First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me a Manga! **Read First Post!**
5104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Brooklyn, NY
Offline
Posted 8/12/13 , edited 8/12/13
Hey guys!
I'd love to be recommended a Manga. I'd prefer something that is available for purchase in the US, rather than reading it online. I want to collect them, you see. :3

Here are the things I like:

Shoujo, Romance, Slice of life, Comedy, Ecchi/smut is okay with me, Action, Dark humor, Tragic

Here are a few titles I have enjoyed:
The Gentleman's Alliance Cross
Barajou no Kiss
Kaikan Phrase
Inu x Boku
Sailor Moon
Naruto
Skip-Beat
High School Debut
Kimi Ni Todoke
Kaicho Wai Maid Sama (sorry if I spelled it wrong!)
Absolute Boyfriend
14976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/13/13


This isn't one you can buy, but is in my opinion the best manga ever published: Elfen Lied. It was a pretty average anime, but the manga was mind-blowing. It's Drama, Action, Romance, Comedy, Tragedy, and a tad Psychological Horror. Sadly it hasn't been licensed in NA. I would suggest it to anyone.
16020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/14/13

pushinko wrote:

Hey guys!
I'd love to be recommended a Manga. I'd prefer something that is available for purchase in the US, rather than reading it online. I want to collect them, you see. :3


Have you read Ouran High School Host Club? It's about a poor kid named Haruhi who has to work for her rich school's Host Club, but I don't wanna give away the first chapter's spoiler, so I'll end the synopsis there. It has pretty good humor, and the characters are loads of fun. The anime is really good too, very shoujo-tastic.

I also recommend The Wallflower. It's about a a group of handsome young men trying to romance and help Sunako, a creepy, shy shut-in girl. It's very funny, I remember liking it a few years back. It's pretty similar to Kimi ni Todoke, though with a slightly less realistic setting.

If you feel like foraying into a little bit of shonen, then I think Midori Days is up your alley. It's a weird, wacky story of a delinquent who suddenly has his right hand replaced by a tiny girl named Midori. It's a lot better than it sounds, I promise! It's surprisingly heartwarming and sad at times.

Anything by CLAMP is good too, as long as it came before Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxHolic. Don't waste your time on those two series, or Clover and Gate 7 for that matter. Talk about pretentious. They wrote Cardcaptor Sakura, one of the most iconic magical girl series in anime. That's CLAMP at their best. Magic Knight Rayearth too. Be warned that they haven't completed a few series, so they will never have a proper ending.
5104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Brooklyn, NY
Offline
Posted 8/14/13

Bananimal wrote:


pushinko wrote:

Hey guys!
I'd love to be recommended a Manga. I'd prefer something that is available for purchase in the US, rather than reading it online. I want to collect them, you see. :3


Have you read Ouran High School Host Club? It's about a poor kid named Haruhi who has to work for her rich school's Host Club, but I don't wanna give away the first chapter's spoiler, so I'll end the synopsis there. It has pretty good humor, and the characters are loads of fun. The anime is really good too, very shoujo-tastic.

I also recommend The Wallflower. It's about a a group of handsome young men trying to romance and help Sunako, a creepy, shy shut-in girl. It's very funny, I remember liking it a few years back. It's pretty similar to Kimi ni Todoke, though with a slightly less realistic setting.

If you feel like foraying into a little bit of shonen, then I think Midori Days is up your alley. It's a weird, wacky story of a delinquent who suddenly has his right hand replaced by a tiny girl named Midori. It's a lot better than it sounds, I promise! It's surprisingly heartwarming and sad at times.

