First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Manga that's been horribly adapted as an anime
16181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
Ao no Exorcist! They deviated from the manga way too much for my tastes, I got so annoyed I couldn't even finish Rin's trial.
30066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
The main reason they deviate from manga is either because they make the anime when the manga has only gone so far, or the manga has gone farther but not far enough to make it a cohesive "beginning middle end" type segment.

After all, most of the time when something is adapted into an anime it's basically just advertising for the original medium, whether it was a visual novel, manga, light novel, or something else. There's obviously major exceptions, of course.
12779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 7/13/13
Dragon Ball...
22526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
Definitely Gantz...I can't begin to describe how dumb they were to make it an anime at that point of time.
21947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13
I agree. I still like the anime, it's the reason I started reading the manga, but it, in my opinion, is clearly inferior to the manga.

I tried to quote the person above who said Exorcist, but the quote didnt work.
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
Well, it wasn't too bad, but Baccano had not the worst adaptation, but the story should've been kept the same as the light novels. Damn Time Jumps were annoying.
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

Most of the time, I try to stay the fuck away on Manga with Adaptations because from what I have seen, some Mangas just get triple fucking penetrated orally, anally, and/or vaginally when it comes to their adaptations. Their are few minor exceptions like Btoom!, A certain Magical Index, Full Metal Panic, and Hajime No Ippo to be exact. Hell, the Hajime No Ippo and Btoom! adaptations are arguably better than their Manga Counterparts. The Jokes in the adaptation of HNI make me laugh my fucking heart out and the pacing of how Btooom! put Himiko's background history are just one of the main points to prove the Anime is better than the Manga.

I just want animation companies to stop slapping their money cocks on a Manga's face and give it nothing but a deep throated, sperm ejaculated, STD positive, and messy fellatio Anime Adaptation. I'm looking at you Studio Pierrot. Don't tell me that fillers are for fucking commercials and don't TELL ME the original manga designs are outdated. Your shitty character redesigns look like as if characters were fucking stoned,clean, or moe as shit. I like that rough Look of the original Manga, it's so god like!

Now if you'll excuse, I'm gonna ferociously Masterbate to some Hentai.
49947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 7/14/13

toxicblue wrote:

The main reason they deviate from manga is either because they make the anime when the manga has only gone so far, or the manga has gone farther but not far enough to make it a cohesive "beginning middle end" type segment.

After all, most of the time when something is adapted into an anime it's basically just advertising for the original medium, whether it was a visual novel, manga, light novel, or something else. There's obviously major exceptions, of course.


Also, the two mediums are different so a pure adaptation from manga to anime or vice versa usually looks odd in some places. Look at Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - it's a good example. I liked the first one adaptation better, personally.

Another example - look at Chrono Crusade. The ending for the anime was different from the manga, but it still worked nicely in and of itself. When an adaptation doesn't deviate from the source material in some way - then I'd be a little worried.
Posted 7/14/13

EXWildWolf wrote:

Well, it wasn't too bad, but Baccano had not the worst adaptation, but the story should've been kept the same as the light novels. Damn Time Jumps were annoying.


WAIT. *looks up* Baccano!'s anime was great. The light novel's even better?! Also would you say the same about Durarara!!?
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13
No, Baccano's adaptatation is fucking fantastic! I Just wish they went with the series in order of the books! And me not seeing Durarara yet, I have no fucking clue of how it is layed out. In fact, I don't have any sort of comprehension in Durarara!
10350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Toronto
Online
Posted 7/21/13

Sogno- wrote:

Ao no Exorcist

although I will admit the animation was pretty and the music was fabulous.


Not really, it's just I wish they didn't end at 25 episodes. I'm still here wishing for them to animate the Kyoto arc which is the best arc in the series. The only problem with the anime was the length, and it was being released on a weekly basis while the Manga chapters are released monthly, so they had to make an anime only ending. The ending didn't leave much space or logic for there to be another season, so the best they could probably do is get a couple OVA's outta it and make another movie based on the previous one's success
254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / LONDON
Offline
Posted 7/22/13
Gantz
23342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 7/22/13
Mahoromatic Automatic Maiden, the mangas ending was way better than the animes.
760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / England
Offline
Posted 7/22/13
Of the examples already mentioned, I didn't much like the ending of the Fruits Basket anime when I first saw it (Tohru seems to win over Akito with little to no trouble). When I started to read the manga years later, I realised just how much more substantial it is in comparison. Granted, it is considerably longer and IIRC the anime got an anime-only ending purely because it lacked the manga material at the time. From what I remember I wouldn't necessarily call it a 'horrible' adaptation.

I'm in two minds about the Soul Eater anime. I love how the animation adapted Okubo's style, and much of the music was great (the composer's occasionally odd style (think orchestra plus rap music) really suits a shounen series this weird). On the one hand, I think that the anime-only ending adapted what it had well enough, my main gripe was that it became about the courage of one character - Maka - instead of the connection and strength of either Maka and Soul, or the whole group, which is the angle the manga has taken and is concluding with.

I hope the third season of World God Only Knows isn't incomprehensible for those who haven't read the manga, because the show's one of my guilty pleasures.

I hear the Blade of the Immortal anime is a pretty bad adaptation, but I never watched enough of it to really judge.
37314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


toxicblue wrote:

The main reason they deviate from manga is either because they make the anime when the manga has only gone so far, or the manga has gone farther but not far enough to make it a cohesive "beginning middle end" type segment.

After all, most of the time when something is adapted into an anime it's basically just advertising for the original medium, whether it was a visual novel, manga, light novel, or something else. There's obviously major exceptions, of course.


Also, the two mediums are different so a pure adaptation from manga to anime or vice versa usually looks odd in some places. Look at Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - it's a good example. I liked the first one adaptation better, personally.

Another example - look at Chrono Crusade. The ending for the anime was different from the manga, but it still worked nicely in and of itself. When an adaptation doesn't deviate from the source material in some way - then I'd be a little worried.


I can't believe I just read this...

How could you possibly like the first anime adaption better than the second??? It had one of the worst anime endings I have ever seen. Brotherhood was so epic for the whole anime. I have seen hundreds of anime and like virtually every genre (besides yaoi) and I would say Brotherhood is in my top 10 favorite while FMA 1 is quite low on my complete list. I could understand if you just didn't like it that much - people have different tastes and all, but how could you say the first adaption is better?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.