First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Senki Zesshou Symphogear G Discussions
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
I only just started watching it. I'm worried already. They had to START with their epic 'normally this is the death of me' triple swan end of season one grand combo as their opener....

And the REAL badguys were expecting it. This does not bode well.
29775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 9/7/13

EJHicks wrote:

Also, you've made me a bit more interested in Blazeblue now,


it's something I'm definitely going to watch. I just hope it keeps with the story of the games. I'm not usually a fan of fighting games, but I absolutely adore the Blazblue series. the story and characters are awesome. the first time I played Calamity Trigger 4 years ago, I thought it'd make a great JRPG or anime.
25603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 9/7/13 , edited 9/7/13
Episode 10 One of the best ever.

The Shocking OVER THE TOP Cliffhamgar Chris!????



What is Going:To Happen?



The Wise Wizard
74992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
Reading this topic, I am beginning to get the feeling this is one of those rare cases where the sequel outshines the original.

For those that have seen both, what is your opinion?
49248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/7/13

TheAncientOne wrote:

Reading this topic, I am beginning to get the feeling this is one of those rare cases where the sequel outshines the original.

For those that have seen both, what is your opinion?
I agree the sequel is better overall though I think I like some of the first season songs better. And... I really wish I could watch this legally in HD somewhere, grumble, grumble...
25603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 9/7/13

TheAncientOne wrote:

Reading this topic, I am beginning to get the feeling this is one of those rare cases where the sequel outshines the original.

For those that have seen both, what is your opinion?


Yes I''ll do that. I liked season one not over the top for me but I liked the idea of music ,singing to fight evil but the evil side did it too! The episodes were up and down but I liked the characters and the latter episodes were better.

Now for season 2 it not only outdid the original IMO is one of the best of summer and maybe has more action and I think the best cliffhangars of a lot of other animes.It has me on edge for the next episode already.My head is spinning from this week and really jumped up with what happened.One of the biggest surprises in an anime. No hint no subtle suggestions wasnt even thought by a lot of good viewers.Code Geass had twists but you knew it could.S-Gear just drops it the shocker and each week and you go uhh.omg etc!
75459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/7/13


Have I mentioned how much I Love Chris's battle song. We got pretty much a full rendition of it this week and it is still my favorite.

but Gah

The Cliffhangers are killing me.

This week was just mean.
It's like the director ended the episode with the first bit and said "You know what....I don't think that is quite enough to make the audience gnaw their own arm off waiting for next week. Lets add one more twist after the credits finish rolling."


and afterwards he just sits there feeding off the screams of anguish from the viewers
"yeah...that's the stuff...."


I would definitely say I am enjoying season 2 a lot more than season 1. but the wait between cliffhangers is just brutal
76624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
I just looked up both series, it is actually pretty poorly rated.
29775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 9/7/13
I'm enjoying S2 a lot more. S1 was like a roller coaster, it had it's ups and downs and it's epic moments. S2 is like watching 2 roller coasters on the same track playing chicken, and then cutting off when the two coasters are inches away from each other. then every episode the two roller coasters are magically reset, yet it's just as tense leading up to what appears to be an imminent collision every time.
25603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 9/7/13 , edited 9/7/13

AnimeKami wrote:

I just looked up both series, it is actually pretty poorly rated.


And IMO that's sad especially for season 2 .Reasons who knows ,not being on Funi or CR.Viewers dont know about season 2? And here's one that just stinks and I will get all the goody two shoes upset but it's on fan-sub and refuse to watch it.Funi and CR could have picked it up! Not blaming them but I think some new blood needs to look at anime in a new light..Fans in the US other regions view anime differently a lot.Fans in the U.S. seem to like this show a lot.

I dont mean to be overbearing but how much really great outstanding music gets over looked because of the music industry! More than less and that's the truth!


And finally a lot of the viewers missed a great season 2 anime.People complain about lack of action in anime not here!So I am watching an amazing anime and thankful for that!
49248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/7/13

FLjerry2011 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

I just looked up both series, it is actually pretty poorly rated.


And IMO that's sad especially for season 2 .Reasons who knows ,not being on Funi or CR.Viewers dont know about season 2? And here's one that just stinks and I will get all the goody two shoes upset but it's on fan-sub and refuse to watch it.Funi and CR could have picked it up! Not blaming them but I think some new blood needs to look at anime in a new light..Fans in the US other regions view anime differently a lot.Fans in the U.S. seem to like this show a lot.

I dont mean to be overbearing but how much really great outstanding music gets over looked because of the music industry! More than less and that's the truth!


And finally a lot of the viewers missed a great season 2 anime.People complain about lack of action in anime not here!So I am watching an amazing anime and thankful for that!

First, unscientific website ratings are pretty much useless.

Next, the funny thing about your music comment is that music may be one of the issues about this series. There is a LOT of music and getting Nana Mizuki music is not easy. I wouldn't be surprised if some Japan/USA music artists association royalties aren't the actual holdup here.
25603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 9/7/13 , edited 9/7/13

hpulley wrote:


FLjerry2011 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

I just looked up both series, it is actually pretty poorly rated.


And IMO that's sad especially for season 2 .Reasons who knows ,not being on Funi or CR.Viewers dont know about season 2? And here's one that just stinks and I will get all the goody two shoes upset but it's on fan-sub and refuse to watch it.Funi and CR could have picked it up! Not blaming them but I think some new blood needs to look at anime in a new light..Fans in the US other regions view anime differently a lot.Fans in the U.S. seem to like this show a lot.

I dont mean to be overbearing but how much really great outstanding music gets over looked because of the music industry! More than less and that's the truth!


And finally a lot of the viewers missed a great season 2 anime.People complain about lack of action in anime not here!So I am watching an amazing anime and thankful for that!

First, unscientific website ratings are pretty much useless.

Next, the funny thing about your music comment is that music may be one of the issues about this series. There is a LOT of music and getting Nana Mizuki music is not easy. I wouldn't be surprised if some Japan/USA music artists association royalties aren't the actual holdup here.


Probally a good point HP! That's good insight.BTW I am going to buy the series just to make a point that the industry needs to broaden it self away form Japanese fans only.I know there is a lot with the TV broadcasting.However just think if it was on Funi or CR they would get fees.So now they lose not only $$ from licensing but future DVD sales etc.The whole licensing thing worldwde needs to be steamlined so shows like this DO NOT get missed.


BTW did the writers, production make it so good as a slap in the face to the anime industry and fans.
28161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jackson, MS
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
I have to agree that the second season is better than the first. I was a little skeptical at first, although still thrilled, because I thought it might not be as good as the first season. But it has totally squashed that foolish notion and for that I am most pleased.
25603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
Episode 10 2nd viewing

Not one,two but the 3rd Cliffhangar



29775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 9/7/13
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.