• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Monogatari Series Second Season Discussion - Daisuki watchers
49046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
I don't mind this fanservice at all; Nisemonogatari was just hellishly awkward sometimes with Bee and Phoenix.


hpulley wrote:

The story is not just slice of life. Something is ALWAYS achieved but there is a lot of setup and then you get slammed with the conclusion if past series are to be believed.

Definitely; I'd just stress a difference in word choice between progressed, revealed, and achieved.
57953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/13/13 , edited 7/13/13

Insomnist wrote:

I don't mind this fanservice at all; Nisemonogatari was just hellishly awkward sometimes with Bee and Phoenix.


hpulley wrote:

The story is not just slice of life. Something is ALWAYS achieved but there is a lot of setup and then you get slammed with the conclusion if past series are to be believed.

Definitely; I'd just stress a difference in word choice between progressed, revealed, and achieved.

Brother-Sister thing too much for you in Bee and Phoenix? Even though they are Nisemono? The old anime escape hatch...

But this kind of yuri fanservice, well you just can't go wrong...



And yes, perhaps revealed is a better word. In the slower episodes of Monogatari there is still a ton of things revealed which are very important for the story, even if you don't realize it yet.
9545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada, Newfoundland
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
Maybe Im just not used to it being back, been awhile since I last watch Nisemonogatari and the fact I watched the whole season at once instead of waiting a week for each ep.
49046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/13 , edited 7/13/13

hpulley wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

I don't mind this fanservice at all; Nisemonogatari was just hellishly awkward sometimes with Bee and Phoenix.

Brother-Sister thing too much for you in Bee and Phoenix? Even though they are Nisemono? The old anime escape hatch...

I don't even think it's that so much as the maturity of the characters in a sense; I see Cat and Crab as young women and as very similar to Motoko Kusanagi in a way. Shinobu as well; the bathroom scene with her and Araragi was great.

But Bee and Phoenix I see as children, and it was like their actions didn't seem to have any greater or deeper meaning beyond superficially pleasing the audience. It didn't yield the same level of connection as it did with the other characters.

Admittedly that'll be a subjective analysis, though.

And wow, that scene was steamed all to hell on Daisuki. Hope CR's copy is that clean.
57953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/13/13

Insomnist wrote:


hpulley wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

I don't mind this fanservice at all; Nisemonogatari was just hellishly awkward sometimes with Bee and Phoenix.

Brother-Sister thing too much for you in Bee and Phoenix? Even though they are Nisemono? The old anime escape hatch...

I don't even think it's that so much as the maturity of the characters in a sense; I see Cat and Crab as young women and as very similar to Motoko Kusanagi in a way. Shinobu as well; the bathroom scene with her and Araragi was great.

But Bee and Phoenix I see as children, and it was like their actions didn't seem to have any greater or deeper meaning beyond superficially pleasing the audience. It didn't yield the same level of connection as it did with the other characters.

Admittedly that'll be a subjective analysis, though.

And wow, that scene was steamed all to hell on Daisuki. Hope CR's copy is that clean.

Neko Black


And Shinobu in the bath, well, let's just say Japanese monster shows take the 400 year old vampire in an 8 year old's body in a very different direction from Interview with a Vampire! And yes, the Nisemonogatari Blurays ALSO remove the steam...
49046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/13 , edited 7/13/13

I guess I just want to say that I don't object to it on principle, just that it felt terribly one-dimensional in application.

(But that might also be because the character types for Bee and Phoenix don't click with me; even after all of Nisemonogatari both of them felt like very flat insert characters to me; if this series was more mindfucking than it is I'd have a pet theory that they didn't even actually exist and were figments of Araragi's imagination).

And now I'm trying to find an uncensored version of Monogatari; I wonder where that .gif came from.
19088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
My god I love the entire monogatari series
19505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
I sure do as well! I am very pleased it is back. X2
96572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
Created by AnimeKami


Too much? But I'm not one to complain.


25784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
Shinobu is back!!!
5095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Newark, NJ
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
I'll wait for the season to finish
167537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 7/20/13

skydive47 wrote:



And in a great way too!

Another great episode this week.
57953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
Again this ended exactly where I expected it would in the novel. Good stuff, rub a dub dub!

Next week we should see...
25784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/13

stark700 wrote:


skydive47 wrote:



And in a great way too!

Another great episode this week.





awesome episode, more like the whole show is awesome!!!
- Looking forward to the next ep

167537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 7/20/13
End card from the episode:
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.