Anything by CLAMP is good too, as long as it came before Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxHolic. Don't waste your time on those two series, or Clover and Gate 7 for that matter. Talk about pretentious. They wrote Cardcaptor Sakura, one of the most iconic magical girl series in anime. That's CLAMP at their best. Magic Knight Rayearth too. Be warned that they haven't completed a few series, so they will never have a proper ending. :(


I actually just purchased the OHSHC boxed set a few days ago. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail! ^^ thank you for the suggestions! I will be sure to be on the lookout for them.
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/14/13
Don't read much manga, but recently I've gotten into the whole Psychological/Drama/Romance type, any recommendation for a good one?
Currently reading Aku no Hana (the wait for chapters to be translated is horrible ), also I just finished a previous recommendation (Onani Master Kurosawa), any suggestions similar to those would be great
756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Pearl of the Orie...
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

balexsv93 wrote:

Don't read much manga, but recently I've gotten into the whole Psychological/Drama/Romance type, any recommendation for a good one?
Currently reading Aku no Hana (the wait for chapters to be translated is horrible ), also I just finished a previous recommendation (Onani Master Kurosawa), any suggestions similar to those would be great


try these
Bitter Virgin
Mars
Oyasumi Punpun
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Sakuranbo Syndrome
ES ( has sci-fi stuff)
58618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 8/20/13 , edited 8/20/13
Good Yuri manga? I've already read Sasameki Koto, Aoi Hana, Girl Friends, and Strawberry Panic

Also, is the Working!! manga any good, just finished the show
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

kjcain143 wrote:


balexsv93 wrote:

Don't read much manga, but recently I've gotten into the whole Psychological/Drama/Romance type, any recommendation for a good one?
Currently reading Aku no Hana (the wait for chapters to be translated is horrible ), also I just finished a previous recommendation (Onani Master Kurosawa), any suggestions similar to those would be great


try these
Bitter Virgin
Mars
Oyasumi Punpun
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Sakuranbo Syndrome
ES ( has sci-fi stuff)


Thank you for the suggestions I'll be sure to check them all.
Posted 8/23/13
Hi, I'm new here, Please recommend me a manga, I like manga's where the main character is already strong or called overpowered. Or having a power where its hidden, Or has a past that the mc tries to hide. I am also really looking for a manga where the MC is ranked in some way, Like Gun x Clover where he is the highest rank or Witch Hunter, I also am looking for a manga where the MC is a Demon Lord, Demon King, a Maou.

I don't like anything mecha.

Manga's I've read.

Blood Lad
Beezlebub
Record of a Fallen Vampire
Witch Hunter
One Punch Man
Gun x Clover
Magico
The Devil Is a Part Timer

This is only a little list of what I've read.
11016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/25/13
Miki falls is a really nice romance manga, it's actually an originally english manga by Mark crilley (If you haven't heard of him you should really check out his youtube art channel) and it's only 4 books long but it's a really great read and has a beautiful unique art style.


311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Osaka, Japan
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
claymore is surprisingly good. i love the fighting scenes and the character developments as the story goes on.

another is one punch man! i just love the hero names and how the author comes up with it. XD

2077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/31/13
Any good mystery mangas someone can recommend?
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 9/2/13 , edited 9/2/13
Well i have a couple that i can recommend to you so here they are:Dice the cube that change everything(manhwa), Onepunch-man, Again!!, The Breaker, cage of eden, The god of high school(manhwa), Soul eater. Have many other but might get too dark so for now that's all i have

For people looking for something more serious/dark- Gantz, Vagabond, Hunter x Hunter,Sun-ken Rock, Danganronpa, Death note and Welcome to the NHK.
21146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / United Stated
Offline
Posted 9/10/13
I'm trying to get into reading manga, because i hear some are just truelly amazing to the anime that i've watched.

I love romantic comedy and just something with a real romance, and just need an easy one to start off with since i'm new to reading. But when i get the hang of it, i'd love awesome ones. Thanks all,

P.S. Any tips on reading would be helpful as well
15134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / nj
Offline
Posted 9/10/13

Woodayy55 wrote:

I'm trying to get into reading manga, because i hear some are just truelly amazing to the anime that i've watched.

I love romantic comedy and just something with a real romance, and just need an easy one to start off with since i'm new to reading. But when i get the hang of it, i'd love awesome ones. Thanks all,



Try reading:
Koukou Debut
Beauty Pop
Hapi Mari
H2O (Korean manhwa-read left to right)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.