First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Hawthorne Police Department Kill Rottweiler Dog in front of owner.
17562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

Gettnlag wrote:

I would have done the same thing. If my safety is threatened by a dog like that jumping up at me then I would have pulled the trigger too. Its the dogs owners fault, he should have never stopped to record/ let his dog out to begin with/ left his windows down so that the dog may get out. I'm not meaning to sound like an animal killer or anything, just that I would rather protect myself even if it means killing the dog than end up in the hospital from a dog attack


I'm actually from Hawthorne so trust me I know all there is to know about this topic. First off, the man recording wasn't doing anything illegal by recording it. Secondly, the dog didn't even attack the officer or anything; he was just barking. The officer over-reacted and shot the dog twice. The dog ran away and the officer still shot him, two more times.
Yes, it's ultimately everyone's fault here, but it's mostly the officer(s) who are in the red zone. The man recording was trying to put his dog away and the officer had no mercy.
593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / London, UK
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

Hachikobubble wrote:


mipegg wrote:

No fault on the police officer, dangerous dog comes running at you he did he job. This isnt tragic, its an animal no different to a cow which you would happily kill hundreds of to eat, tragic would be if he shot a small kid by accident etc. Saying its natural for the dog to attack someone which makes it ok is dumb, dangerous dog is dangerous and gets what was coming to it. Its childish and naive to think and different


There's a difference between cows and dogs - Cows don't really care about anything. It's as if they were made to be turned into steak. Dogs, on the other hand, are friendly, and do care about certain things. I'm not trying to be an animal rights activist here, but I'm just saying. Dogs will attack when their owners are being handled, they assume their owners are being attacked. They are very loyal, unlike a dumb cow.


http://www.farmforward.com/features/lives-of-cattle
Or not.
18430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

sillyriri wrote:


Hachikobubble wrote:


mipegg wrote:

No fault on the police officer, dangerous dog comes running at you he did he job. This isnt tragic, its an animal no different to a cow which you would happily kill hundreds of to eat, tragic would be if he shot a small kid by accident etc. Saying its natural for the dog to attack someone which makes it ok is dumb, dangerous dog is dangerous and gets what was coming to it. Its childish and naive to think and different


There's a difference between cows and dogs - Cows don't really care about anything. It's as if they were made to be turned into steak. Dogs, on the other hand, are friendly, and do care about certain things. I'm not trying to be an animal rights activist here, but I'm just saying. Dogs will attack when their owners are being handled, they assume their owners are being attacked. They are very loyal, unlike a dumb cow.


http://www.farmforward.com/features/lives-of-cattle
Or not.


I was also going to make this point they also will charge to protect the things they care about trust me i have had to run from meany a cow.
Also in the end It was a dog a big dog that is scary personally it would have freaked me out not sure I would have shot the dog but i can see why. I know people love dogs but they need to realize not every one does and may not be the best at handling them. And also once you shot it you want to kill it quickly not let it bleed to death that would have been worse.
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13
Moral of the story: Never play love making music out loud in your car again
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13

shirayukiIce wrote:


Gettnlag wrote:

I would have done the same thing. If my safety is threatened by a dog like that jumping up at me then I would have pulled the trigger too. Its the dogs owners fault, he should have never stopped to record/ let his dog out to begin with/ left his windows down so that the dog may get out. I'm not meaning to sound like an animal killer or anything, just that I would rather protect myself even if it means killing the dog than end up in the hospital from a dog attack


I'm actually from Hawthorne so trust me I know all there is to know about this topic. First off, the man recording wasn't doing anything illegal by recording it. Secondly, the dog didn't even attack the officer or anything; he was just barking. The officer over-reacted and shot the dog twice. The dog ran away and the officer still shot him, two more times.
Yes, it's ultimately everyone's fault here, but it's mostly the officer(s) who are in the red zone. The man recording was trying to put his dog away and the officer had no mercy.


Yeah, the man recording isn't doing anything illegal. But if you were a cop, putting your life on the line, and in a VERY tense moment, how chill would you be with this guy driving up, putting on some loud music, walking around very close to the scene with his dog, and overall just being nothing but a nuisance? No, it isn't the police's fault, they didn't come to HIM he came to them. HIS dog charged at them, they didn't charge at the dog. And yes, at the very last second before the dog was shot, he lunged at the officer. This situation wasn't the dog's fault, it wasn't the police's fault, it was the dumbass who drove up and totally disrespected the situation at hand. I feel incredibly sorry for the dog. He was just trying to protect his owner and had no idea what was going on. It wasn't his fault. So no, I don't agree. The officer had no mercy? What would you do if a huge dog like that lunged at you??? Also I do agree a good tase should've been implemented. But it was such a split second moment I don't know what I would've done either. Poor dog.

Also, it sure is easy for you sitting behind the safety of a computer typing all of this, saying the situation should've been handled differently. I don't think enough people are putting themselves in this guy's shoes.
17562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 7/3/13


Okay. I'm stupid and ignorant. Let's just leave it at that.
Posted 7/3/13

shirayukiIce wrote:



Okay. I'm stupid and ignorant. Let's just leave it at that.


