First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Dreams and Reality
18708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/13
life sucks. In life, nothing can get done and nothing can change. So I refuse to believe that life actually exists. I believe that what we perceive as being awake and living is actually a false dream. I believe that what we consider a "dream" to be real life.

Reason being is that in what we say a "dream" anything can be done, we can do anything, we can be anyone, and we can change who we are. In what we perceive as reality, nothing can change, and we can't do anything. Our actions have no meaning to them and can change nothing.

On the small scale, yes, helping someone can change someone, but it doesn't change the world. Once I die no one will remember me or anything I did, so my actions have no effect on what happens.

But what we say as our "dreams" ( I think dreams are the true reality ) we can be remembered, and we can change the world.

If you think about it, what we do in our dreams can be more real then what we do in "reality". I know when I do something in my dream, or I talk to someone or something that I wouldn't normally do, I feel really good when I wake up or go to sleep from the dream world/reality.
But if I talk to someone or do something I don't get the same feeling as I did when I was in the other reality.

Why are we so restricted in this reality?
Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
Why did the creator put no restrictions on the other reality(dreams)?
Are dreams supposed to inspire us in this reality?
Does this reality inspire us in the other reality?

So my summed up conclusion is that there are two realities to this world. It's just up to the individual which you choose to be real. You may say I have no life in this reality, but in my reality I live the most exciting life anyone could possibly live.
28939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 6/26/13
Live wherever the heck you want to live. If you think a video game is a better reality then +100 stamina to you. If you choose dreamworld as your reality, do it up amazingly. If you choose "reality" as the real one, then pursue something you dream of and don't stop, ever. Either way, it's like you said, you can do anything.


schnipdip wrote:
Why are we so restricted in this reality?
Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
Why did the creator put no restrictions on the other reality(dreams)?
Are dreams supposed to inspire us in this reality?
Does this reality inspire us in the other reality?


-We're restricted in this reality because we must take our time, time is always of the essence. Stop to smell the roses once in a while.

-Creator might not have said this way or another. We've adapted, and in time we'll adapt so far that what you dream; flying, running at immeasurable speeds, traveling to distant planets, making out with your crush, whatever you want to do, you can do it. (last one you could do now if you wanted to)

-Yes, I think dreams are a way for us to pursue something further in life. In this reality, you witness other dreams come true. A great man once dreamed of a talking mouse named Mickey. Because of this dream turned reality, hundreds or more artists took that inspiration and made their dreams come true. This is just one example of course.

I believe you need to be strong in what we call "reality" because dreamworld is too easy. It's why it's just a dream, something easily attainable through stimulation of the mind. That being said, I still feel like whatever you want to do, you can do. If there's a dream, there's a pathway back to reality.

These are all opinions, no facts, except for mickey mouse being an inspiration, maybe. And influence im under.
9032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/27/13
Hmm, I don't think we get any control over our dreams. So it would seem that we are actually more effective in the real world (provided we have more than just a feeling of free will).

I don't follow your logic, but I do feel the same burning question - why *this* reality? What's the point of it all?

If you just choose to change what you define as "real", you still have the problem that there is the waking world, which you have to deal with, and the dream world, which you're happy to enjoy. Or perhaps it makes more sense if we call them World A and World B.

What constitutes your "real"?
12562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

what we do in our dreams can be more real then what we do in "reality"

Wouldn't it suck if you killed someone in your dream, but it turns out you weren't dreaming?
13305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/13 , edited 6/28/13
Why are we so restricted in this reality?
Because life itself is a restriction, you didn't choose to be born, you were given life by the ones who birthed you. If there was freedom wouldn't we have a choice to choose our 'vessels' for this reality?

Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
If you could do everything, life would be boring. If there was no time limit (death) then there would be no urgency to 'live'.

Why did the creator put no restrictions on the other reality(dreams)?
Its not that there aren't restrictions, its just our minds have the ability to overcome those restrictions. Its our imaginations that break this barrier, and its because of this that can cause many to hallucinate. This is heightened when we sleep since we close off most of our sensory receptors. If you don't believe this to be true, try a sensory deprivation tank for 8+ hours straight.

