First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
New shows being simulcast
19298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
ok, some of the new shows that are being put on here i dont agree with. and in a thread that was supposed to be about the new shows my post about how one of them "free" being a disgrace to the site, they took them down, because they were "offtopic". how is posting about one of the anime in the new lineup offtopic? p.s. does anyone else think free AKA Yaoi swimteam, shouldnt be put on the site?
136460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
I'm cool with it.
Is-9 
14280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Denmark
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

moestheman wrote:

ok, some of the new shows that are being put on here i dont agree with. and in a thread that was supposed to be about the new shows my post about how one of them "free" being a disgrace to the site, they took them down, because they were "offtopic". how is posting about one of the anime in the new lineup offtopic? p.s. does anyone else think free AKA Yaoi swimteam, shouldnt be put on the site?


Okay, I'll bite (again): As I said in the other thread (it really was offtopic, btw, we were getting into discussing other shows on CR instead of the newly announced ones, sorry about that mods), Free! is no more offensive than the host of fanservice shows for guys with yuri hints in them already on the site. And besides Free! not being a yaoi show, guy/guy romance is not unseen on Crunchyroll to begin with - Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi has been streaming here for a while. So your argument about Free! not being appropriate for Crunchyroll because of yaoi undertones doesn't hold water, guy/guy romance already exists in the lineup.
24614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/13 , edited 6/28/13
I don't see what the big deal you are having is. I don't have much interest in the show at present, but it just seems like a sports anime containing fanservice for women. I don't see anything about the story being Yaoi at all, and even if it were as long as it wasn't sexually explicit I don't see the problem with it being on CR.

Honestly with your attitude you just come off as a homophobe, that freaks out over seeing bishounen in their swimsuits and cry's "GAY!". Since there is no information that I can see that this anime is in anyway about homosexuality, I can't help but think that you are repressing something when you see guys in their swimsuits.
215285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

moestheman wrote:

ok, some of the new shows that are being put on here i dont agree with. and in a thread that was supposed to be about the new shows my post about how one of them "free" being a disgrace to the site, they took them down, because they were "offtopic". how is posting about one of the anime in the new lineup offtopic? p.s. does anyone else think free AKA Yaoi swimteam, shouldnt be put on the site?

Free! isn't yaoi.



71048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/28/13 , edited 6/28/13
Nothing wrong with it, especially compared to all the smut (no offense to anyone) that's here aimed at guys. It's not yaoi either; that means male homosexuality. Free! is just about pretty boys who go swimming for girls to fawn over.

I wouldn't have an issue even if it was yaoi, though. People need to get over this whole "homosexuality is evil" thing.
45439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
I'm not going to front when I first saw the announcement trailer I was like "What's this shit?" But meh. Another show I don't care about and won't be watching. And this site is PG so to say, so bashful or slightly explicit comments will be edited and or taken down if a mod catches you or someone reports it.

But other then that don't complain man. If you have a big problem with it just go else where or keep your mouth shut about it. Its one or the other

19298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
ive seen the other show thats totally yaoi, im not gonna say its name here, but thats one thing. the thing about free that makes it so insidious is that at 1st glance the shounen ai isnt all that apparent. but on a subliminal level its there and that sends out a message to young boys that watch it. i dont mind that this kind of thing exists, but they shouldnt be on this site imo. im not a webmaster or mod so i know my opinion on these matters dont go far.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
"I don't like this show so no one else should enjoy it either!"

If you don't like a show, you don't have to watch it.
76470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Online
Posted 6/28/13 , edited 6/28/13
You are passing judgement when we havent seen the anime.

Not all anime is for everyone and besides CR has anime with girls quiet the opposite to this.

19298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

"I don't like this show so no one else should enjoy it either!"

If you don't like a show, you don't have to watch it.


i wont watch the show, but i also believe that people have the right to know what they are watching. even if its disguised as something else.
104087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
actually since you're a paying customer your opinion matters.

at least more than mine...
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 6/28/13 , edited 6/28/13

moestheman wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

"I don't like this show so no one else should enjoy it either!"

If you don't like a show, you don't have to watch it.


i wont watch the show, but i also believe that people have the right to know what they are watching. even if its disguised as something else.


Let them make the judgement for themselves. I'm pretty sure their smart enough people to make their own decisions.



Inb4 someone jokes about how CR members lack good judgment skills lol
This part was a joke. But seriously just let people do what they want as long as it isn't bothering other people.
40325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
Hey, i just finished No. 6... ill give this at least 1 episode
81877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/13

moestheman wrote:

ive seen the other show thats totally yaoi, im not gonna say its name here, but thats one thing. the thing about free that makes it so insidious is that at 1st glance the shounen ai isnt all that apparent. but on a subliminal level its there and that sends out a message to young boys that watch it. i dont mind that this kind of thing exists, but they shouldnt be on this site imo. im not a webmaster or mod so i know my opinion on these matters dont go far.


That's the responsibility of the parents of children that frequent this site to decide and act on. Just because it MAY or MAY NOT have subject matter that isn't appropriate for some audiences isn't a valid reason to prevent it from being broadcast.

It would be just as ridiculous to get mad about CR having something like Samurai Girls/Bride because it's inappropriate for a certain demographic.
Posted 6/28/13
No. I don't think "Free!" is inappropriate, because I'm not a homophobe who thinks when children watch something homosexual, they will become homosexual or they will start murdering kittens.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.