Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Dreams and Reality
16662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

jackodawhacko wrote:


schnipdip wrote:


Sharpxe wrote:


jackodawhacko wrote:

Why did the creator of this reality put so many restrictions on what we can do?
If you could do everything, life would be boring. If there was no time limit (death) then there would be no urgency to 'live'.



Thank you for this great quote. It's so true.


Yes, I agree with you too some extent. But, can you say that we as humans are living? By living do you mean hiding behind technology like cell phones, video games, and TV? Or by seeing the world? How are we living if all we do is work all day, then come home to house that we paid for by working and waking up and putting on clothes that we had to work for? If working is living, granted I do believe that working is necessary for economic growth, but it doesn't bring happiness. Is there a saying that money can't buy happiness?

If we spend most of our day not being happy and all stressed out and we spend most of our time sleeping (reality 2) having fun and being happy, then isn't reality 2 living?


Living is not doing, living is simply being.

Happiness as subjective as it is, however, is only attained by the people who truly wish to attain it. Misery is easy; because it's easy the majority of people would rather just live with it or worse yet take the easier route and suicide. Happiness actually requires you to work for it. If you want to be happy then you have to find what it is that makes you happy. That in itself is a journey.

Sleeping is easy my friend. Being able to go achieve and go beyond those dreams is part of this life/reality. At the end of the day though, a regular person simply contemplates about how life should be, but a great person will try to change it.


Sleeping is easy. Happiness doesn't have to be hard, nor do you have to work for it. Happiness can't be obtained by everyone who wants it and works for it.

This topic isn't about happiness.

Going on what you were saying though. A lot of people perceive "happiness" to be almost like lust. You think you are happy, but you're not. It's not about how easy it is to obtain. Someone can work their whole life trying to get ahead in life and they do, but they will soon find out that they aren't happy if all they have is money. Like I said, money can't buy happiness.

Now a lot of people say that they thought they were happy, till they found love and had children. Then that's when they realized that they had found true happiness. So, it's just being and able to love by and for others is what genuinely makes a person happy in life.

The people that don't have that and are flaunting their wealth with fancy cars and big houses are living a lie. They want to make themselves believe that they are happy and that the things they buy will fill some whole that they are missing in life.

I know myself first hand that I am not happy. I don't have to work to terribly hard at my job, nor do I get paid much. I also don't have a family to support. My parent's have spoiled me by buying me things, like a new car, video games, etc. I tell myself that I am happy, because I can't accept the fact that I am not happy. I try to fill what I am missing with material goods that mean nothing.
The one thing I can tell you that I have never had was love. I have never loved another person (disregarding my parents), nor has anyone loved me. Meaning I haven't had a girlfriend to put it simple. I can tell you that I think about it all the time; I tell myself I don't need love (because I have never had it, so it's to hard for me to admit it, I have too much pride), but deep down I know that is what will make me happy, it's the one thing that will fill this hole in my heart.

I find it hard to sympathize with other people that have had love and threw it away and then complain and cry about it. If I had a girlfriend I would cherish the very ground that she walked on.

So, I conclude this topic on happiness that the basis of true happiness comes from love. And I can tie this into reality 2 (dreams) by saying that I can be loved in dreams. I can have a girlfriend in my dreams, I can have friends in my dreams, I can feel happy. But, when I wake up all I feel is pain and the truth that love will never be for me.
16662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

Davisx3m wrote:


Why did the creator put no restrictions on the other reality(dreams)?
There are restrictions in our dreams too, we can't dream about people we've never seen, our brain can't create things we haven't seen.



This is false. I have had dreams where I have had girlfriends, and since I am a recluse and don't get out much nor talk to girls at all it would seem illogical that I can have a girlfriend in my dreams if I can't dream of things I have seen.

Another thing is that I have dreamed that I had an older sister. I can tell you that I am an only child and that the person who was my sister was someone whom I have never met nor seen in my life.

Now it seems logical that if our brains can create anything in dreams that it could also create people in dreams too.
11259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13

schnipdip wrote:

This topic isn't about happiness.

Going on what you were saying though. A lot of people perceive "happiness" to be almost like lust. You think you are happy, but you're not. It's not about how easy it is to obtain. Someone can work their whole life trying to get ahead in life and they do, but they will soon find out that they aren't happy if all they have is money. Like I said, money can't buy happiness.

Now a lot of people say that they thought they were happy, till they found love and had children. Then that's when they realized that they had found true happiness. So, it's just being and able to love by and for others is what genuinely makes a person happy in life.

