First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Post Reply The Sunday without God Discussions
50480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/15/13

suikojay wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Sorry, it is very bad as in 600 copies bad One of the worst of the season

Wow...
But hmm, maybe I had heard wrong, but aren't people from Japan generally not into loli characters? Also, since a lot of people there are Shintoists, perhaps a lot of them are just turned off by the title and not giving it much of a chance since it kinda implies the Christian God (even though it's not)? I don't know... or maybe they just don't really like this show, lol.
I haven't read them myself but I heard that novel readers are confused by the adaptation. As an anime only watcher I am enjoying it.

And the music is really good so I can see why it is selling well.
24655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/15/13

daw48 wrote:

People are trying to insert one thing into this anime that people have been trying for years with all anime, LOGIC. There is a great void between logic and anime, that makes them so easy to lose yourself in. So just set back and watch the show.


I totally disagree that there is no logic in anime. Logic defines more than just the plot making sense. It also means that the characters act within their personalities, as well as other things. If you really don't think there is logic in anime, go watch Blast of Tempest, which is ALL about logic and, furthermore, logical itself. Without logic, you end up with a nonsensical mess like FLCL.


kitsuneshoujo wrote:


mipegg wrote:

I think that people saying theres no character progression or sense of urgency are a little bit off, look at episode 3 specifically and try to tell me theres no character progression? This arc was all about Ai learning that the dead dont always want to be buried and that maybe their 'happy ending' isnt with finally dying in a grave, it matured her outlook of the world from 'Im gonna bury everyone and then I'll have saved the world' to 'I just want to find out what I need to do to save the world'. Also theres scars progression, acting substantially more human than when she was when introduced.

That said I might just be a fanboy


Yup, I agree with you, there's plenty of progression in this show. People are just hating on it to be trolls and contrary... like the person quoted below.


Just because we criticize the show doesn't mean we are trolls. If I'm not connecting with the story the way I think I should be, or if the emotional scenes aren't resonating with me now the way the first arc did, of course I am going to look for reasons why. I think anyone who watches a show, at least in the beginning, WANTS to like it. So if we are let down a little, we're going to express that.
12202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
65 / M / OK
Offline
Posted 8/15/13

iblessall wrote:


daw48 wrote:

People are trying to insert one thing into this anime that people have been trying for years with all anime, LOGIC. There is a great void between logic and anime, that makes them so easy to lose yourself in. So just set back and watch the show.


I totally disagree that there is no logic in anime. Logic defines more than just the plot making sense. It also means that the characters act within their personalities, as well as other things. If you really don't think there is logic in anime, go watch Blast of Tempest, which is ALL about logic and, furthermore, logical itself. Without logic, you end up with a nonsensical mess like FLCL.


kitsuneshoujo wrote:


mipegg wrote:

I think that people saying theres no character progression or sense of urgency are a little bit off, look at episode 3 specifically and try to tell me theres no character progression? This arc was all about Ai learning that the dead dont always want to be buried and that maybe their 'happy ending' isnt with finally dying in a grave, it matured her outlook of the world from 'Im gonna bury everyone and then I'll have saved the world' to 'I just want to find out what I need to do to save the world'. Also theres scars progression, acting substantially more human than when she was when introduced.

That said I might just be a fanboy


Yup, I agree with you, there's plenty of progression in this show. People are just hating on it to be trolls and contrary... like the person quoted below.


Just because we criticize the show doesn't mean we are trolls. If I'm not connecting with the story the way I think I should be, or if the emotional scenes aren't resonating with me now the way the first arc did, of course I am going to look for reasons why. I think anyone who watches a show, at least in the beginning, WANTS to like it. So if we are let down a little, we're going to express that.

If you'll notice one thing, no where in that post did I say there was no logic. What I was getting at was that people try to push their type of logic in to them.
Kicchu 
32846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 8/15/13

hpulley wrote:
I haven't read them myself but I heard that novel readers are confused by the adaptation. As an anime only watcher I am enjoying it.

And the music is really good so I can see why it is selling well.


Hmm, really? This actually has me really intrigued. Too bad my Japanese is so miniscule that I can't even read much manga yet or else I'd totally import the novels. :< I really want to know how the anime and light novels differ. >___<

I do agree that the music is good. I, myself, have already imported the ending theme and I'm trying to see if I can afford the opening/ OST now or not. :< ( importing a lot of CDs this season as it is... >A< )

24655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/15/13 , edited 8/15/13

I guess I just misunderstood the "great void" thing you said then, nor did I understand that you meant people's personal logic. It seemed like you were referring to logic in general.
50480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/16/13

Kicchu wrote:


hpulley wrote:
I haven't read them myself but I heard that novel readers are confused by the adaptation. As an anime only watcher I am enjoying it.

