WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What character SHOULD be a hero in the anime??
9233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Somewhere, USA
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

ayesu69 wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


ayesu69 wrote:


haziq_deathscythe12 wrote:

If there is duplicate / similiar topic, please remind me...

I think L should be a hero in death note..I think it not right to let him die too early in the anime...XD



ONLY MY OPINION!!


L, Near and and Melo is really the hero. but the story has some twist that the main character is the antagonist of the story... gets?


peas!


I would just like to say that the main character cannot be the antagonist in the story because the main character is the protagonist. A protagonist in a story can be anything from a knight in shining armor saving damsels in distress to a mad scientist that kill people for a passion. The antagonist is just the force opposing the protagonist so in death note the protagonist is light if you like it or not.

Note : not trying to be offensive just stating the facts




okie... i just said that light is the antagonist because he's the one who does the bad things... do you agree with that?



peas!



Im sorry but with the enlish literature and theatre concepts slammed into me by my school teachers i am unable to say that i agree with you, but i do get your point and way of thinking though. I would if a could, but i can't. And Light is not actually doing bad things he is just doing what he believes will benefit humanity with his own sense of justice and kills those that get in his way which to me is similiar to Machavelian principles i think to do what you need to to continue to rule. hope we can still be friends
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / A.F.K.
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:

No one in Death Note was technically the "hero" really. It was more just a battle of the minds between Light and L. and L won in the end


what are you talking about L won in the end got killed by Light trickery using miya miya shinigami

L won. He spoke to Watari before he went to the roof which would be that last time he spoke with Light. Also when he spoke to Light he said "I'm just very sad.." He knew what was happening. He knew he was going to die so when he spoke to Watari the plan was set. 5 years later light had become lax. L anticipated this and the fact that that Near beat Light is the same as L beating Light.


so what your saying is if me, you , and another guy were fighting and you beat me,but the other guy beats you that would mean that i beat you cause i tired you out

Wrong. That isn't at all what I said. I said that L planned the fact of Light losing 5 years ahead of time. The fact that the notice didn't go out to the school/foster home for so long is part of my proof in believing this. also the fact that he spoke with Watari before he died, even though they didn't show what he said. I can't say for certain whether L knew specifically that it would be Near but I can say fairly certain that L knew there would be someone there that would be able to finish the job if he set it up right.



no what i believe L told Watari was he was gonna die and he chose his successor not to plan out this whole fiasco of having near beat Light. Near and Mello were the one to defeat Light not L. Im not saying L did not lax or make Light less weary of the fact that he has beaten the only possible person that could have caught him and didnt think there were any others there that were able to get him. The evidence your showing me is practically inconclusive what your going on is an assumption not fact. What i can say is neither of us really know what L told Watari cause if i remember correctly Watari died right after L did.

Actually I think Watari Died before L. but anything that's said about this matter is technically inconclusive. I drew my point from this and rooted everything back to L because I believe that he was intelligent enough to pull something like this off. When you think about it like that it doesn't seem so far-fetched really. L was intelligent enough to pull it off and the course of events that occurred lead me to believe that when it comes back to it, it really was because of L that Light lost. I don't want to say it for fact but it's easily conceivable to think of L be capable and tracing back that final loss of Light.



Oh really i remembered it the other way but havent watch the anime since around february of last year so its pretty foggy. I really dont have anything against your ideas the L was capable of doing such a mastermind of a plan. Im just going with the evidence that ive seen the Near was the succesor to L is what Watari sent to The orphanage i think it was, but i can believe that L helped in the eventual downfall of light because on a basis of intellect i believe L and Light were pretty much equal cause if Light was able to pull of an elaborate plan to kill L its possible the L would have been able to do the same to light,but this is all inconclusive evidence and pondering thoughts of Death Note veiwers so we might not be able to find out the truth, so i will stick with the facts i got and say that Near and Mello brought Light down no L.

Oh that's well and fine really (^_^) Just as an L fan I saw a way that it still could be L that won in the end. Of course I agree it was Near that finally turned the knife in Light's back and ended him. I just bring it back to, as you said, L having a hand larger than any other individual in the series to beating Light. Also I do believe that L was a bit more intelligent than Light. The reason I think this is that L battled on par with Light even though L was at a disadvantage the entire story up til his death. Light had the supernatural power and had much more solid information than L ever did. L was creating information from very little. And in legal systems it's harder to prove someone guilty than it is to prove them innocent in most cases so L had the "short stack" or so to speak.

857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / if you know where...
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

beanz624 wrote:


ayesu69 wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


ayesu69 wrote:


haziq_deathscythe12 wrote:

If there is duplicate / similiar topic, please remind me...

I think L should be a hero in death note..I think it not right to let him die too early in the anime...XD



ONLY MY OPINION!!


L, Near and and Melo is really the hero. but the story has some twist that the main character is the antagonist of the story... gets?


peas!


I would just like to say that the main character cannot be the antagonist in the story because the main character is the protagonist. A protagonist in a story can be anything from a knight in shining armor saving damsels in distress to a mad scientist that kill people for a passion. The antagonist is just the force opposing the protagonist so in death note the protagonist is light if you like it or not.