The people that don't have that and are flaunting their wealth with fancy cars and big houses are living a lie. They want to make themselves believe that they are happy and that the things they buy will fill some whole that they are missing in life.

I know myself first hand that I am not happy. I don't have to work to terribly hard at my job, nor do I get paid much. I also don't have a family to support. My parent's have spoiled me by buying me things, like a new car, video games, etc. I tell myself that I am happy, because I can't accept the fact that I am not happy. I try to fill what I am missing with material goods that mean nothing.
The one thing I can tell you that I have never had was love. I have never loved another person (disregarding my parents), nor has anyone loved me. Meaning I haven't had a girlfriend to put it simple. I can tell you that I think about it all the time; I tell myself I don't need love (because I have never had it, so it's to hard for me to admit it, I have too much pride), but deep down I know that is what will make me happy, it's the one thing that will fill this hole in my heart.

I find it hard to sympathize with other people that have had love and threw it away and then complain and cry about it. If I had a girlfriend I would cherish the very ground that she walked on.

So, I conclude this topic on happiness that the basis of true happiness comes from love. And I can tie this into reality 2 (dreams) by saying that I can be loved in dreams. I can have a girlfriend in my dreams, I can have friends in my dreams, I can feel happy. But, when I wake up all I feel is pain and the truth that love will never be for me.


See and that's the point i'm trying to make.. You want love, but how does one attain love? Have you ever loved someone? Have you experienced such a thing as love? If love will make you happy, is that not the true test of your own value? In dreams you don't know what the girls are thinking, nor do you even know the reasons as to why they even like you. You were never in the shoes of a person who has experienced a relationship, so therefore you can't say that you won't do the same things if you had experienced it. I always say Trust a person by what they do, not by what they say.

I digress though, on to the case and point. How does one dream up a feeling they have never experienced before? I ask this because you can't dream up either. For example if you never smoked weed or taken e before, do you think a dream can emulate such feelings and effects that you get from taking those drugs?

Dreams are nothing but that, figments of our subconscious thoughts and desires. Its just some have an easier time immersing themselves within them. There is no 'reality 2' just another word for escapism.
9345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

schnipdip wrote:


Davisx3m wrote:


Why did the creator put no restrictions on the other reality(dreams)?
There are restrictions in our dreams too, we can't dream about people we've never seen, our brain can't create things we haven't seen.



This is false. I have had dreams where I have had girlfriends, and since I am a recluse and don't get out much nor talk to girls at all it would seem illogical that I can have a girlfriend in my dreams if I can't dream of things I have seen.

Another thing is that I have dreamed that I had an older sister. I can tell you that I am an only child and that the person who was my sister was someone whom I have never met nor seen in my life.

Now it seems logical that if our brains can create anything in dreams that it could also create people in dreams too.


You misunderstood me, I mean you can't dream of faces you've never seen.
The girlfriend/sisters you've dreamed about have had faces of some girl you've seen sometime in the time of your existance.
IRL or perheps in games or movies, etc. But our brain can't create faces.

Posted 7/4/13
There is no difference between dreams and "reality". Dreams and reality are constructs of the mind.
7465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / trapped
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Dreams: I touched a bear dog today
Reality: I touched an old man
35160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 7/6/13

schnipdip wrote:





It seems to me, you're still basing your happiness on other people's ideal of happiness.
Yes, love can give you happiness, but at the same time, it might also give you incredible sadness and pain. It can go both ways depending on who you meet.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I'm sure you're bound to meet someone before you turn 30, the reality of love is that, in most cases, you won't get the feeling right away, you'll ask yourself, "Do I want to spend my life with this person?" or "Is this the type of girl I really want?"...



Reply to original post: I can agree with you on one thing, dreams are more fun and more exciting than reality, anything can happen there, however reality 1 is the real reality.
Banned
35665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

schnipdip wrote:

life sucks. In life, nothing can get done and nothing can change.


We just don't have the cojones to go through with necessary risk and sacrifice.
27276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
Why are we so restricted in this reality?


I say we are in part cause of our mind set. If we could get past this anything is possible.


Why did the creator of this reality and put so many restrictions on what we can do?

Good question. Well that if there is creator to began with. As far as we know it it might just be one big program that's running none stop.
It is this way cause we have YET UNLOCKED THE CODE. i freel

Why did the creator put no restrictions on the other reality(dreams)?

the SAME GOES FOR DREAMS TOO

Are dreams supposed to inspire us in this reality?

I think they are there to help us deal with reality and inspire as well.

Does this reality inspire us in the other reality?

Yes it dose so that we may create our own realities.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.