Are dreams supposed to inspire us in this reality?
Depends on the dream.

Does this reality inspire us in the other reality?
Yes, because everything we are and do is stored in our subconscious, in turn affecting our dreams.


Bahaha i had fun answering these.
7587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
Well I don't dream and I never have, so it's kind of hard for me to believe that the 'dream world' or whatever is the true reality... (or are you saying I myself am not a part of reality?)

Why are we so restricted in this reality?
Life is full of restrictions because restrictions are a part of life. (If life had no restrictions would we really be living or would that itself be a dream?)

Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
If we could do everything we wanted, life would no longer be full of so many surprises (good or bad) and we would have no goals for us to try to reach (What are you supposed to do after you've done everything?)
(and depending on what people wanted to do, it could turn out in total chaos for the rest of the world)

Why did the creator put no restrictions on the other reality(dreams)?
I do believe there are restrictions in the other 'reality' as well. (If you don't have restrictions in the other reality, does that mean you're saying there is nothing you haven't been able to do in your dreams?)

Are dreams supposed to inspire us in this reality?
I think every dream (even a nightmare) has at least one way to inspire us, but it is up to us to decide if we will let it.

Does this reality inspire us in the other reality?
Yes, we are inspired by what happens us or what we see in this reality. (If you have ever had a nightmare because of something you watched or saw then you know this is true)
64622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/1/13

schnipdip wrote:
On the small scale, yes, helping someone can change someone, but it doesn't change the world. Once I die no one will remember me or anything I did, so my actions have no effect on what happens.


I am actually quite happy with that to be honest. I realize that many people want to "leave their mark on history", as it were, but I have no interest in doing so. If I wanted to, it is entirely possible that I could. If I could change the world, would that make it any better, or would it make it worse? Even if I had the best of intentions, I could cause more (and worse) issues than I solved by changing the world. No, I'd rather pass away in mediocrity. I never had any such thing as ambition to begin with, though.

Why are we so restricted in this reality?
We aren't all that restricted. We can change a great number of things about ourselves, for instance. Maybe not physicality, but your mental/emotional state, personality, likes, dislikes, daily decisions, etc., all can be changed. Should I be able to change others? What if they don't want to be changed in the way I want them to? Being restricted to changing yourself is really for the best.

Are dreams supposed to inspire us in this reality?
The primary purpose of dreams is keep your mind entertained while your body is at rest. A secondary purpose is to help you work out the problems/concerns that you have in reality.

18708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:


what we do in our dreams can be more real then what we do in "reality"

Wouldn't it suck if you killed someone in your dream, but it turns out you weren't dreaming?


You see I got to thinking about that. And what I was able to conclude that since we have the conscious and the subconscious that it's like two different worlds.

Our body is in one world, but there is another world that we could also exist in. What if our subconscious had our body and what we see and do? So we would be living in the other reality/world and I believe that if we were to dream in that reality that our dreams would be what we do in our current reality.

You see, if we kill someone in our subconscious/ 2nd reality, they don't actually die. Main reason being is that we didn't kill their body. So, we can go sleep again and see them in our dreams again and again, no matter how many times we kill them. But, if we do that in this reality, then they are actually going to die because we killed their body.

I was thinking that our body is like a shell to case our minds. If we were to take our brains and place it in another body that body would still function properly. So by saying that our minds are located inside of a shell inside one reality, when there are two realities, there is a possibility to exist in the other reality if our minds existed there.

I don't know, just a thought on killing someone in our reality and the second reality.
9032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

sassy1999 wrote:

Well I don't dream and I never have


are you a robot?
9032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

schnipdip wrote:

I was thinking that our body is like a shell to case our minds. If we were to take our brains and place it in another body that body would still function properly. So by saying that our minds are located inside of a shell inside one reality, when there are two realities, there is a possibility to exist in the other reality if our minds existed there.


you are very imaginative. sounds like the beginnings of a cool anime.
18708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

sassy1999 wrote:

Well I don't dream and I never have, so it's kind of hard for me to believe that the 'dream world' or whatever is the true reality... (or are you saying I myself am not a part of reality?)