No your not. I apologize if my reply to your post came off that way. I was just trying to say to put yourself in that guys shoes. I can still see your points on how the situation could've been handled MUCH better. If this had occurred in a less stressful environment I would agree the officer would've been more in the wrong. But due to the situation at hand I couldn't help but stand behind the officer's side.

Posted 7/3/13

chase6565 wrote:


shirayukiIce wrote:



Okay. I'm stupid and ignorant. Let's just leave it at that.


No your not. I apologize if my reply to your post came off that way. I was just trying to say to put yourself in that guys shoes. I can still see your points on how the situation could've been handled MUCH better. If this had occurred in a less stressful environment I would agree the officer would've been more in the wrong. But due to the situation at hand I couldn't help but stand behind the officer's side.



You should blame the cuffs
Posted 7/3/13

sillyriri wrote:


Hachikobubble wrote:


mipegg wrote:

No fault on the police officer, dangerous dog comes running at you he did he job. This isnt tragic, its an animal no different to a cow which you would happily kill hundreds of to eat, tragic would be if he shot a small kid by accident etc. Saying its natural for the dog to attack someone which makes it ok is dumb, dangerous dog is dangerous and gets what was coming to it. Its childish and naive to think and different


There's a difference between cows and dogs - Cows don't really care about anything. It's as if they were made to be turned into steak. Dogs, on the other hand, are friendly, and do care about certain things. I'm not trying to be an animal rights activist here, but I'm just saying. Dogs will attack when their owners are being handled, they assume their owners are being attacked. They are very loyal, unlike a dumb cow.


http://www.farmforward.com/features/lives-of-cattle
Or not.


I don't really believe everything I read on the internet.

And I've lived with cattle before. They're pretty dumb. And I mean that in the most unoffensive way possible. Cute, but don't really have distinctive personalities.
593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / London, UK
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

Hachikobubble wrote:


sillyriri wrote:


Hachikobubble wrote:


mipegg wrote:

No fault on the police officer, dangerous dog comes running at you he did he job. This isnt tragic, its an animal no different to a cow which you would happily kill hundreds of to eat, tragic would be if he shot a small kid by accident etc. Saying its natural for the dog to attack someone which makes it ok is dumb, dangerous dog is dangerous and gets what was coming to it. Its childish and naive to think and different


There's a difference between cows and dogs - Cows don't really care about anything. It's as if they were made to be turned into steak. Dogs, on the other hand, are friendly, and do care about certain things. I'm not trying to be an animal rights activist here, but I'm just saying. Dogs will attack when their owners are being handled, they assume their owners are being attacked. They are very loyal, unlike a dumb cow.


http://www.farmforward.com/features/lives-of-cattle
Or not.


I don't really believe everything I read on the internet.

And I've lived with cattle before. They're pretty dumb. And I mean that in the most unoffensive way possible. Cute, but don't really have distinctive personalities.

I can give you links to sources that are generally considered reliable saying the same things if that would ease your skepticism.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4360947.stm
I'm not looking to debate it (since it's only tangetially relevant to the thread), but I personally feel that the reason why people are more upset about a dog being killed than cows is because it's easy for people to maintain ignorance about animals they aren't often exposed to rather than because that animal is stupid or uncaring.
Posted 7/3/13
It's the fault of both sides, honestly. It could have been handled better, yes.

But the saddest part of this discussion is watching people in this thread who obviously have no experience or knowledge of sides they are flaming on and are still trying to explain how things should have happened and/or been done, according to their limited knowledge or lack thereof.

Armchair quarterbacking, I believe it's called.
208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 7/3/13
The dude should have minded his own business and moved on -- instead of sticking around like a dumbass. If he wanted to take pictures and video, sure... just stand in one place -- like the people who took THIS video. That horrid mistake cost the dog's life.
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 7/3/13
... i still say the cop was at fault. but he's legally safe especially with this video. the dog techniquely was never going to attack. he was being defensive. no dog will let you near it when they are defensive.

theres alot of should have. but the simple fact is they don't have certain options.

how it could've happened without that is that they uncuffed the man and let him put the dog back in the car securely. but once arrested he can't be uncuffed. it was a fact that he was willing to work with them.



9278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Onmarus
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

choieraebin wrote:

It's just a dog.


Idiot, dogs can be some of the closest most loving and innocent of companion a person can have. A lot of people value their dogs lives over humans any day. You must have never had a dog who was also a close friend, don't be so heartless.
9278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Onmarus
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

LynnTerra wrote:

It's the fault of both sides, honestly. It could have been handled better, yes.

But the saddest part of this discussion is watching people in this thread who obviously have no experience or knowledge of sides they are flaming on and are still trying to explain how things should have happened and/or been done, according to their limited knowledge or lack thereof.

Armchair quarterbacking, I believe it's called.


You Nailed it!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.