to me


:blink: .......... well it seems me already got your attention....


that gun barrel offer is still available lolz just don't abuse it
15879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / Honolulu, HI
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

stoner789 wrote:


ranma1half wrote:


stoner789 wrote:

oh god what are you going to do to me


:blink: .......... well it seems me already got your attention....


that gun barrel offer is still available lolz just don't abuse it


...... like me said to the other guy...."um...funny invitation but me have to pass...." heheh
46588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 8/21/13 , edited 8/21/13

ranma1half wrote:


stoner789 wrote:


ranma1half wrote:


stoner789 wrote:

oh god what are you going to do to me


:blink: .......... well it seems me already got your attention....


that gun barrel offer is still available lolz just don't abuse it


...... like me said to the other guy...."um...funny invitation but me have to pass...." heheh



we both know you didn't mean that
66091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
Too much makeup can be ugly, but tattoos? The tattoo removal business is booming! Nough said.
Posted 8/21/13
some do make up to feel confident about themselves and,, i think that's it. i don't wear make up so .. i really don't know. ^_ ^ )7
12799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / In my bed!
Offline
Posted 8/21/13 , edited 8/21/13
I honestly don't mind make up at all .. i just ........ rarely wear it, im too lazy, i like to sleep those extra minutes in the morning, and when i do wear it (for a party or family gathering) i take a picture because it's such a rare occasion ^^
though i've gotta say i do mind when the face becomes distorted due to too heavy make up, i have 2 friends who spends and hour doing hair and make up, and when they're done they look nothing like their beautiful natural self, which i find a shame because they have such amazing natural beauty :)


onibrotonel wrote:

Tattoos are permanent markings from temporary feelings.


i have to disagree with this. i have a tattoo on my arm which i got for a reason. i got it for 5 or 6 years ago and my feelings withing this tattoo remains the same, it's pain and sadness and a reminder to keep fighting no matter what happens. it's not a temporary feeling at all, it's something im fighting for every day, and for the rest of my life no matter what.
So i disagree ^^
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Underground
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
I think make-up is perfectly fine if done correctly...
- Some people put on way to much in the wrong way. xD

Make up can be washed off, so it's fine.

Tattoos on the other hand... They're like self-inflicted scars. I don't like them, but I couldn't care less whether or not others got them.
16987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / in the land of th...
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
I never go anywhere without my make-up bag and a tank...
9358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
As long as its not a 1/2 inch layer of white crap on the girls face or its some crazy eye shadow color like that disgusting green color. A little eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss is fine
10370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

Dropplet wrote:

Why is it viewed so negatively? It shouldn't be. Because you wear make-up doesn't make you fake or superfical. It's the same for tattoos. Why do people get tattoos? As most people see it, our body is a blank canvas and you can create what you want with it. I mean you like wearing clothes that make you feel cool or pretty right? then what's the difference in wearing make-up? I wear it because I feel pretty (Also I wear it because I'm actress) and I feel good about myself/ I' happy with the way I look without it and I can live going out without it too. Wearing make up is like making your face art is as the same for wearing clothes and having tattoos.

-So what are you're thoughts?


I looked to see if it's a dupicate but couldn't find it. So if it is please lock it, thank you!~



This is interesting. I never actually heard of it being taken negatively.
I actually find it to be, like you said; art. Like you said again, just like tattoos. To me there is nothing wrong with wearing makeup. I never considered makeup to be fake.

However, I do believe that some women look a whole lot better without it. Many of them put on make up because they want to make themselves "prettier" or "noticeable". I completely understand them, but they just do not see that even without it, their beauty is already there.

Not saying at all that there are those who NEED makeup, but yeah, that's my opinion.
Posted 8/21/13
There is "makeup" which is using products to enhance your natural looks, all the while retaining a clear view of what you look like.

Then there is "makeup" which makes you look like an entirely different person from before to after. Examples include a lot of famous people globally, things like circle lenses, wigs, heavy contouring makeup, colored contacts...etc. All of which make you look very different from before to after.

I'm fine with makeup as long as you still look like YOU after it is fully applied. Perhaps a more glamorous you, but still easily identified.
15113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle WA
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
Let's get right to the heart of this question. Females wearing makeup. Is it OK or not; and if not why not?

If you are an actor or actress, you need to wear makeup in order to portray your character properly. It is just as important as your clothing. In acting, appearance is everything.

If you are just a regular person living your life, you have to understand what is driving you to wear a little, or a lot of makeup. Are you self-conscious about your looks? Do you think people will judge you if you don't wear makeup? Are you trying to attract a mate? Are you just trying to avoid criticism from people you know? These are all difficult questions that get down to core psychological issues of fitting in, feelings of inadequacy, anxiety and anxiousness about dating and more.

Taken to extreme, vanity over one's appearance will take over and you will never be totally happy with how you look. Just look at what happens to all the rich and famous people that go in for plastic surgery to improve their appearance -- the results may please them briefly, but they don't last and usually they end up looking far worse than if they'd just left things alone.

The rule of thumb for good emotional heath is to favor authenticity over any form of artificiality, because while one may look good in makeup, you are at the same time saying to yourself "I am not OK as I am". Beauty is fleeting. We live a long time, and may or may not age gracefully. Embrace your humanity and don't obsess over your appearance.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.