No, I am saying there are two realities. And we only exist in one of the realities, but it's possible that we can exist in the other reality (dream).
To me it has always seemed weird that I am more happy in my dreams then in "the real world". So I was thinking that if the main goal of humans is to be happy, then this reality for me isn't the reality I was supposed to be in. I was supposed to be in the other reality (dream) where I am happy.

I used earlier that there are two worlds. ( I can post a picture of a drawing later of what I mean exactly ). And that we (our physical being) exists in one of the realities. Why else would we dream of another world that is greater then our own? How can I dream of something that I have never heard of nor thought about?

For instance, one of my dreams was that I was able to fly. Yes, I thought it would be cool to fly, but not in the way I did my dream. The way I was able to fly was I would have to get a running start and there had to be a wind current. Then I would leap forward and fly, almost like a kite would.

The only way I can think of how I was able to dream something like that was that I somehow equated the mechanics of a kite and implemented it into me.

Now I have had dreams where I wasn't able to open my eyes. I think this would be that my mind didn't make the full transition into the second reality, and so I was in a limbo like state where I was still in this reality and part in the other reality.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Nashville
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

jackodawhacko wrote:

Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
If you could do everything, life would be boring. If there was no time limit (death) then there would be no urgency to 'live'.



Thank you for this great quote. It's so true.
18708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

Sharpxe wrote:


jackodawhacko wrote:

Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
If you could do everything, life would be boring. If there was no time limit (death) then there would be no urgency to 'live'.



Thank you for this great quote. It's so true.


Yes, I agree with you too some extent. But, can you say that we as humans are living? By living do you mean hiding behind technology like cell phones, video games, and TV? Or by seeing the world? How are we living if all we do is work all day, then come home to house that we paid for by working and waking up and putting on clothes that we had to work for? If working is living, granted I do believe that working is necessary for economic growth, but it doesn't bring happiness. Is there a saying that money can't buy happiness?

If we spend most of our day not being happy and all stressed out and we spend most of our time sleeping (reality 2) having fun and being happy, then isn't reality 2 living?
11345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Why are we so restricted in this reality?
"Reality" How do we know that this is reality? When we dream reality seems dizzy, when we're awake our dreams seems dizzy.
Also each mans reality may be another ones dream. What if the people we dream about actually live in reality? And the ones we meet here are
actually people dreaming?

Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
Restrictions? The restrictions lay in your mind. There are more thing we can do, then what we can't. But they are both uncountable, since there are billions of things we can do and billions of things we can't do.

Why did the creator put no restrictions on the other reality(dreams)?
There are restrictions in our dreams too, we can't dream about people we've never seen, our brain can't create things we haven't seen.

Are dreams supposed to inspire us in this reality?
Maybe, maybe not! I would say there are always something in our dreams that are there to guide us some way. it's really difficult to understand
it most of the times tho.

Does this reality inspire us in the other reality?
Probably, they both kinda live in symbiosis.
13305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13

schnipdip wrote:


Sharpxe wrote:


jackodawhacko wrote:

Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
If you could do everything, life would be boring. If there was no time limit (death) then there would be no urgency to 'live'.



Thank you for this great quote. It's so true.


Yes, I agree with you too some extent. But, can you say that we as humans are living? By living do you mean hiding behind technology like cell phones, video games, and TV? Or by seeing the world? How are we living if all we do is work all day, then come home to house that we paid for by working and waking up and putting on clothes that we had to work for? If working is living, granted I do believe that working is necessary for economic growth, but it doesn't bring happiness. Is there a saying that money can't buy happiness?

If we spend most of our day not being happy and all stressed out and we spend most of our time sleeping (reality 2) having fun and being happy, then isn't reality 2 living?


Living is not doing, living is simply being.

Happiness as subjective as it is, however, is only attained by the people who truly wish to attain it. Misery is easy; because it's easy the majority of people would rather just live with it or worse yet take the easier route and suicide. Happiness actually requires you to work for it. If you want to be happy then you have to find what it is that makes you happy. That in itself is a journey.

Sleeping is easy my friend. Being able to go achieve and go beyond those dreams is part of this life/reality. At the end of the day though, a regular person simply contemplates about how life should be, but a great person will try to change it.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.