• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Recommend me a Book/Comics (non Manga) **Read First Post!**
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Home. Where the b...
Offline
Posted 10/25/14
Batman Knightfall

The Killing Joke

Deadpool kills the Marvel universe
3024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/29/14
if you haven't read it already Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky is a must, I've read it about five times and I'm still not tired of it.
146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / somewhere on this...
Online
Posted 11/3/14
Can anyone recommend me a time travel novel in which the girl goes back in time preferably to victorian era or the second world war one. Romance, Adventure, Mystery, Paranormal anything but there should be at least a romantic subplot which doesn't involve the heroine gushing how handsome the male lead is.
66952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 11/3/14

kimioney wrote:

Can anyone recommend me a time travel novel in which the girl goes back in time preferably to victorian era or the second world war one. Romance, Adventure, Mystery, Paranormal anything but there should be at least a romantic subplot which doesn't involve the heroine gushing how handsome the male lead is.


Give "Blackout" and "All Clear" by Connie Willis a try. These involve time travel to London during the Blitz. TBH, I haven't read the duology, but her SF/Time-Travel books are always good and tend to have a little bit of everything including romance.
1960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 11/3/14
Book Suggestion Request

I want a good YA Paranormal Romance to read.
ones that are like what the authors below write
Jeanette Battista
Suzy Turner
Quin Loftis
Alexandra Harvey
SL Baum
Brandi Leigh Hall
Jodie B Cooper
Natasha Brown
Cat Kalen
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 11/10/14

Kellesk wrote:

I would love to read more books by IMAGE or DARK HORSE comics, but unsure what to read next.

Suggestions?


Hellboy by Mike Mignola is one of my favorite comics.
617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/14 , edited 11/29/14
Can anyone recommend a comic book series (from DC prefferably) to give a subscription as a gift to a friend around my age? Something ongoing please, obviously
66952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 12/1/14

octorockandroll wrote:

Can anyone recommend a comic book series (from DC prefferably) to give a subscription as a gift to a friend around my age? Something ongoing please, obviously


DC is still a pretty varied publisher. Is there any types of stories your friend would prefer? Have you checked out "Gotham Academy"?
617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/14

deadpanditto wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Can anyone recommend a comic book series (from DC prefferably) to give a subscription as a gift to a friend around my age? Something ongoing please, obviously


DC is still a pretty varied publisher. Is there any types of stories your friend would prefer? Have you checked out "Gotham Academy"?


Something centered in the main universe, like Justice league except not that cuz he's already got it. I was thinking teen titans but it looks really, really bad.
66952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 12/4/14

octorockandroll wrote:

Something centered in the main universe, like Justice league except not that cuz he's already got it. I was thinking teen titans but it looks really, really bad.


Sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty busy. Anyway, I'm not sure I have any good recommendations. I've been avoiding both Marvel and DC for a while now since I'm tired of all the massive changes both have been making. Given all the publicity that "Suicide Squad" has been getting, maybe that would be a good choice? It restarted earlier this year so it's not a bad time to start following this one. Aside from that, I don't have any good recommendations.
617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 12/4/14

deadpanditto wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Something centered in the main universe, like Justice league except not that cuz he's already got it. I was thinking teen titans but it looks really, really bad.


Sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty busy. Anyway, I'm not sure I have any good recommendations. I've been avoiding both Marvel and DC for a while now since I'm tired of all the massive changes both have been making. Given all the publicity that "Suicide Squad" has been getting, maybe that would be a good choice? It restarted earlier this year so it's not a bad time to start following this one. Aside from that, I don't have any good recommendations.


Thanks
One Punch Mod
53855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/19/14
Hi all!!

Along with the forum reorganizing, we are closing this thread.

To request Recommendations, as well as Advice and Information (and also to answer the requests of course), go to the brand new Advice, Info, Recommendations forum where it's okay to start your own thread.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.