First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Yuru Yuri Season 3 Confirmed? (Maybe)
3518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

zipzo wrote:


H3ctor87 wrote:

I still haven't gotten to watching Yuri Yuri.

Btw, isn't the yuri genre supposed to have romance between gir--I mean hot or cute girls? Enlighten me please me, for I am lost. This looks very light and family friendly like Lucky Star or K-On (both of my favs).


There's a couple re-occurring instances of yuri concepts that are a mainstay of the shows humor.

One of the characters is tsundere for another, and it's implied to be romantic but doesn't ever really make it past the "I admire you" threshold...and of course the target character never finds this out.

The tsundere's closest friend however, is constantly imagining yuri images of her and the other getting it on, nosebleed and all.

There's also an implied 'admiration' between two seeming rivals on the school council, yet they hang out all the time and are basically defined as best friends by any objective third party.

It's kept light, but the undertones are definitely there.


Ah, ok. Thanks. That's why I don't care about genres. They can be misleading.
41625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Yeah you can never have enough YuriYuri!!!
24798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Argentina
Online
Posted 7/2/13
My body is ready.
8061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13

zipzo wrote:
One of the characters is tsundere for another, and it's implied to be romantic but doesn't ever really make it past the "I admire you" threshold...and of course the target character never finds this out.


To elaborate, Ayano is crushing on Kyoko, who's crushing on Chinatsu, who's crushing on Yui, who... doesn't seem particularly interested in anyone, as it happens. The show's pretty heavy on one-sided infatuations played for laughs. (It also conspicuously lacks male characters to the point that even hearing someone's father mentioned comes as a surprise.)
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 7/4/13 , edited 7/4/13
Yuru YURI IS NOT A YURI ANIME! Anyone know NEW YURI ANIME FOR THIS YEAR???
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

Nirma_Forever wrote:

Yuru YURI IS NOT A YURI ANIME! Anyone know NEW YURI ANIME FOR THIS YEAR???
Yuyushiki was oohhhh so close...

Sakura Trick is coming! But not sure if it will be out this year or next. It is full yuri manga anyways so they HAVE to make it full yuri anime, they just have to!
104023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 7/4/13
people should know if yuri anime isn't done well it sucks right???

it just sucks
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

AnimeKami wrote:

people should know if yuri anime isn't done well it sucks right???

it just sucks

I love the Sakura Trick manga, just love it, so cute! Hopefully they will do a good job of it. If they make it like Yuyushiki but with all the chuu... then I will be very happy.
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

hpulley wrote:


Nirma_Forever wrote:

Yuru YURI IS NOT A YURI ANIME! Anyone know NEW YURI ANIME FOR THIS YEAR???
Yuyushiki was oohhhh so close...

Sakura Trick is coming! But not sure if it will be out this year or next. It is full yuri manga anyways so they HAVE to make it full yuri anime, they just have to!
MORE YURI! MORE YURI!

104023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 7/4/13

hpulley wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

people should know if yuri anime isn't done well it sucks right???

it just sucks

I love the Sakura Trick manga, just love it, so cute! Hopefully they will do a good job of it. If they make it like Yuyushiki but with all the chuu... then I will be very happy.


anime does need more serious romance, in all honestly i am tired of the romantic comedies

GIVE ME YURI OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

AnimeKami wrote:

anime does need more serious romance, in all honestly i am tired of the romantic comedies

GIVE ME YURI OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

Agree totally, I am really into them for the romances. Plain comedy like Servant x Service is good too but the teasing shows that make me think they're going to be romance and then just tease, tease, tease the whole darned show right to the end are getting on my nerves.

GIVE ME ACTUAL ROMANCE OR GIVE ME DEATH!
14646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/10/13 , edited 7/10/13
Sooooooo, is there any actual official date release or any actual confirmation?
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/10/13

Roseleyn wrote:

Sooooooo, is there any actual official date release or any actual confirmation?
Nope. Sorry.
40319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 7/10/13
I have to say, even tho i watch them, i try to stay clear of moe shows but yuruyuri is so entertaining. You know an anime is good when you dont even realize that its almost done and when the ED starts playing, you get upset that its over.
49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 7/10/13 , edited 7/10/13

Nirma_Forever wrote:

Yuru YURI IS NOT A YURI ANIME! Anyone know NEW YURI ANIME FOR THIS YEAR???


Technically no, it's not; but it is an implied-yuri anime, as others have explained in previous comments.

This news could only be made better if they announced a season 2 of Yuyushiki which was horribly teasing about it's yuri undertones...

Also I completely agree with Hpulley and Animekami: Give me yuri-romance or give me death!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.