First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you still have respect for someone who cheats in a relationship
58951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Right behind you.
Online
Posted 7/6/13

mynameismariel wrote:

The question should be what is considered to be "cheating?"
Leaving comments on other girls/guys pictures calling them sexy, beautiful and asking for pictures when they are in a committed relationship.
Sleeping with other people.
Having multiple partners.
Talking and flirting with many people and pretending to be okay with your gf/bf.

Everyone has different forms of what cheating should be considered. I personally think cheating is bad. Of course you can forgive the person. Because if you don't you might not get the chance to move on and be happier. Why reminisce on the bad things for so long. Forgive and forget! I know cheating hurts like shit but atleast you know you don't need to waste your time on the person! Marriage is a different perspective to me. Divorces are easy to just do and say. But people made that "oath" to be husband and wife til death do us part! Ha~ they should really change that. Either way nothing is an "accident" because everything happens for a reason. Cheaters are just people who love doing it, enjoy hurting others, are unhappy with their relationships, want someone who can be there for them while they go sleep around or just plain old asses xD I


It really depends on the terms of the relationship. I would not consider having multiple partners to be cheating, as long as the multiple partners understand the situation, and the lack of exclusivity between couples. However, if one member of the party is not aware of the lack of exclusivity and is intentionally kept in the dark about it, i would consider it cheating or at the very least incredibly dishonest.

Anything that can fall under large social interaction, i would never consider cheating, it is social behavior. Intimate behavior though i would consider cheating, basically sex, or anything that could be considered entering a romantic relationship with someone else. The intent is very important.
33575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
happened to me once, I just left. She hurted herself a lot more I think because she was sad too but she felt the guilt too.
Trust is like a vase, break it only once..you'll be able to glue it back together, but it'll never be as strong.
22501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
I have no respect. I had it happen to me twice. The second one was the worst. She just kept doing it in front of me and thought she was smart enough to get away with it. It pissed me off so much how after a month of that she dumped me. I mean, why not do it to begin with? That's what pissed me off the most. Ends up being she's a who*e now.
Posted 7/6/13 , edited 7/6/13

drakedogma wrote:

Some people who cheat are jerks, some people who cheat made a mistake, it's hard to really define someone based off one action.



I totally disagree, in both situations the person still cheated. In that one instance your significant other said, "I care about this one moment of stupidity more than all of the moments I've spent with the person I love/ have been dating." I can't stand cheaters. I truly believe if someone can cheat once they'll do it again. I would have forgiveness but I would be done with the relationship instantly.
Posted 7/6/13
You have to cheat one way or another. I don't like it though, because it'll hurt my feelings. And I believe in Karma. One day, they'll get it too if they cheat on me.
Sogno- 
25878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/6/13 , edited 7/6/13
i cheated in monopoly once or twice

my mother and i don't get along any worse because of it

1898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/6/13 , edited 7/6/13

chase6565 wrote:


drakedogma wrote:

Some people who cheat are jerks, some people who cheat made a mistake, it's hard to really define someone based off one action.



I totally disagree, in both situations the person still cheated. In that one instance your significant other said, "I care about this one moment of stupidity more than all of the moments I've spent with the person I love/ have been dating." I can't stand cheaters. I truly believe if someone can cheat once they'll do it again. I would have forgiveness but I would be done with the relationship instantly.


There isn't a person alive who hasn't done something stupid or hurtful to someone else that they care about, cheating isn't the only thing. The point of my comment is, everyone is different and no one can be defined by one action and you can't label or assume things about someone so quickly just because of one shameless action.
15058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Mississippi
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

jolinea999 wrote:

no one likes cheaters and you should never become one,we all remember the school days ending (BEST ENDING EVER)


Yes : l I remember that ending well, it was messed up ending. I didn't see it coming, I hope nothing like that ever happens to me or anyone. I have been cheated on and its funny b/c I know it and my ex doesn't realize I know anything haha but thats what gives me an advantage if she ever tries to start anything. I agree cheating is wrong and can do more harm than benefit anyone. All loyalty and trust should be given to each other with the utmost respect.
1898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
And since people are bringing up school days, just because you cheat doesn't mean you deserve to be gutted and killed.
22968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
Personally, If someone cheats in a relationship, that person was better off not dating in the first place.
6181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
This is why we have handcuffs, when they are chained to your bed they can't cheat. Even if they do then it's time for the riding crop.

Seriously though if they cheat they did not love you enough in the first place, or else they would have not put themselves in a position where "mistakes" could happen.
Posted 7/6/13 , edited 7/6/13

drakedogma wrote:


chase6565 wrote:


drakedogma wrote:

Some people who cheat are jerks, some people who cheat made a mistake, it's hard to really define someone based off one action.



I totally disagree, in both situations the person still cheated. In that one instance your significant other said, "I care about this one moment of stupidity more than all of the moments I've spent with the person I love/ have been dating." I can't stand cheaters. I truly believe if someone can cheat once they'll do it again. I would have forgiveness but I would be done with the relationship instantly.


There isn't a person alive who hasn't done something stupid or hurtful to someone else that they care about, cheating isn't the only thing. The point of my comment is, everyone is different and no one can be defined by one action and you can't label or assume things about someone so quickly just because of one shameless action.


Dude....it's a PRETTY big 'mistake' though. It's not hurtful like forgetting that it's your anniversary or telling your girlfriend your not wanting to talk on the phone to her every night, there is a difference in severity of mistakes. Just my opinion though.

27741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

kamaitachi5587 wrote:
This is why we have handcuffs, when they are chained to your bed they can't cheat. Even if they do then it's time for the riding crop.

So smart!
9450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
If you asked me this question a few years back, I would have given the person who cheated the benefit of the doubt and say "yes."

Because people change, right?

So I thought, till it happened to me. He cheated once, I forgave him because I could tell he was earnestly sorry for what he did. We went without incident for another year, and I thought we were doing great....And then a full blown cheating fiasco happened, and he didn't even try to hide it or deny it. I can understand that he was unhappy with out situation (long distance relationships suck) but I would have much rather he just ended the whole thing then drag it out, and tear out my heart while I was on my knees wondering what the fuck did I do wrong.

So, naturally, I now think: if you cheat, I have no shred of dignity or respect for you.
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
Ehhh that all kinda depends on the situation of the matter, regardless though I usually lose a chunk of respect for said purpose even if presented with the full reasoning's and such, personally I believe everyone can redeem themselves in one way or the other
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.