First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply Manga that's been horribly adapted as an anime
21122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 7/1/13


but...the fanservice made it entertaining. season 2 (manga) started in 2007 and season 2 (anime) was made at the end of 2008 leaving not much to work off from hence only the first two episodes following the manga and the rest filler. Unfortunately they couldnt go into the future and see how amazing the manga progressed after only about a year worth of material. I know, its heartbreaking but hey!, we were left with funny, fanservice episodes!
6109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Miami
Offline
Posted 7/1/13

GoldTStar wrote:



but...the fanservice made it entertaining. season 2 (manga) started in 2007 and season 2 (anime) was made at the end of 2008 leaving not much to work off from hence only the first two episodes following the manga and the rest filler. Unfortunately they couldnt go into the future and see how amazing the manga progressed after only about a year worth of material. I know, its heartbreaking but hey!, we were left with funny, fanservice episodes!


I'm glad you're positive about it.
I just hope for a reboot. Chapu 2 tanked in Japan.
Quarlo 
20367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
So far the only one that qualifies for me is Soul Eater. I loved the artistic style of the manga, but for some reason the anime rubbed me the wrong way. They did a good job with the art, don't get me wrong, but when it was in motion and animated I couldn't stand it.
1161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
Attack on Titan.

The latest episode was full of still-shots and bad transitioning between frames.

Like when
being the most obvious.

They're doing 2(~?) minuet recaps every episode, and when including the opening and ending, the show is down to 19/20~ish minuets of content. Not to mention the next episode is a recap.

All due to shortages in animators (and possibly other factors)
21122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 7/1/13


I'm glad you're positive about it.
I just hope for a reboot. Chapu 2 tanked in Japan.


Yea im not surprised, capu2 was pointless...i mean i still loved it but i didnt serve much purpose. I would adore a reboot but i doubt it will happen... oh well dats fine by me its still one of the best mangas out there.
1850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 7/1/13

IXRoxasXI wrote:


I love this manga to death and I had really high expectations for the anime then it happened.
-Anime original end
-Changing the plot dramatically
-QUALITY shots where characters have really big teeth
-Alibaba looked like a pathetic beta (He was pretty beta in the manga as well but it was exaggerated in the anime)
-Bad animation for the most part. Does anybody remember Morgiannas dancing scene? yeah it was horrible

A-1 pictures (who was also responsible for the horrible adaption of the SAO and Blue exorcist anime) even had the audacity to announce season 2 after butchering it so bad. Being a Magi fan is suffering


I too am a Magi fan, and I have to say even though it deviated from the plot so much the anime was still enjoyable for me. I didn't think of it as an adaptation, more of an alternate version.

Though I do agree with you about the animation (especially in the second half, dear lawd it was bad).
There is a reason to it though. They had taken on about 5 other series at the same time, so the animation quality in some of them went WAY down.

But hey...


20007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
Gantz.
10107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Garden Grove, CA
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Out of many that I've seen I was the saddest about Mysterious Girlfriend X/Nazo no Kanojo .The animation was pretty good but the adaptation of the storyline was horrible. They were all over the place They should've stuck to the manga's storyline.
4188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13

FumblesRX78 wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:



but...the fanservice made it entertaining. season 2 (manga) started in 2007 and season 2 (anime) was made at the end of 2008 leaving not much to work off from hence only the first two episodes following the manga and the rest filler. Unfortunately they couldnt go into the future and see how amazing the manga progressed after only about a year worth of material. I know, its heartbreaking but hey!, we were left with funny, fanservice episodes!


I'm glad you're positive about it.
I just hope for a reboot. Chapu 2 tanked in Japan.

What season 2 should have done was adapt the second half of the first manga series. It was finished and that was when the story started getting good. It was WAY too early to flash forward the start of year two. I only watched the first season and, like a lot of people, found the excessive fanservice (there was plenty of it the manga, but not as much) ridiculous and distracting. But that was not the biggest problem. What really pissed me off is how the action and drama was toned down in favor of comedy
6109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Miami
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

FantasiaSoul wrote:


FumblesRX78 wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:



but...the fanservice made it entertaining. season 2 (manga) started in 2007 and season 2 (anime) was made at the end of 2008 leaving not much to work off from hence only the first two episodes following the manga and the rest filler. Unfortunately they couldnt go into the future and see how amazing the manga progressed after only about a year worth of material. I know, its heartbreaking but hey!, we were left with funny, fanservice episodes!


I'm glad you're positive about it.
I just hope for a reboot. Chapu 2 tanked in Japan.

What season 2 should have done was adapt the second half of the first manga series. It was finished and that was when the story started getting good. It was WAY too early to flash forward the start of year two. I only watched the first season and, like a lot of people, found the excessive fanservice (there was plenty of it the manga, but not as much) ridiculous and distracting. But that was not the biggest problem. What really pissed me off is how the action and drama was toned down in favor of comedy


Toning down the action was frustrating, especially since every fight was just inner Moka performing a Falcon kick.
The enemy barely put up a fight...
17412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Kingdom. Boy was that a butchery.
526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13
Fruits Basket. The beginning episodes were pretty accurate then towards the end.... it was killed. Things happened that didn't even happen in the manga. It should have been longer, or at least given another season. I still enjoy watching it kinda though, that's until the end.
5283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
New york.
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

javiikyuu wrote:

Kingdom. Boy was that a butchery.


It was!? =[

I'm actually a huge fan of the Manga but I haven't watched the Anime yet. ((Didn't even know it was out to be honest))

Damn, I was hoping it would be great so as to bring in more views for its epic story. Shin is so boss.
17412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

Mico171 wrote:


javiikyuu wrote:

Kingdom. Boy was that a butchery.


It was!? =[

I'm actually a huge fan of the Manga but I haven't watched the Anime yet. ((Didn't even know it was out to be honest))

Damn, I was hoping it would be great so as to bring in more views for its epic story. Shin is so boss.


Yeah, the first season was horrible because they skipped many story arcs and changed some things around. Also it was animated in CGI and sometimes a it would randomly change back to hand drawing so it was a mess. Not to mention the censorship... it was ridiculous! Whenever it was necessary to show blood, they would instead show a shiny white thing like sparkling milk shooting out from their bodies!

However, season 2 (from this season, only 4 episodes so far) is redeeming the anime's name. The animation is not CGI anymore and it's pretty good! Also some of the story arcs that they skipped in the first season are going to be accommodated into season 2. ^-^
19491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / somewhere just no...
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
when they made Claymore into anime it was nothing like the manga the ending was awful but i had no problem with the animation i think that was done okay
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.