Note : not trying to be offensive just stating the facts




okie... i just said that light is the antagonist because he's the one who does the bad things... do you agree with that?



peas!



Im sorry but with the enlish literature and theatre concepts slammed into me by my school teachers i am unable to say that i agree with you, but i do get your point and way of thinking though. I would if a could, but i can't. And Light is not actually doing bad things he is just doing what he believes will benefit humanity with his own sense of justice and kills those that get in his way which to me is similiar to Machavelian principles i think to do what you need to to continue to rule. hope we can still be friends





(but killing is a crime! it says in the bible that 'thou shall not kill!)


i'm okay... peas tayo!
9233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Somewhere, USA
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

ayesu69 wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


ayesu69 wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


ayesu69 wrote:


haziq_deathscythe12 wrote:

If there is duplicate / similiar topic, please remind me...

I think L should be a hero in death note..I think it not right to let him die too early in the anime...XD



ONLY MY OPINION!!


L, Near and and Melo is really the hero. but the story has some twist that the main character is the antagonist of the story... gets?


peas!


I would just like to say that the main character cannot be the antagonist in the story because the main character is the protagonist. A protagonist in a story can be anything from a knight in shining armor saving damsels in distress to a mad scientist that kill people for a passion. The antagonist is just the force opposing the protagonist so in death note the protagonist is light if you like it or not.

Note : not trying to be offensive just stating the facts




okie... i just said that light is the antagonist because he's the one who does the bad things... do you agree with that?



peas!



Im sorry but with the enlish literature and theatre concepts slammed into me by my school teachers i am unable to say that i agree with you, but i do get your point and way of thinking though. I would if a could, but i can't. And Light is not actually doing bad things he is just doing what he believes will benefit humanity with his own sense of justice and kills those that get in his way which to me is similiar to Machavelian principles i think to do what you need to to continue to rule. hope we can still be friends





(but killing is a crime! it says in the bible that 'thou shall not kill!)


i'm okay... peas tayo!


well at least were good

p.s.- im not very biblical
9233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Somewhere, USA
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:

No one in Death Note was technically the "hero" really. It was more just a battle of the minds between Light and L. and L won in the end


what are you talking about L won in the end got killed by Light trickery using miya miya shinigami

L won. He spoke to Watari before he went to the roof which would be that last time he spoke with Light. Also when he spoke to Light he said "I'm just very sad.." He knew what was happening. He knew he was going to die so when he spoke to Watari the plan was set. 5 years later light had become lax. L anticipated this and the fact that that Near beat Light is the same as L beating Light.


so what your saying is if me, you , and another guy were fighting and you beat me,but the other guy beats you that would mean that i beat you cause i tired you out

Wrong. That isn't at all what I said. I said that L planned the fact of Light losing 5 years ahead of time. The fact that the notice didn't go out to the school/foster home for so long is part of my proof in believing this. also the fact that he spoke with Watari before he died, even though they didn't show what he said. I can't say for certain whether L knew specifically that it would be Near but I can say fairly certain that L knew there would be someone there that would be able to finish the job if he set it up right.



no what i believe L told Watari was he was gonna die and he chose his successor not to plan out this whole fiasco of having near beat Light. Near and Mello were the one to defeat Light not L. Im not saying L did not lax or make Light less weary of the fact that he has beaten the only possible person that could have caught him and didnt think there were any others there that were able to get him. The evidence your showing me is practically inconclusive what your going on is an assumption not fact. What i can say is neither of us really know what L told Watari cause if i remember correctly Watari died right after L did.

Actually I think Watari Died before L. but anything that's said about this matter is technically inconclusive. I drew my point from this and rooted everything back to L because I believe that he was intelligent enough to pull something like this off. When you think about it like that it doesn't seem so far-fetched really. L was intelligent enough to pull it off and the course of events that occurred lead me to believe that when it comes back to it, it really was because of L that Light lost. I don't want to say it for fact but it's easily conceivable to think of L be capable and tracing back that final loss of Light.



Oh really i remembered it the other way but havent watch the anime since around february of last year so its pretty foggy. I really dont have anything against your ideas the L was capable of doing such a mastermind of a plan. Im just going with the evidence that ive seen the Near was the succesor to L is what Watari sent to The orphanage i think it was, but i can believe that L helped in the eventual downfall of light because on a basis of intellect i believe L and Light were pretty much equal cause if Light was able to pull of an elaborate plan to kill L its possible the L would have been able to do the same to light,but this is all inconclusive evidence and pondering thoughts of Death Note veiwers so we might not be able to find out the truth, so i will stick with the facts i got and say that Near and Mello brought Light down no L.

