First  Prev  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next  Last
Post Reply Weekly Shonen Jump Rankings
79 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Glad Illegal Rare is doing well, and I hope it continues to do so. Considering there isn't any translations out there for IR's chapters past 4, I'm happy to see the indication here that IR's story gets interesting later. Now to wait till some scanned chaps come out..

Toriko's back well and fine again as well

And seems like Bleach has gotten down this week. Curious if next week it will spike up (Kenny's Shikai Meteor Shatter Moment), I for one will hope and assume it will spike up as much as Rukia Bankai chapter did

And HxH is placed pretty low, but of course this is assuming it isnt ranked. But if it really is ranked, then considering what Ive heard from HxHs ToC performance, no surprise that its low neighboring Bleach
9230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14 , edited 6/3/14
Am I the only one surprised by how well Saiki is doing from what I have seen its premise while interesting feels almost kind of wasted. Also Bleach doing bad is disappointing but at this point I have given up on being scared for its survival because its not gonna be canceled.


One more thing about Saiki I wanna see a three man fight between him, Koro-Sensei and One-Punch Man.
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Online
Posted 6/4/14
I'm just curious but how do the Japanese view Soul Catcher(s)? It's an interesting kind of manga in JUMP but for the past few weeks it has consistently been ranked at 11th place or there about. Is it being viewed negatively or is the competition just too good. And is it in danger of being cancelled? Next issue's center colour gives me hope but...
34268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 6/4/14

ta11ey wrote:
Am I the only one surprised by how well Saiki is doing from what I have seen its premise while interesting feels almost kind of wasted. Also Bleach doing bad is disappointing but at this point I have given up on being scared for its survival because its not gonna be canceled.

One more thing about Saiki I wanna see a three man fight between him, Koro-Sensei and One-Punch Man.

Nope it doesn't feel wasted to me at all. The premise makes such a great comedy dynamic that IMO the author is executing it very well. Definitely my current favorite full blown gag manga. I kind of like AC a little bit more, but I don't consider it a 100% gag manga.
Saiki already had a crossover with AC, but it wasn't in the form of a fight. A Saiki, Koro-sensei and Saitama fight could be very interesting if it actually happened.



OMEYG wrote:
I'm just curious but how do the Japanese view Soul Catcher(s)? It's an interesting kind of manga in JUMP but for the past few weeks it has consistently been ranked at 11th place or there about. Is it being viewed negatively or is the competition just too good. And is it in danger of being cancelled? Next issue's center colour gives me hope but...

I kind of see Soul Catcher(S) in the same way as Kurogane or even Psyren (if it can survive to have more than 100 chapters). It has a decent popularity to keep it going for a certain period. Maybe this popularity will increase, maybe it won't. Obviously the next series in line for cancellation are i・Girl and Stealth Symphony, so for now I'm guessing it's still safe.
9230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/14 , edited 6/4/14


I guess I need to read a little bit more to make a better judgement . If I had to say anything about Soul Catchers popularity I'd say its just under World Triggers and thats just by going by the rankings.

Also I keep thinking that Stealth Symphony is gonna get canned but between the new villain and the new plot-line being set up I'm convinced that Jump is letting it float by based on the writers credentials alone. Which is really weird because I never got that impression that they would do that, but maybe this next story arc will be its last unless it gets popular all of a sudden.
21013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/14
Jump might let Stealth Symphony float until the next cuts because it is being carried by weekly shonen jump in the USA. I am not sure how much money they get from that but if there isn't anything thing they feel is great to replace it they might give it another 3 months.
34268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 6/4/14 , edited 6/4/14

malrick69 wrote:

Jump might let Stealth Symphony float until the next cuts because it is being carried by weekly shonen jump in the USA. I am not sure how much money they get from that but if there isn't anything thing they feel is great to replace it they might give it another 3 months.

That didn't stop them from cancelling Barrage, Takamagahra, and Cross Manage which were also published in the English Shonen Jump. Being in ESJ and being very popular with North American readers, but not the Japanese readers doesn't mean anything. If we take into consideration popularity outside of Japan, then Cross Manage shouldn't have ended as it was super popular with North American readers.


ta11ey wrote:



I guess I need to read a little bit more to make a better judgement . If I had to say anything about Soul Catchers popularity I'd say its just under World Triggers and thats just by going by the rankings.

