First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Hawthorne Police Department Kill Rottweiler Dog in front of owner.
12152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13
THIS IS SOMEWHAT EXPLICIT, I ADVISE YOU TO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU CANNOT SEE A DOG BEING SHOT

bassically some cops were in a situation were they were helping a hostage get out of a house safely. A man pulled up and started causing a ruckes then got detained for it. He put his dog in his car without rolling up the widow and the dog hopped and and "Attacked" the cop. The Cop shot the dog.

This person has the exact same view as me and explains it in a more greater detail:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mha6il21k

Here are the videos of the happening in order
1: Setting it up, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwxaTpJTyI
2: The kill, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBZr4ie2AE

THIS IS MY OPINION:
I think that the cop did do his job. I do admit he could have handled it a lot better by using some different type of force instead of killing it, But I think it is the owner of the dogs fault. He was the one who came and started causing a trouble while the cops were already pissed off from the current situation, so the cops wern't relaxed. When he was being detained the dog went into a defense mode because it is a rottweiler and no matter how you raise it, it will have a defense mode. It went into defense mode and approached the cop (note at this time the dog was not in attack). The dog then tried to jump on the cop and the cop had freaked out. His first and only movement was to shoot the dog then handle it from there because he litterally had 1 second to think. Thus killing the dog. If the owner wasn't being a dumbass then his dog might have lived. Please leave your opinion in the reply section!
47484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13
OMG. That was a horrific video. Scarred me for life.


One thing I know for certain, it's not the dog's fault. It's both the cops and that dog owner's fault.

I just don't understand his action, why did he put the dog in the car, then went up to the police to get himself arrested... wtf...
The cops don't know how to tame a dog, what kind of amateur cop?
12152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

OMG. That was a horrific video. Scarred me for life.


One thing I know for certain, it's not the dog's fault. It's both the cops and that dog owner's fault.

I just don't understand his action, why did he put the dog in the car, then went up to the police to get himself arrested... wtf...
The cops don't know how to tame a dog, what kind of amateur cop?


Well the cop only had a split second to act and he just pulled the trigger. I don't think we can say its the cops fault
47484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13

codman606 wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

OMG. That was a horrific video. Scarred me for life.


One thing I know for certain, it's not the dog's fault. It's both the cops and that dog owner's fault.

I just don't understand his action, why did he put the dog in the car, then went up to the police to get himself arrested... wtf...
The cops don't know how to tame a dog, what kind of amateur cop?


Well the cop only had a split second to act and he just pulled the trigger. I don't think we can say its the cops fault


It's his fault for not knowing that the dog has a leash and can be tied up...


Using the gun should be a last resort in my opinion...
12152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:


codman606 wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

OMG. That was a horrific video. Scarred me for life.


One thing I know for certain, it's not the dog's fault. It's both the cops and that dog owner's fault.

I just don't understand his action, why did he put the dog in the car, then went up to the police to get himself arrested... wtf...
The cops don't know how to tame a dog, what kind of amateur cop?


Well the cop only had a split second to act and he just pulled the trigger. I don't think we can say its the cops fault


It's his fault for not knowing that the dog has a leash and can be tied up...


Using the gun should be a last resort in my opinion...


Very True, And i agree with you. He should have handled things differently, its just that cop was in a bad mood and probally couldnt make the best of decisions. I don't blame the cop for the death because that owner was being a dumbass
23717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Should've used that bullet on the owner, in my opinion. Although some may disagree with me.
339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
i can't understand why the innocent always suffer from the stupidity of other people..

the dog's reaction was a normal reaction of a man's bestfriend trying to defend his master... the cops should let the man to calm his dog and not pulled him away.. it only add to the distress of the dog..

i didn't understand why the cops need to arrest the man by just taking videos of them unless they're doing something bad.. but if they're doing a legit operation in the area why they didn't have crowd control personnel to handle those kind of people in case that kind of incident happened and arresting the man without due..

and not by shooting the dog even they were pissed, angry, or whatsoever.. still they must respect it coz it was a creature with a life.. a life that so precious that we must learn to appreciate and treasure... the cops were too harsh and misused their authority... it's so sad to see the suffering of other because of the stupidity of some...
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Unless the dog was lying around docile nothing will come of the outrage. Even then I've seen videos of cops shooting a dog just sitting there and nothing comes of it.

Getting mad about this isn't going to change much since it's par for the course.
Posted 7/2/13
Oh poor doggy
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Tragic, but the people who would blame the cops in that scenario are foolishly allowing themselves to be hijacked by their emotions. That was the correct response to a lunging animal. Even if the animal is human. Canines are on equal footing as we are when we fail to respect authority.
mipegg 
20404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13
No fault on the police officer, dangerous dog comes running at you he did he job. This isnt tragic, its an animal no different to a cow which you would happily kill hundreds of to eat, tragic would be if he shot a small kid by accident etc. Saying its natural for the dog to attack someone which makes it ok is dumb, dangerous dog is dangerous and gets what was coming to it. Its childish and naive to think and different
14498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13
I would have done the same thing. If my safety is threatened by a dog like that jumping up at me then I would have pulled the trigger too. Its the dogs owners fault, he should have never stopped to record/ let his dog out to begin with/ left his windows down so that the dog may get out. I'm not meaning to sound like an animal killer or anything, just that I would rather protect myself even if it means killing the dog than end up in the hospital from a dog attack
25695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Universe :0
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
What a dick. We can over power a dog, so there's definitely no reason to use excessive force. Why couldn't he simply restrain the dog, or with the help of the other officers. He could have at least used a tazer to subdue the dog. I find it funny too how he points the gun at the dog. Like what, a dog knows that's a weapon? You expect the dog to know, oh you're pointing a gun at me, I better shut up and do as you say? If the only reason the cops arrested the man was because of his recording of them, I say go fuck yourself to the cops.
I will agree, that true, the man kept getting closer, but the dog should have never gotten hurt.
We're suppose to be the intelligent being, so it should be simple for us humans to restrain a dog. No need for excessive force. I guess when you give someone a gun, its bound to go to their head. Small sign of danger, and the best defense you can think of is the gun? What a bitch. It's a dog, not a pack of wolves or a bear.
26739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13
I would have shot the dog too. I hate getting bitten by dogs. It's scary and hurts like hell. However, the dog was okay until the owner was handcuffed, and the owner did nothing to merit arrest.

mipegg wrote:
This isnt tragic, its an animal no different to a cow which you would happily kill hundreds of to eat, tragic would be if he shot a small kid by accident etc.

And also ^this^. Cows are delicious, although generally it's better not to shoot them a bunch of times before you butcher them, as bloodshot meat is ruined.
Jikkle 
34141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
The issue with subduing the dog is the cops aren't trained or even equipped for it and you never know what could happen in the process in subduing the dog.

What if the dog manages to bite at one of the officers necks and kills him in the process. Then people would be saying "they should've shot the dog"

Shooting the dog was the correct action and it was just an unfortunate because they were armed with guns due to the hostage standoff. It's not like they can tell the dog if he could wait before it tries to bite it's face off while they run to the car to grab a taser or bean bag gun.

If you blame anyone it's the owner. Because he should know if his dog has a tendency to be protective and he should've have requested that he allowed to properly restrain the dog before being arrested. Since what he was being arrested for was obviously minor and the fact the cops wouldn't want to deal with a dog attacking them they most likely would've allowed him to get the dog in the car and roll up the windows enough so the dog couldn't get out or tie the leash to something in the car.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.