First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Why are there soo many weird people online or in real life?
24725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 7/1/13 , edited 7/2/13


I was totally impressed by his dedication until I realized that it's probably felt tip pen. Still, he is advertising.
65770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Morroωιɴd
Offline
Posted 7/1/13


Being weird and going through someone's trash or hacking their account are totally different things.. That's outright mental issues. The things you describe as weird seem to be riding the line of someone who is mentally unstable. Not weird lol
2183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Behind you
Offline
Posted 7/1/13 , edited 7/2/13

Ligaea wrote:


netdisorder wrote:

Welcome to reality.





Weird and mentally challenged are two different things, I think.


I work at a mental facility, and have mental illness myself. Nope, we're a weird lot.


mhibicke wrote:



I was totally impressed by his dedication until I realized that it's probably felt tip pen. Still, he is advertising.


If he did it himself I would think it's impressive either way.
24725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 7/1/13

netdisorder wrote:
If he did it himself I would think it's impressive either way.

Good point. It takes a steady hand to write legibly on your own face while staring into a mirror. He must be a gourmand dedicated to eating every flavor by region.
17753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
Everyone is weird at times; some are just more reliable than others.

In social situations, people tend to keep their feelings veiled; weirdness is what you see when that veil either slips or is overdone. The former, you get behavior like the girl in your story; the latter, you get cold or creepy behavior.

Then there are the people that don't care what others think, and do whatever they please, but they are uncommon (and therefore, weird).

Paradoxically, it's normal to be weird, and if you're not weird, you are weird for not being weird.
I'm sure there is something about you that is weird, whether others have noticed it or not.
Posted 7/1/13 , edited 7/1/13

ThePinkRanger wrote:



Being weird and going through someone's trash or hacking their account are totally different things.. That's outright mental issues. The things you describe as weird seem to be riding the line of someone who is mentally unstable. Not weird lol


It is still within being weird...in the post I said extremely weird. Trust me I am around regular weird people all the time...I live in California nuff said.
Posted 7/1/13

mhibicke wrote:

Cool story bro.
Stalkers can be kind of cute, right?


nope not even a little.
4398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 7/1/13 , edited 7/1/13
I don't think that "weird" was the right word to use.
But I have had to deal with creepers in my life.
Here is one story:
I was taking a night class last year. There was a guy in my class that sat behind me with his girlfriend.
At first, we would talk and no big deal. I was nice to them and didn't think anything of it.
After about a month, he just made me uncomfortable. But I was still nice.
Every time I walked into the college he would leave who he was with and come with me.
Most of the time, it was his girlfriend.
He would sit by me in the library and talk about how cute I was, how smart, etc.
No matter how many times I told him to leave me alone and go be with his girlfriend, he never would.
Eventually, I just straight up ignored him.
During class, I could just feel that he was looking at me.
I was so glad when that class was over!
Posted 7/1/13
I consider "weird" people unique and usually there more better than "normal" people(even I consider myself a weirdo )
38444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hyrule Castle Town
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
There are weird people because life is more interesting with them, than without.
By the way, what makes someone weird? What makes them normal? Human behavior is human behavior and so the hell what if someone is different from you?
I'm just gonna go with by weird you mean random, or something along those lines.
Those people are not weird. They're just expressing themselves and having fun along the way. I know so because I am one of those people.
Also, I chose that definition because I've been told I act weird sometimes. I'm only joking when I do that, cause that's just my brand of comedy.
41961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 7/1/13
Real life is much much weirder than the internet. Because you can't avoid weirdo's in Real Life.

Like one time, this guy came up to me on the train and said this to me, "Can I have $2 so I can take a bus to prison?" Well, I actually found that really funny but at the same time I was creeped out because I thought he might be a serial killer or something.
That's why, you know what? I don't care if the Earth destroys itself due to carbon dioxide pollution, I ain't taking public transports to work. The weirdos also like to come out at night.


As for the internet, I don't have a problem with perverts, I've never had any. And I would be flattered if I get one.

But the drama on the internet is sooooo stupid. I was in this guild in an online game, and made some really good friends in that guild. But one day, several of them decided to pull a "coup d'etat" and made their own guild because they felt the leaders were not distributing items properly or something.
And I was friends with people in the original guild and friends with the people in the "coup d'etat" guild... and they made me choose between the two guild... they wouldn't allow me to be in both at the same time.

Then I was like, "You know what? Fcuk it, Imma quit both of ya'll asses and quit the game altogether." I just don't have time for this sort of drama.
65770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Morroωιɴd
Offline
Posted 7/1/13


I'm California born and raised. What's your point? You don't seem to have one.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
People are weird because they're largely self-programmed.

And have never run a bug checker.

After spending years in therapy, some manage a bit of debugging.

They are, however, the minority.
17154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Chalky Woods
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
While I have no stories that compare to the ones above, my friends and a few acquaintances have called me weird. I am the only otaku in my grade (out of 4 in the school) and am normally aloof. As such the image gap between public and private "selves" is intimidating. There are also some nuances to my behavior which earn me a degree of reverence; such as my dedication to RPGs, which earned me the title "God" for a few months before everyone realised I'm atheist; there is also the softness of my step, developed from living in a creaky house, to which I have unintentionally scared several people, friends, family, and acquaintances, but most notably it has convinced several people I teleport. There's also my nocturnal tendencies which flat out surprise everyone I tell.
Posted 7/1/13

ThePinkRanger wrote:



I'm California born and raised. What's your point? You don't seem to have one.


The point should be quite obvious..I'm going to let the wind blow and the birds chirp on this one.
Then maybe you'll get.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.