Also I keep thinking that Stealth Symphony is gonna get canned but between the new villain and the new plot-line being set up I'm convinced that Jump is letting it float by based on the writers credentials alone. Which is really weird because I never got that impression that they would do that, but maybe this next story arc will be its last unless it gets popular all of a sudden.

Yeah I doubt they would keep a series because of how well the author's other series did. Take Saint Seiya for example, it was super popular during its time. It's one of the best selling manga, and the author had other successful manga in WSJ. Yet, when the author started a new series after Saint Seiya in WSJ it got cancelled. This was from an author who already proved that he can produce successful weekly manga for WSJ. Stealth Symphony's writer on the other hand, has never had a successful manga. Yeah he had a great amount of success with Light Novels, but that is a completely different machine.
Sogno- 
24685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/8/14
idk but i find it interesting how our interests seem to be so different from Japan's, like all those cancelled mangas mentioned. Popular anime/manga like Gintama, Hunter x Hunter, and even One Piece don't do so well abroad as they do at home. OP may be surprising but it's never done as well as Naruto, Pokemon, Bleach, DBZ, or Inuyasha as far as getting to the general populace.
34268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 6/11/14 , edited 6/15/14
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #29 ToC (June 16th, 2014):
The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki (Cover, Lead CP, 2nd Anniversary)
1- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
2- Assassination Classroom
Kuroko's Basketball (Center Color)
3- Naruto
4- The Story of Isobe Isobee
5- Haikyu!!
6- Toriko
Hinomaru Sumo (Not ranked)
7- World Trigger
Soul Catcher(S) (Center Color)
8- Nisekoi
9- Gintama
Hunter x Hunter
10- Bleach
Shinji Okazaki History ~Lifetime Diving Header~ (One-Shot, Center Color, 47 p.)
11- Kochikame
12- i・Girl
13- Illegal Rare
14- Stealth Symphony
One Piece (Absent)

WSJ #29 Cover:



Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #30 (June 23rd, 2014):
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
The Story of Isobe Isobee (Center Color)
Haikyu!! (Center Color)

Takujou no Ageha by Furuya Itsuki (One-Shot, Center Color, 47 p.)
Toriko (Absent)

WSJ #30 Preview:
79 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/11/14
Illegal Rare not looking well..... :/ hope this doesn't stay consistent..

And I knew Bleach would get a boost this week. Meteorite+Kenny Shikai=Memorable Moment in Series

And assuming for the sake of "what if," HxH is doing as bad in ToC as Bleach I see
6116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/11/14
No One Piece.its everyone's chance lol
6279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In Your Closet
Offline
Posted 6/15/14
Look like World Trigger is here to stay. The anime will probably boost its popularity too.
34268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 6/18/14 , edited 6/22/14
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #30 ToC (June 23rd, 2014):
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
1- Assassination Classroom
2- Naruto
Takujou no Ageha (One-Shot, Center Color, 47 p.)
3- The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki
4- Kuroko's Basketball
5- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
Hinomaru Sumo (Not ranked)
6- Nisekoi
Haikyu!! (Center Color)
7- Gintama
8- Bleach
The Story of Isobe Isobee (Center Color)
Inside Anu by Yuichi Hagiwara (One-Shot)
9- Illegal Rare
10- Kochikame
Hunter x Hunter
11- Stealth Symphony
12- Soul Catcher(S)
13- i・Girl
Toriko (Absent)
World Trigger (Absent)


WSJ #30 Cover:



Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #31 (June 30th, 2014):
Assassination Classroom (Cover, Lead CP, 2nd Anniversary, Major Announcement)
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Center Color)
Let's Go! Fusion by Shuhei Miyazaki (New short series lasting for 3 chapters, Center Color, 15 p.)

Tokyo Ghoul (Center Color, Special Chapter, 34 p.)

WSJ #31 Preview:
6279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In Your Closet
Offline
Posted 6/18/14
Major announcement for Assassination Classroom next week. Anime perhaps?
79 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/14
OH MY GOD, BLEACH IN TOP 8????

Totally opposite of western crowd. They unreasonably criticized ch.578 to kingdom come, but Japan loved it apparently lol

And Illegal Rare is doing mediocre, at least not bad. And HxH, assuming its ranked, is still stuck down there..
First  Prev  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.