And the music is really good so I can see why it is selling well.


Hmm, really? This actually has me really intrigued. Too bad my Japanese is so miniscule that I can't even read much manga yet or else I'd totally import the novels. :< I really want to know how the anime and light novels differ. >___<

I do agree that the music is good. I, myself, have already imported the ending theme and I'm trying to see if I can afford the opening/ OST now or not. :< ( importing a lot of CDs this season as it is... >A< )


They wondered how non-novel readers could figure out Hampnie at all, given the stuff they skipped... I just thought he was supposed to be really mysterious.

I was going to buy the OP and ED, had them ordered but then cancelled them at the last minute. I think the ED will end up on Makiko Komatsu's next album anyway and it seems to sound better in the show than when I played the PVs separately. Birth too. But now I sort of regret not buying them so I may need to...
Posted 8/17/13
Episode 7
You either have Javascript turned off or an old version of Flash Player.

Get the latest Flash Player

Loving Ai's look She's just so cute in my opinion
23025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
This weeks episode I thought was amazingly done!

141664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/20/13
Episode 7

24655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/13 , edited 8/20/13
I don't understand what this show is about anymore and I'm somewhat frustrated. I had such high hopes for it after the first three episodes, but I feel lost in the story. This is kinda what I said last week, but it's like we are playing connect-the-dots and just adding dots, not drawing lines.

Ai wants to save the world. We don't even know from what yet.

Any spoiler-free enlightenment on this would be welcome.

EDIT: Don't say I'm a hater. I want to like this, I really, really do.
17566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/20/13 , edited 8/20/13

iblessall wrote:

I don't understand what this show is about anymore and I'm somewhat frustrated. I had such high hopes for it after the first three episodes, but I feel lost in the story. This is kinda what I said last week, but it's like we are playing connect-the-dots and just adding dots, not drawing lines.

Ai wants to save the world. We don't even know from what yet.


I definitely agree with this. There is a big lack of cohesiveness. Like the arcs keep adding more and more questions, which is very intriguing yes, but if it doesn't connect some of the dots soon people might get disinterested and drop it. I still like the show but the latest episode was kind of weak and just felt like any other generic show. I do like the different arcs and since that's how the novels were divided as I suppose there I can't complain too much. It feels similar to Hakkenden where the keep introducing characters (majority of the first season) in their mini arcs with the main story taking a back seat and later all come together. So I'm hoping the same is for SWOG. Even though introducing a bunch of new characters is cool, I do wish they focus on just Ai, Scar and Julie continuing their journey.
47763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 8/20/13
Episode 7:

Every one knows the point of the show is to go crazy over Ai's cuteness



Dee and Alis are introduced as are the other students of Goran Academy.

Seems that there is some bigger picture connecting Ai, Alis, and Dee.
27825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 8/20/13 , edited 8/20/13
Ep 7

Good introductory ep. I liked the new characters and strict school environment. The ED, too, had some different scenes in it which I thought were quite beautiful to look at.


Rito2Ru wrote: Every one knows the point of the show is to go crazy over Ai's cuteness

Where have I been this whole time? But now I know, lol. xP



iblessall wrote: EDIT: Don't say I'm a hater. I want to like this, I really, really do.

Quit hating u hater! XP

Just kidding, but I understand what u mean at least on what Ai-chan is trying to save the world from. I do wonder if she's still trying to make her mother's dream (that was mentioned in the beginning scenes of ep 3) into reality in some way, shape or form. I don't know if this show is supposed to be a 1 cour show, but if it is, it would be nice to at least know how Ai plans to execute her "saving the world" plan, and all that it would entail.

Anyway, who's hungry for some dirt? And don't be shy now, there's plenty for everyone!

4188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/20/13 , edited 8/20/13

hpulley wrote:

Disc pre-sales are absolutely terrible so I hope the novel sales are better. I considered buying them but I have so many books to read right now that I just can't... novels take me too long. Manga I can read very quickly but my dream of reading 10 novels a month just isn't working out right now...



Sorry, it is very bad as in 600 copies bad One of the worst of the season :tears:

Somehow the OD and ED CDs are selling well, over 10K each but the BD sales, terrible... Can't say I've seen the novel sales on any lists either :tears:


Mind if I ask for any links? Where do you get this information from? I want to see for myself.
23932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/20/13
You guys are silly...she's tryna save the world by burying the dead people! Oh wait, but she's also tryna make her mother's wish come true by making a world where the dead people can live happily...hmmm how conflicting.
Anyway, i actually thought the school having kids with different powers was cool but at the same time kinda random.
I think i am the only person who doesn't care for Ai and whenever i hear her speak i just go like
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.