Oh that's well and fine really (^_^) Just as an L fan I saw a way that it still could be L that won in the end. Of course I agree it was Near that finally turned the knife in Light's back and ended him. I just bring it back to, as you said, L having a hand larger than any other individual in the series to beating Light. Also I do believe that L was a bit more intelligent than Light. The reason I think this is that L battled on par with Light even though L was at a disadvantage the entire story up til his death. Light had the supernatural power and had much more solid information than L ever did. L was creating information from very little. And in legal systems it's harder to prove someone guilty than it is to prove them innocent in most cases so L had the "short stack" or so to speak.



well why dont we just agree to disagree on the few aspects that were arguing about, but i do believe your right that Light had a slight advantage but i put them equal because of light's mastermind plan to actually make himself forget about the Death Note altogether to find away to get close to L with was it Miya Miya or Misa Misa never liked the character so didnt really care to remember her name, and finally kill L is what put let me put the intelligence on par with each other, remember L had the technology and might that light didn't have he build a freaking building just to capture kira if im not mistaken
49169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / bananaheim
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
ulquiorra! hes too cool to be a bad guy!
2062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / M.I.A
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Shinn Asuka should've done the right thing to do not Kira yamato doing the right thing again... =.=
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / A.F.K.
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:


beanz624 wrote:


leonprimrose wrote:

No one in Death Note was technically the "hero" really. It was more just a battle of the minds between Light and L. and L won in the end


what are you talking about L won in the end got killed by Light trickery using miya miya shinigami

L won. He spoke to Watari before he went to the roof which would be that last time he spoke with Light. Also when he spoke to Light he said "I'm just very sad.." He knew what was happening. He knew he was going to die so when he spoke to Watari the plan was set. 5 years later light had become lax. L anticipated this and the fact that that Near beat Light is the same as L beating Light.


so what your saying is if me, you , and another guy were fighting and you beat me,but the other guy beats you that would mean that i beat you cause i tired you out

Wrong. That isn't at all what I said. I said that L planned the fact of Light losing 5 years ahead of time. The fact that the notice didn't go out to the school/foster home for so long is part of my proof in believing this. also the fact that he spoke with Watari before he died, even though they didn't show what he said. I can't say for certain whether L knew specifically that it would be Near but I can say fairly certain that L knew there would be someone there that would be able to finish the job if he set it up right.



no what i believe L told Watari was he was gonna die and he chose his successor not to plan out this whole fiasco of having near beat Light. Near and Mello were the one to defeat Light not L. Im not saying L did not lax or make Light less weary of the fact that he has beaten the only possible person that could have caught him and didnt think there were any others there that were able to get him. The evidence your showing me is practically inconclusive what your going on is an assumption not fact. What i can say is neither of us really know what L told Watari cause if i remember correctly Watari died right after L did.

Actually I think Watari Died before L. but anything that's said about this matter is technically inconclusive. I drew my point from this and rooted everything back to L because I believe that he was intelligent enough to pull something like this off. When you think about it like that it doesn't seem so far-fetched really. L was intelligent enough to pull it off and the course of events that occurred lead me to believe that when it comes back to it, it really was because of L that Light lost. I don't want to say it for fact but it's easily conceivable to think of L be capable and tracing back that final loss of Light.



Oh really i remembered it the other way but havent watch the anime since around february of last year so its pretty foggy. I really dont have anything against your ideas the L was capable of doing such a mastermind of a plan. Im just going with the evidence that ive seen the Near was the succesor to L is what Watari sent to The orphanage i think it was, but i can believe that L helped in the eventual downfall of light because on a basis of intellect i believe L and Light were pretty much equal cause if Light was able to pull of an elaborate plan to kill L its possible the L would have been able to do the same to light,but this is all inconclusive evidence and pondering thoughts of Death Note veiwers so we might not be able to find out the truth, so i will stick with the facts i got and say that Near and Mello brought Light down no L.

Oh that's well and fine really (^_^) Just as an L fan I saw a way that it still could be L that won in the end. Of course I agree it was Near that finally turned the knife in Light's back and ended him. I just bring it back to, as you said, L having a hand larger than any other individual in the series to beating Light. Also I do believe that L was a bit more intelligent than Light. The reason I think this is that L battled on par with Light even though L was at a disadvantage the entire story up til his death. Light had the supernatural power and had much more solid information than L ever did. L was creating information from very little. And in legal systems it's harder to prove someone guilty than it is to prove them innocent in most cases so L had the "short stack" or so to speak.



well why dont we just agree to disagree on the few aspects that were arguing about, but i do believe your right that Light had a slight advantage but i put them equal because of light's mastermind plan to actually make himself forget about the Death Note altogether to find away to get close to L with was it Miya Miya or Misa Misa never liked the character so didnt really care to remember her name, and finally kill L is what put let me put the intelligence on par with each other, remember L had the technology and might that light didn't have he build a freaking building just to capture kira if im not mistaken


lol that's very true. I hadn't taken into account L's assets when comparing L to Light. Yeah that would even them out a bit. definitely.
15242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / In the "Throne of...
Offline
Posted 2/1/08

UchihaBoi wrote:


enalij wrote:

i think sauke should be the hero at naruto......


I totally disagree, it should remain the same....naruto as the main character


Yeah. naruto's way better than sasuke
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 2/1/08
Agree with Chutpimp, Ulquiorra is just too cool.
37808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in my cave
Offline
Posted 7/30/09
outdated
Posted 7/30/09
I think every anime character is okay in their spots no changes
34529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Undisclosed Location
Offline
Posted 7/30/09
Dead thread.

Locked.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.