First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Delete One Anime?
19580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Some people on this site are way too consumed with their SAO issues. I would be pretty bummed if it were erased from existence. Watching it was a happy time for me last Fall, as was being turned on to the Light Novels because of it. It's like people expected it to be the second coming of Christ or something and when it simply turned out to be a well made anime that stayed generally true to its source material it was like somebody pooped in their cheerios
21123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
The only thing I would erase would be something absolutely no redeeming values, and numerous bad (for lack of a better word) ones. So far, I've never seen an anime totally like this.

(I feel that SAO does not deserve a place in the forum because of the redeeming value I see in it, but I feel like my value system may be a little unique in this space, so I could understand why others might not see the same virtues of the show that I do.)
4010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Can I say the Dragonball live action movie?

I mean my God.
19580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Fanimusmaximus wrote:

Can I say the Dragonball live action movie?

I mean my God.


I totally saw that by myself on opening day in a theater filled with 12 year olds. I'd been wishing they'd make a live action DB movie since I was 12 myself so I really couldn't do any less.

Ended up being kind of a low point in my life though
927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Another stupid hate thread in CR though I'm not surprised this is not so much different to Most Hated Anime. I hope mods will close this thread..
41901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 6/29/13

Balzack wrote:

Some people on this site are way too consumed with their SAO issues. I would be pretty bummed if it were erased from existence. Watching it was a happy time for me last Fall, as was being turned on to the Light Novels because of it. It's like people expected it to be the second coming of Christ or something and when it simply turned out to be a well made anime that stayed generally true to its source material it was like somebody pooped in their cheerios :P


My issue is not with the content of SAO. I never expect it to be a masterpiece.

I've said it numerous times in this thread, I don't hate the anime, I have a problem is the negative effects this anime created for other animes with similarities.

People can't seem to read or something.
10152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Naruto
18368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:


Balzack wrote:

Some people on this site are way too consumed with their SAO issues. I would be pretty bummed if it were erased from existence. Watching it was a happy time for me last Fall, as was being turned on to the Light Novels because of it. It's like people expected it to be the second coming of Christ or something and when it simply turned out to be a well made anime that stayed generally true to its source material it was like somebody pooped in their cheerios :P


My issue is not with the content of SAO. I never expect it to be a masterpiece.

I've said it numerous times in this thread, I don't hate the anime, I have a problem is the negative effects this anime created for other animes with similarities.

People can't seem to read or something.
I don't think he singled you out, so I wouldn't take it personally. Personally I don't mind your opinion on the issue as you never to my recollection went full on stupid about the show like some do. I both hate the Fan Dumb and the Hate Dumb for this show, as those people help ruin the image of everyone else including reasonable folks who like, hate or are even ambivalent about the show for whatever reasons

Gextiv 
50304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13

mistress_kisara wrote:

Another stupid hate thread in CR though I'm not surprised this is not so much different to Most Hated Anime. I hope mods will close this thread..


Well you know something. I would delete Naruto, Code Geass, Spiral, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, etc...


Also


Tayutama: Kiss on My Deity. Mah ghosh, it is because of animes like Tayutama that I praise main characters like Makoto.

3138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / mars
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
would i be wrong if i said i wanted to completely erase kyoani and everything they have ever done, the good and the bad. heres why. even if hitler created the best symphonies and paintings it doesnt excuse all the bad.

so kyo ani. gbye
951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Balzack wrote:

Axis Powers Hetalia begone! When I caught an episode of this I got really angry at the cutesy interpretations of horrific historical events. I wouldn't be surprised if the author is one of the many holocaust deniers in Japan (Eastern and Western).


I so totally agree! I mean, Sword Art Online, Naruto, and all those other anime shows might have things that some people here find annoying or whatever but Hetalia: Axis Powers is straight up disrespectful.

If Hetalia is erased from anime history, I think not only would the anime fanbase gain a little sanity back, but also Japan's relation with Korea and China would be a little bit better (but not much obviously).
28050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Melbourne, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

flashgreer wrote:

i agree with you on the yosuga no sora. burn... that anime was pretty vile


LOL I would've said Boku No Pico. I could actually watch Yosuga no sora, where as Boku No Pico was a bit too much.
3138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / mars
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
i never knew what that anime was. ew... thats kinda gross
951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

flashgreer wrote:

i never knew what that anime was. ew... thats kinda gross


Biggest understatement of the year.
16513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 6/30/13
Highschool of the Dead. Pretty much any ecchi anime.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.